+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate from CHC Islamabad Pakistam

Waiting_man_007

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hi every body,
Being a Canadian, I applied for my daughter's Canadian citizenship certificate i CHC Islamabad, Pakistan in March 2016. We received a letter in July 2016 that application is in process. The letter also states that CHC Islamabad has no access to application status and we must contact CIC immigration Canada incase we want to get any update.
Last month, some one from CHC Islamabad called us and told us that pay 6000 rupees and apply for refund of 75$ which were paid online and receipt was submitted with the application.
We paid 6000 rupees in Standard chartered bank and send receipt to CHC Islamabad. Yesterday, again some one called from embassy and said that pay 6000 rupees and apply for the refund of previously paid 6000 rupees.
Today I called CIC immigration office in Canada. After getting all the info, the person told me that she can see my daughter's sponsorship application and not the citizenship certificate application in the system. With the fear that she may make more mess, I cut the phone and asked my wife to pay again 6000 rupees and send the receipt to CHC Islamabad.
My wife told me that she tried to ask from the person who called for paying fees the reason for new fees and why applying for refund, but the person on phone advised her that do what she is being asked to do if she wants the application in process.
Any body having any such experience where local embassy as well as CIC office has no clue and we have no other option just to follow the clueless instruction.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion it is Scam. who was beneficiary of your pervious 6000,if Canadian embassy then it is confusing Scam or Real. You should contact embassy regarding this.

Waiting_man_007

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
The bank draft was for Receiver General of canada and whn the person called, he himself gives all the info to confirm us that he is calling from embassy.
When I called CIC canada, I was told the same thing that its fraud and dont pay any fee but as we are sending it to CHC islamabad address, so thats why, its not look like scam.
Dont know the fact but we dont have any other option.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then call Local embassy before making new payment. Send case specific inquiry regarding process of your application.

tm_baku

Oct 28, 2019
Hello. What is the latest policy regarding application of new born to a canadian citizens outside Canada deposited to Canadian Embassy in Islamabad as child is born in Pakistan. Last time we successfully got the citizenship certificate for our elder child in 2014. We submitted following documents:
1. CIT 0001 application for citizenship certificate.
2. Birth certificate (original).
3. Family Registration Certificate (Original).
4. Proof of citizenship (parent's canadian citizenship certificate in original)
5. Fee Rs. 7125/- through standard chartered bank.
6. Photograph.

What is the latest policy in 2019 and what has changed in the above list? Especially fee whether it can be deposited online and whether documents still need to be in original? Thanks