Citizenship Ceremony - reschedule

innocentman

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for sharing this.
Unfortunately my case was different. I did email them to advise on what to do prior to my ceremony.
Have also attended the ceremony and was told to make a decision and if not willing to do it will be sent another date.

6 weeks later I received this

“You were scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship on April 13, 2022. We received the explanation you provided for being unable to attend this event. We reviewed your explanation and regret to inform you that it was deemed unreasonable because travel for personal reasons does not warrant postponement of the Oath of Citizenship.

Please note that a Final Notice to Appear will follow in due course.”

still didn’t hear back yet
This is interesting, sorry for late reply but what happened to me was...I sent email that we are out of country until certain date, few days later reply came saying thank for letting us know and we'll contact you for new date.
Same week after we got back email came with new date and we did ceremony this week..all went smooth

crazyhoops

Jan 7, 2015
thanks for sharing this.
Unfortunately my case was different. I did email them to advise on what to do prior to my ceremony.
Have also attended the ceremony and was told to make a decision and if not willing to do it will be sent another date.

“You were scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship on April 13, 2022. We received the explanation you provided for being unable to attend this event. We reviewed your explanation and regret to inform you that it was deemed unreasonable because travel for personal reasons does not warrant postponement of the Oath of Citizenship.

I was under the impression that final notice will need more documents supporting your reason on why you missed the ceremony. But i'm also confused as to what will happen once final notice is sent. Will they send you a final letter or as per some citizenship act section, the application may move be moved to abandoned stage?

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
thanks for sharing this.

I'm sorry to hear that, I really don't understand where these double standards come from. I just told them I was travelling, no further questions asked and no complications.

j9hamn1380

Nov 15, 2022
Hello All,
I was scheduled to take my oath of citizenship on 7 August and I missed it. I provided them evidence of why I am going to miss my ceremony. Now I am back in Canada and submitted my boarding pass. When can I expect a rescheduled date from Montreal office?

TIA.

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hello All,
I was scheduled to take my oath of citizenship on 7 August and I missed it. I provided them evidence of why I am going to miss my ceremony. Now I am back in Canada and submitted my boarding pass. When can I expect a rescheduled date from Montreal office?

TIA.
Any updates from you? You should have attended the ceremony anyway...