+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony- Not Started Status (since last 3 months)

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
I am actually scared of getting into such a situation. I sincerely empathize with you.

What is your timelime? What is your processing office? Have you obtained your ATIP?
Thanks. Test and all activities completed Sept. Submitted to NS address. Nothing abnormal in application. Not sure what is ATIP.

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
Hi Jessy ,

I am in the exact same situation . Been waiting from Aug28 with everything marked as complete except for oath . ( Vancouver office ). Which office are you from and when did you take the test ? i took my test in May 2021 and application sent in October 2019.:(
Submitted to NS office. Test and all sections were completed Sept. Their website mentions typical timeframe for normal applications from test completion to ceremony is usually within three months. There is no further update. This is really frustrating.

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
My processing office is also the Vancouver office, and I've been waiting for an oath invite since August 31. I wonder if all of us who got DM in August from the same officer. I wrote feedbacks to IRCC complaining about the processing time in the Vancouver office. I suggest you guys do the same.
where can we contact IRCC ? E-mail ? Phone is not helping.

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
Have been waiting 3.5 months since DM. Test April 2021. Nov. 2019 applicants. I am NOT hopeful to get the oath this year. IRCC has other more important applicants in mind that benefit their reputation.
Not sure what takes it so long for oath ceremony invitation if all other sections of application are completed (even though there are delays due to Covid)

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
DM in July. Waiting from July. All stages are in completed status except the Oath ceremony. Test was in May. SAUGA office.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Not sure what takes it so long for oath ceremony invitation if all other sections of application are completed (even though there are delays due to Covid)
There is a huge backlog for the oath. From what I gather, they host 12 ceremonies a week, for less than 100 participants on average for each ceremony. Quebec alone has 20,000 people waiting for the oath. Ontario has more than this number (I think it's 35,000).

Masplong

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Med's Request
13-06-2014
Med's Done....
25-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Same here. Applied April 2020, DM since August 20 from Vancouver office, no oath ceremony date.
They should honestly refund us the $700 something we paid for this shitty service, if they give me my money back, they can take all the time they want because I simply don't care anymore.

jessybrt

Dec 1, 2021
There is a huge backlog for the oath. From what I gather, they host 12 ceremonies a week, for less than 100 participants on average for each ceremony. Quebec alone has 20,000 people waiting for the oath. Ontario has more than this number (I think it's 35,000).
Thanks. Interesting. Just a thought for discussion, if its virtual oath ceremony, why have a limit of 100 or less on number of participants.

Reactions: Dreamlad

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks. Interesting. Just a thought for discussion, if its virtual oath ceremony, why have a limit of 100 or less on number of participants.
Because participants need registration. If each participant needs 5 mins to register with an agent (in reality it may take 10-15 minutes), this is 500 minutes for 100 participant. If they allocate 10 agents for registration (which is an optimistic number) working in parallel, it will take 50 minutes to register participants, again, in reality the time is longer because the estimates above are very optimistic. For example, someone recently reported around 110 participants in a ceremony, and it took 2.5 hours in total. The oath itself is just 5-10 minutes. They should have taken advantage of the summer for outdoor ceremonies, but IRCC doesn't care much about clearing the backlog.

Last edited:

kiranowp

Oct 17, 2014
Hello All,

Any updates of oath in this week ? My friend received their oath date this week !! Happy for them but cannot understand how this oath invite works !!
They applied in December 2019 and finished their test in June 2021 . I am ahead in the timeline and DM perspective but no oath scheduled yet for me !!
( both of us from Vancouver office )

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hello All,

Any updates of oath in this week ? My friend received their oath date this week !! Happy for them but cannot understand how this oath invite works !!
They applied in December 2019 and finished their test in June 2021 . I am ahead in the timeline and DM perspective but no oath scheduled yet for me !!
( both of us from Vancouver office )

I am in the same situation. Got DM in Aug (Vancouver Office) and I am waiting for oath.

Claude-Ali

Dec 21, 2022
Submitted my application on 22th of March 2022
They received it on 07th of Avril and started processing it
Took my test December 03 2022
Citizenship test Updated to Completed Dec 8 2022
Citizenship ceremony still Not Started

But when i submitted my application i found out that i made mistake somewhere , the question was City or Village : I answered differently from the city that listed on my Confirmation of Permanent Resident i put Village instead of City, do you guys think will cause me trouble getting my citizenship , but i contacted IRCC several times and all agents i spoke with they told me not to worry the agent who is dealing with my case with change it and if more documents needed will reach out to me

wink

May 25, 2021
Submitted my application on 22th of March 2022
They received it on 07th of Avril and started processing it
Took my test December 03 2022
Citizenship test Updated to Completed Dec 8 2022
Citizenship ceremony still Not Started

But when i submitted my application i found out that i made mistake somewhere , the question was City or Village : I answered differently from the city that listed on my Confirmation of Permanent Resident i put Village instead of City, do you guys think will cause me trouble getting my citizenship , but i contacted IRCC several times and all agents i spoke with they told me not to worry the agent who is dealing with my case with change it and if more documents needed will reach out to me
If the agents could not stop your worry, not sure anyone's answer from the forum going to stop you from worrying.