+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony - Calgary

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Dear all,

i have 2 questions, if someone can help with an answer.

first, i received the letter for Citizenship Ceremony January 9, 2015 to go for the Oath February 12, so far the online status at CIC website still not updated, is it normal ?

second i'm traveling out of Calgary and coming back 14 February, so i will not be able to attend the ceremony, how i can reschedule it ? if possible ?

thanks

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,

i have 2 questions, if someone can help with an answer.

first, i received the letter for Citizenship Ceremony January 9, 2015 to go for the Oath February 12, so far the online status at CIC website still not updated, is it normal ?

second i'm traveling out of Calgary and coming back 14 February, so i will not be able to attend the ceremony, how i can reschedule it ? if possible ?

thanks

As long as you have the letter, you should be fine. You can always call CIC to reschedule your ceremony. But, if I'm to give an advice, I'll tell you to go for the ceremony. There are many cases of people on this forum who had a similar situation to yours. They rescheduled and got RQ.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
usually the online status does not change to show the oath ceremony date, so it is normal. for rescheduling oath you should have a valid reason otherwise there is a chance of RQ or there are a few cases where cic abandoned the file as the reason did not seem valid.