+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications for Seniors over 65.

ahmedraza01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!
can someone please guide that i am applying citizenship for my father he is 68 now, i believe he doesn’t need to provide a language proficiency and a citizenship test , is it true??
secondly, does he required for an interview then ?? and how long they are taking to for oath for senior’s applications since there is no test also, will it be a faster processing
Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Language proof and citizenship test : true, not needed.
Interview : may or may not happen. Depends on the application. Don't worry about it, it's a very mundane conversation. If your dad doesn't speak French or English, you can assist him during the interview.
Also, the test itself doesn't really make an application longer, the processing time won't change much if your father doesn't need it... But many applications these days are finalized in a few months, so, may happen if your dad's lucky!

ahmedraza01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Language proof and citizenship test : true, not needed.
Interview : may or may not happen. Depends on the application. Don't worry about it, it's a very mundane conversation. If your dad doesn't speak French or English, you can assist him during the interview.
Also, the test itself doesn't really make an application longer, the processing time won't change much if your father doesn't need it... But many applications these days are finalized in a few months, so, may happen if your dad's lucky!
I got it, I really appreciate your help, Thank you so much

jam_jam

May 10, 2013
Hello thr,
Can you please keep us posted with timelines. I have to apply for my parents. So will get an idea how long it takes.
As there are few senior applicants hard to get more info.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello thr,
Can you please keep us posted with timelines. I have to apply for my parents. So will get an idea how long it takes.
As there are few senior applicants hard to get more info.
You can't really build expectations out of someone else's timeline, but, for what it's worth, the parents of a friend of mine applied for citizenship in Montreal mid July and got it mid October. Basically your best case scenario...

Alan555

Dec 15, 2023
adult applications regardless of age and requirements will generally take similar durations, say 3 to 5 months, dependent on office dealing with the application. Just ensure all information is provided and that they meet all prerequisites (eg length in country, taxes, etc).