+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship By Descent, My 2-Year Journey Completed

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I just received my citizenship certificate in the mail today, and with it, my journey for Canadian citizenship by descent has come to its conclusion. Here is my completed eCAS timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on June 8, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 5, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a letter on October 3, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on August 7, 2019 to 'your address'. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to @rrajendra, @links18, @danny_princy, @steaky, @alphazip, @dpenabill, @foodie69, @movingnorth, @SusanB for replying to my first thread with their words of encouragement that helped me to start this journey.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I just received my citizenship certificate in the mail today, and with it, my journey for Canadian citizenship by descent has come to its conclusion. Here is my completed eCAS timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on June 8, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 5, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you a letter on October 3, 2017. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent your citizenship certificate on August 7, 2019 to 'your address'. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
My heartfelt thanks and gratitude to @rrajendra, @links18, @danny_princy, @steaky, @alphazip, @dpenabill, @foodie69, @movingnorth, @SusanB for replying to my first thread with their words of encouragement that helped me to start this journey.

Congratulations on becoming Canadian Citizen.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Omg. Im so happy for you. Congratulations, Hawk.

Im hoping to receive mine by 2020. Hopefully, no DNA request. It's expensive.