+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Many Thanks @gopr Just wanted to get an idea in regards to how long the ceremony takes. Congrats on Being Canadian. I am sure it was a priceless moment. I am assuming your ecas will change tomorrow to be complete?
Thank you, it was set to "Complete" already :).

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends. Can you please tell me based on the the current timeline how much time it takes from DM to oath email or letter being sent? I am from Edmonton. Thx

My timeline is as below:
App received: 19 Oct 2017
AOR Nov 21 2017
IP: Dec 6 2017
Test Invite: Feb 20
Test: Mar 5 (20/20)
DM: Today April 4th
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
Did anyone from London Ontario receive oath letter yet? I gave the test a month ago, but no letter. I tried to call CIC but they were so busy they didnt' route to agent.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted my fingerprints on April 3 and today the agent confirmed that they have received the fingerprint report from RCMP and is on file. The agent told me too that the background check is divided into two and that the security check is complete while they are working on the criminality check which will be complete once the fingerprint results are reviewed. I guess this is good news.

amit87

Feb 5, 2014
Submitted my fingerprints on April 3 and today the agent confirmed that they have received the fingerprint report from RCMP and is on file. The agent told me too that the background check is divided into two and that the security check is complete while they are working on the criminality check which will be complete once the fingerprint results are reviewed. I guess this is good news.
Hey! What did you tell the agent in order to find out they recieved your FP.
When I called the agent was reluctant to confirm whether FP recieved or not

mar1983

Mar 28, 2018
Some hope for Torontonians... Took a while!

Name: mar1983
App Sent: Oct 11 – 17
App. Del: Oct 13 – 17
AOR: Oct 31 – 17
In Process: Nov 28 – 17
Test invite date: Mar 23 – 18 (regular mail)
Test date: Apr 12 - 18
Test passed 17/20
Now just waiting for DM and oath

prasla

Jun 23, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. This is me and my wife time line

App sent : Oct 13 , 2017
App Received : Oct 19, 2017
AOR : Dec 07, 2017
IP : Dec 29, 2017
Test Invite : NOT YET

My local office is Mississauga

I am worried now , it’s taking so long.
Any one with same sort of timeline and waiting for test invite. What should I do ??
Any suggestions please ??

Thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. This is me and my wife time line

App sent : Oct 13 , 2017
App Received : Oct 19, 2017
AOR : Dec 07, 2017
IP : Dec 29, 2017
Test Invite : NOT YET

My local office is Mississauga

I am worried now , it’s taking so long.
Any one with same sort of timeline and waiting for test invite. What should I do ??
Any suggestions please ??

Thanks.
Added to the sheet. Your background checks must still be ongoing. Once they're complete, you will be invited for the test.

Until 12 months from the date your application was received at CPC-Sydney have passed, there is nothing anyone can do. Just have to wait. There are several others with a similar timeline to yours who are also waiting. Please refer to the sheet (link in my signature).

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completed my test yesterday and saw "Decision Made" today on ecas. Please update. Now is the Scarborough waiting game.
Depends on how nice the agent is. I asked him if my fingerprints has been received by CIC and if there is test scheduled. He confirmed the fingerprint report is in the file. Try to call again and probably you will talk to a nicer agent willing to give the info you seek.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Test passed yesterday (19/20) in Montreal.

They have told me between 3 and 5 months for the oath, which would be all right if that were to be the case. Nothing I can do now, just wait.

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
I asked my MP to contact IRCC to request to process my case urgently. The IRCC agent told my MP that the case is not urgent to her.

The MP gave me some updates on my file:
The last update on my case was on March 27th which says I am eligible but the agent of my case has not reviewed my file yet to make the final decision.

I passed the test on March 10th and my ecas still shows IP.

Based on all this information can anyone please tell me what does it mean I am eligible and why it takes so long make a decision on my case?

My mom is not doing so well and I need to go back home and stay with her and I'm just so worried about this citizenship.

I appreciate your help on this.

Reactions: Pcanadian

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I asked my MP to contact IRCC to request to process my case urgently. The IRCC agent told my MP that the case is not urgent to her.

The MP gave me some updates on my file:
The last update on my case was on March 27th which says I am eligible but the agent of my case has not reviewed my file yet to make the final decision.

I passed the test on March 10th and my ecas still shows IP.

Based on all this information can anyone please tell me what does it mean I am eligible and why it takes so long make a decision on my case?

My mom is not doing so well and I need to go back home and stay with her and I'm just so worried about this citizenship.

I appreciate your help on this.
I think that means that you have passed all the background checks and waiting for the officer to make the decision.
I'm not sure though, Experts opinion please.

Reactions: Alyssagreen