+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS PROCESSING FAST.....???

shanzay2

Feb 28, 2013
Hi,

i have heard that these days citizenship applications are processing fast and people are getting test dates within 3 months,

and oaths after 2-3 days of the test .Is this true?Has somebody else come across the same situation.please let me know.

I am planning to submit my applications next week.

I will appriciate your replies. :)

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
shanzay2 said:
i have heard that these days citizenship applications are processing fast and people are getting test dates within 3 months
Yes that is correct for Australia.

office

Jan 14, 2013
shanzay2 said:
Hi,

i have heard that these days citizenship applications are processing fast and people are getting test dates within 3 months,

and oaths after 2-3 days of the test .Is this true?Has somebody else come across the same situation.please let me know.

I am planning to submit my applications next week.

I will appriciate your replies. :)
yes true i got my test in 7 months ( mississauga ) my test is on 25th Apr

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
office said:
yes true i got my test in 7 months ( mississauga ) my test is on 25th Apr
Wow!!!! Great news!
Quite encouraging ,would you like disclosing some details about your case/application such as did you submit any additional docs with your application?

Thanks.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ newcomer. Early test date does not mean early oath. My test was within 6.5 months. It has been almost a year and a half since...but who knows you may be one of the lucky ones so I can only say good luck but do not build unrealistic expectations

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
based on what I read in this forum plus my personal experience ... mississauga is very efficient.... So things can happen fast....

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
cadvis said:
based on what I read in this forum plus my personal experience ... mississauga is very efficient.... So things can happen fast....
hi, is there any way to find out which office will process my case?
thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
one more question. do they ask for interview before or after the test?
thank you.

shanzay2

Feb 28, 2013
@ suin

yes,my settlement counsellor told me that CIC ask you questions/interview before test to ask about residence ,work ,children education,how many times you leave canada etc to recheck the details you submit in the application so if you say any thing else what you have already written in the application then you will get in trouble otherwise its just simple.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The interview is just before you write the test (on the same day) but it is not really an interview per say. The officer will just check your file for completeness. The officer may ask a couple of questions but there is no conversation time ( it may be as short as 8 minutes). He/she may check stamps against what you've declared as absences and if there are non english stamps he/she will likely ask you for translation so take your transalation with you. Ask him questions e.g. whether there any thing not clear in your file that you can explain etc.

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Interview is before the test, and the office that will process is close to where you are living.

It is very true that the Mississauga is very efficient ,if you pass the test you get to know the results same day and get the oath letter same day as well if pass.Hope this help............. :D :D :D

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Halloum said:
@ newcomer. Early test date does not mean early oath. My test was within 6.5 months. It has been almost a year and a half sense ...but who knows you may be one of the lucky ones so I can only say good luck but do not build unrealistic expectations
Hi Halloum,

Thank you for sharing your application details.But would you mind disclosing why it took so long for you ,as usually for routine applications people get an oath letter, within 2-3 months of taking the test ?

Did you get an RQ ?Besides that,are you a Mississauga applicant?

Regards

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
cmandy said:
Interview is before the test, and the office that will process is close to where you are living.

It is very true that the Mississauga is very efficient ,if you pass the test you get to know the results same day and get the oath letter same day as well if pass.Hope this help............. :D :D :D
@cmandy ,any ideas about Calgary ??? :)

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcomer said:
Wow!!!! Great news!
Quite encouraging ,would you like disclosing some details about your case/application such as did you submit any additional docs with your application?

Thanks.

I would recommend you submit: a coloured copy of your passport(s) (all pages)+ translation of non english stamps+ your T4s + your tax returns+ a mapping of the stamps on passport(s) to the declared absences so it is easy to review. Good luck. If you have time also add CBSA report and health records.

have you renewed your passport since you landed?