+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

OakvilleON123

Jun 6, 2017
Test date: March 12,2018
Got 20/20
Decision Made: March 13,2018

Officer indicated that the oath ceremony would be in 4-6 weeks, so I guess it would be in April.

Please update :)

OakvilleON123

Jun 6, 2017
Quick question for you. Can you please post the link for the spreadsheet, sorry I can't seem to find it :)

Also is there a line number or my username where I can track my application on the spreadsheet? Trying to see other Oakville applicants and their processing for oath ceremony invitation.

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
May I ask someone to please update my info:
Test invite: 1 March 18
Test Date: 14 March 18

Thank you

marcolee

Star Member
Jun 5, 2013
please update my info:

ecas update "We sent you a notice on March 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 26, 2018"

Thank you

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
Hi guys,

Today I got a mail from CPC Sydney Office.
apparently, they sent me my app back saying that " your photographs have not been stamped and dated by the photographer"
its not good feeling to get this especially after tons of calls and 5 months waiting since the delivered day on 16th of October/2017, I get my app back.

now guys please help me to understand what is writing in the later:

"If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:

- The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later as indicated on the lower left corner of the form,

Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
- All the required documents based on the Document checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship(CIT-0002), and
-the proof of payment

my question is: what they mean by this ???

and do I need to resubmit a new app, or should I just resend them the old app with new photos???

Cheers,

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,

Today I got a mail from CPC Sydney Office.
apparently, they sent me my app back saying that " your photographs have not been stamped and dated by the photographer"
its not good feeling to get this especially after tons of calls and 5 months waiting since the delivered day on 16th of October/2017, I get my app back.

now guys please help me to understand what is writing in the later:

"If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include:

- The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later as indicated on the lower left corner of the form,

Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.
- All the required documents based on the Document checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship(CIT-0002), and
-the proof of payment

my question is: what they mean by this ???

and do I need to resubmit a new app, or should I just resend them the old app with new photos???

Cheers,
That seems to be them specifying that the application forms you use need to be the current ones (i.e. after the C6 changes were applied), not the older version. I assume you used those, as you seem to have sent in your application just after the change, so you can just send them the document(s) you already submitted, but with (probably new but certainly stamped and dated) photographs.

(According to what is on IRCC's website the bit about the forms does not actually apply to you, but if you used the post-C6 forms it doesn't matter anyway. See, for example, the blue box at the top of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html)

Reactions: SIMO1983

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
That seems to be them specifying that the application forms you use need to be the current ones (i.e. after the C6 changes were applied), not the older version. I assume you used those, as you seem to have sent in your application just after the change, so you can just send them the document(s) you already submitted, but with (probably new but certainly stamped and dated) photographs.

(According to what is on IRCC's website the bit about the forms does not actually apply to you, but if you used the post-C6 forms it doesn't matter anyway. See, for example, the blue box at the top of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html)
I sent them the latest form, the one issued on October 2017, but my question is should I sent them a new application with new copies of docs or should send them the same package which is the old app???

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I sent them the latest form, the one issued on October 2017, but my question is should I sent them a new application with new copies of docs or should send them the same package which is the old app???
As I said, you can just send them the document(s) you already submitted, but with (probably new but certainly stamped and dated) photographs.

From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit or to re-sign and redate an application every time an application is returned for incompleteness. If an application is signed and dated, not postdated or staledated, it is considered “locked-in” on the date that it is originally signed and dated. The filing date is used to maintain, for example, the original residence calculation. Therefore, the applicant(s) must provide the missing information and/or documentation and resubmit the same application.​

(underlining mine)

So you should just resubmit the same documents (i.e. the stuff you submitted originally) but add the stamped and dated photographs.
I would add a letter explaining that you are resubmitting your application and have corrected the issue with the photographs.

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
As I said, you can just send them the document(s) you already submitted, but with (probably new but certainly stamped and dated) photographs.

From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit or to re-sign and redate an application every time an application is returned for incompleteness. If an application is signed and dated, not postdated or staledated, it is considered “locked-in” on the date that it is originally signed and dated. The filing date is used to maintain, for example, the original residence calculation. Therefore, the applicant(s) must provide the missing information and/or documentation and resubmit the same application.​

(underlining mine)

So you should just resubmit the same documents (i.e. the stuff you submitted originally) but add the stamped and dated photographs.
I would add a letter explaining that you are resubmitting your application and have corrected the issue with the photographs.

Thanks a lot, one more question!

they made a small hole in all the docs that get returned include the application, they look like they were on a file or they did them in purpose !!! . is that mean something ? can I resend the docs back with these hols? or should I just make new copies?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks a lot, one more question!

they made a small hole in all the docs that get returned include the application, they look like they were on a file or they did them in purpose !!! . is that mean something ? can I resend the docs back with these hols? or should I just make new copies?
I have no clue. Maybe it's to distinguish reviewed documents from unreviewed documents. Maybe it's to be able to tie a set of pages together, so nothing gets lost. Maybe it's proof of an infestation of a paper-eating bug that makes very neat holes (this one seems unlikely, I'll be honest).

I would send the originals, considering the wording in the bit of policy I quoted above.

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
There seems to be a few dates which are were not properly entered on the spreadsheet [October at least].
They reflect a -ve number of days in the process so distort the overall count.

I would appreciate if someone can fix that.
I would also like to grab this opportunity to thank the people who are doing all this effort.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
There seems to be a few dates which are were not properly entered on the spreadsheet [October at least].
They reflect a -ve number of days in the process so distort the overall count.

I would appreciate if someone can fix that.
I would also like to grab this opportunity to thank the people who are doing all this effort.
:) just in a glace - Most of the negative numbers are in Oath invite to Oath.

some of the negative entries come from the fact - "test and oath" are held the same day for some applicants. If you review the notes section you will get a better idea.