+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Its almost 10 weeks now after oath.
Two week back, I called helpline and i was told my certificate is printed in Ottawa Office. But i still have not received it. How much time do they take to make shipping packet ready?
Anything that i can do to expedite ?
After 6 weeks, I believe you can escalate. I think you can call the 1-800 and either request a new certificate to be mailed or go pick one up (completely unsure on this - this is the first time I've read of someone never getting it.)

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
After 6 weeks, I believe you can escalate. I think you can call the 1-800 and either request a new certificate to be mailed or go pick one up (completely unsure on this - this is the first time I've read of someone never getting it.)
Ottawa is Notorious for not sending certificate sooner. I will see if i can escalate it. Last time i called them they said its printed and i would get it soon but dont know the timeline.

Reactions: chs

Mk21

Jan 17, 2022
Took mine on 16th...most annoying thing is they make you cut your PR card before you get certificate/passport
Not certificate yet. It’s already 2.5 months since oath date. Status is still “In-Progress”. I guess JT is been on vacation and left our papers on his desk.

I faxed the Solemn declaration form (citizenship certificate never received) to Sidney, NS yesterday. Hoping they will look at it within a month from now and do something.

Will send emails to major news media this week to see if they agree to publish Ottawa office story.
oaths Nov 17, no certificate till now, code JT

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
I received my certificate today.
Oath was on Dec 22. Processing office was Mississauga
Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: bluesami

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
Mine came by Purolator from Ottawa office after an escalation to the minister. The brown envelop had canadapost stamp on it and it was placed in the Purolator envelope.
Hey Can you tell me how to escalate this further ? Its been more than 10 weeks now. What did you do ?

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
I am waiting for my Certificate. Location : Mississauga

Citizenship
  • We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 5, 2018
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019
  • We started processing your application on January 21, 2019
  • We sent you a notice on October 23, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 18, 2019
  • Decision made December 23, 2021
  • Citizenship oath In progress Jan 5, 2022
  • Citizenship ceremony Jan 19, 2022
  • Citizenship application status: Closed & Completed Jan 19, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: im2kool

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Ottawa is Notorious for not sending certificate sooner. I will see if i can escalate it. Last time i called them they said its printed and i would get it soon but dont know the timeline.
Could you give me the contact number? Did you call the Ottawa office or general IRCC?

NKhan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2015
Does anyone know on average how long is mississauga office taking to send citizenship certificate after oath?