+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Please update my app status to :

Oath Letter
: Mar 29
Oath : April 12

Thanks!!

App sent : Oct 12
App Received : Oct 16
AOR : Nov 9
IP : Nov 23
Test Invite : Jan 08
Test Date : Jan 31 (result : 19/20)
DM : Feb 02
Oath Letter: Mar 29
Oath : April 12
Updated. Congrats!!

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum. This is my time line

App sent : Oct 14, 2017
App Received : Oct 17, 2017
AOR : Dec 21, 2017
IP : Jan 25, 2018
Test Invite : March 08, 2018
Test Date : March 22, 2018 (result : 19/20)
DM : March 29, 2018
Oath Letter: Waiting
Oath : Waiting

My local office is Edmonton.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum. This is my time line

App sent : Oct 14, 2017
App Received : Oct 17, 2017
AOR : Dec 21, 2017
IP : Jan 25, 2018
Test Invite : March 08, 2018
Test Date : March 22, 2018 (result : 19/20)
DM : March 29, 2018
Oath Letter: Waiting
Oath : Waiting

My local office is Edmonton.
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,
After passing citizenship test, does your status change to DM first and then you get oath invitation? Or you can get oath invitation and then your status change to DM?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you! For this person juliejoven he/she got oath invitation first and then DM on the next day.
Ecas updates happen overnight while emails can be sent at any time, so it's not unheard of for people to receive an email and the ecas update only becomes visible the next day.

It is rare for that to happen with DM+oath (usually when it happens it's for the test invitation), as those are separate steps in the process, often with a noticeable delay between the two steps. I guess their application was approved and a slot was available at a citizenship ceremony, so they got the invite immediately.

Reactions: Alyssagreen

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018
Are there any candidates within the Oct 16-20 application date who have received oath invite? i am just curious to know so i can estimate how long i have to wait. i got decision made this week and wrote exams last week.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Glad to hear you received your AOR.
After a long time passed through your id Goku.

If you remember that we applied almost same time in the same batch of FSWP 2014.

Surprisingly enough that my background checks are still going on for my Permanent Residence application and I still didn't get Permanent Residence Visa despite of passing Interview in London and after doing re-medical and still waiting for past one year and second medical is also going to expire in coming month by still waiting for Passport Request. , and Goku congratulations to you that you have submitted your Citizenship Application.

This is how justified is Canadian Immigration System.

juliejoven

Sep 10, 2013
Thank you! For this person juliejoven he/she got oath invitation first and then DM on the next day.
This is juliejoven. It is a little different for me since I had put in an urgent request for processing on March 26th. I had a job offer from the Gov that was contingent on my being a Canadian citizen and which they agreed to hold till April 9. I passed my test on Feb 9 and had been waiting for the oath letter. My MP's constituency manager put in a request on March 26th for urgent processing. We were given a call by IRCC on March 27th and told that the application has been approved and that we can get slots for oath ceremony on April 6th. We got a call first, then emails of the oath invitation letters the same day. The physical letters were posted after. Our ecas status changed to DM the next day.

Last edited:

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
This is juliejoven. It is a little different for me since I had put in an urgent request for processing on March 26th. I had a job offer from the Gov that was contingent on my being a Canadian citizen and which they agreed to hold till April 9. I passed my test on Feb 9 and had been waiting for the oath letter. My MP's constituency manager put in a request on March 26th for urgent processing. We were given a call by IRCC on March 27th and told that the application has been approved and that we can get slots for oath ceremony on April 6th. We got a call first, then emails of the oath invitation letters the same day. The physical letters were posted after. Our ecas status changed to DM the next day.
Thank you so much for the information you shared and congradulations on your new job and oath ceremony.

Last edited:

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
What are the reasonable reasons for the delay to change the status to DM after passing test? I passed the test on March 10th but my ecas still showing in process. I'm getting to get a little worried on what would be the circumstances.

p.s. At the interview I was asked to submit the translation of my passports which I did on march 14th and they received on March 16th. However, a friend of mine who wrote his exam and passed on March 10th (same office) is still waiting and his status did not change to DM yet! The officer did not ask him to submit any docs.

Appreciate if you share your experience/knowledge on this.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
What are the reasonable reasons for the delay to change the status to DM after passing test? I passed the test on March 10th but my ecas still showing in process. I'm getting to get a little worried on what would be the circumstances.

p.s. At the interview I was asked to submit the translation of my passports which I did on march 14th and they received on March 16th. However, a friend of mine who wrote his exam and passed on March 10th (same office) is still waiting and his status did not change to DM yet! The officer did not ask him to submit any docs.

Appreciate if you share your experience/knowledge on this.
The most probably reason is that the security clearance process has not completed yet. The timing for that is unpredictable. Some people on the forum were recently told, at their interview, that the clearance process has slowed down in the aftermath of the C6 changes.

It is not something to worry about (except if you've been planning to overthrow the government or so). Many people are in the same situation. It's just going to take time.

Reactions: Alyssagreen

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
The most probably reason is that the security clearance process has not completed yet. The timing for that is unpredictable. Some people on the forum were recently told, at their interview, that the clearance process has slowed down in the aftermath of the C6 changes.

It is not something to worry about (except if you've been planning to overthrow the government or so). Many people are in the same situation. It's just going to take time.
Much appreciated!
Hope this clearance process does not take too long.