+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship ceremony delayed

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation and so requesting feedback from the experts here.

I have applied for my citizenship in March 2021 along with minor child (7 years) and all the checks were completed as of Feb 2022. I've been waiting for Citizenship (Outh) ceremony for close to a year and all my efforts to get a traction on the application were unsuccessful.

Here's what I tried so far:
Call IRCC (5 to 6 times): could connect to the agent only once and the agent said everything is complete and I just have to wait for ceremony. This was in July 2022 and all my further calls did not connect me with the agent.
Raise webform: done twice with all the info, received acknowledgement but no further communication
Raise GCM notes: Paid 6 dollars and raised GCM notes 5 months ago, again, no other response than acknowledgement.

I'm kind of lost for options here and my PR card is expiring in Feb 2023. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I'm sure I'm not alone in this situation and so requesting feedback from the experts here.

I have applied for my citizenship in March 2021 along with minor child (7 years) and all the checks were completed as of Feb 2022. I've been waiting for Citizenship (Outh) ceremony for close to a year and all my efforts to get a traction on the application were unsuccessful.

Call IRCC (5 to 6 times): could connect to the agent only once and the agent said everything is complete and I just have to wait for ceremony. This was in July 2022 and all my further calls did not connect me with the agent.
Raise webform: done twice with all the info, received acknowledgement but no further communication
Raise GCM notes: Paid 6 dollars and raised GCM notes 5 months ago, again, no other response than acknowledgement.

I'm kind of lost for options here and my PR card is expiring in Feb 2023. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Send Webforms every month and apply for PR card renewal.

Reactions: snoopyta

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014

Write an email requesting for Oath Ceremony to the same ID from which you had received your test invite. Each processing office also has a separate Oath Invite email address. Depending on your location and do a quick search on this forum to find that email and also send them a request. Try calling the IRCC office just before 8 am EST and you might get lucky.

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

Go on this website and call your local MP's constituency office (not the Ottawa office) - https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Your local MP's constituency office can contact the IRCC via a hotline and get a better assessment of what is going on with your application. Make sure you ask them what is keeping the local office from sending an oath invite.

Your application has been ongoing for 1 year and 9 months which shortly will exceed the 24 month service standard. If it does, contact the Federal Immigration Minister's office directly.

Reactions: A_S

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go on this website and call your local MP's constituency office (not the Ottawa office) - https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Your local MP's constituency office can contact the IRCC via a hotline and get a better assessment of what is going on with your application. Make sure you ask them what is keeping the local office from sending an oath invite.

Your application has been ongoing for 1 year and 9 months which shortly will exceed the 24 month service standard. If it does, contact the Federal Immigration Minister's office directly.
thank you so much

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write an email requesting for Oath Ceremony to the same ID from which you had received your test invite. Each processing office also has a separate Oath Invite email address. Depending on your location and do a quick search on this forum to find that email and also send them a request. Try calling the IRCC office just before 8 am EST and you might get lucky.
thank you, will try that

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013

You should renew PR card asap if you plan to travel. I regretted that I waited until last minute to do it. Anyways I got the new PR card now. My citizenship application still shows no updates since I completed test in June 2022.

Last edited: