+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Application Type: single
Application Sent: Oct. 13, 2017
Application Delivered: Oct. 16, 2017

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(
You have done your best. The same happened to me and two weeks after CIC promised to respond, they did respond with AOR finally after 4 months and 15 days on Feb 26, 2018 and just yesterday my application went into process. Yours will come soon and you will be worrying about when it will go into process.;)

Reactions: SIMO1983

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
hi my test and interview was yesterday. it’s coder007 in london ontario. i passed the test. my ecas online has been changed to “decision made” this morning instead of “in process.”

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
Hi all,
I had my test today. Passed 19/20. Something weird happened for my interview tho. I had to wait veryyyy long. I was almost the last person although I handed my test in the first 10min of the exam. The officer instead of asking to see me in the office, came out and asked for my passports and went to another room for validation! After 20 min then asked me to join him in his office. Didn't ask me any questions just checked my ID and asked me to send the translation of my passport directly to him. He said everything looks good and he just want the translation in case somebody audit his job in future.

Any idea on what is validation of passports and why the officer wants to do that?

Last edited:

desouzas

Feb 12, 2015
No, ecas won't update to confirm receipt of fingerprints. You would need to call IRCC and ask.
I did, a week and a half after I submitted them and they said they hadn’t received them. They said it usually takes two weeks and that i could call back to check if they’ve received them but it’s not necessary. It’s been about three weeks now!

Another question, does the test invite update on ecas first or do you get an email instead and then an update on ecas?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I did, a week and a half after I submitted them and they said they hadn’t received them. They said it usually takes two weeks and that i could call back to check if they’ve received them but it’s not necessary. It’s been about three weeks now!

Another question, does the test invite update on ecas first or do you get an email instead and then an update on ecas?
Depends. Some people get the email first, some get the update first.
Also note that not all offices use email, in which case you'd get a letter instead of an email (and because mail is slower it means you'll almost always see the ecas update first).

Reactions: desouzas

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Finally - In Process after 4 months!!
- Delivered: Oct 17
- Received AOR Nov 10
- In Process Mar 9
congradulations, i have added you to our tracker. Can you provide the following details
location?
App type: single or family
Physical presence
when the app was sent?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I did the test today. Got 20/20.

The lady who was interviewing said that for the period before I became PR, the entry and exit stamps on my passport are too many for her to count. Strangely she kept saying there are too many stamps and I am not sure you would have enough days to qualify for the citizenship requirement. I suggested she may want to contact the border control and get all the details. She would do that now. So I came out of the interview not knowing what the status would be. Strange experience.

Another thing she asked was for health card. I didn't have it on me as it wasn't in the document checklist. She objected to that as well!

Fingers crossed!! some experience it was!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I did the test today. Got 20/20.

The lady who was interviewing said that for the period before I became PR, the entry and exit stamps on my passport are too many for her to count. Strangely she kept saying there are too many stamps and I am not sure you would have enough days to qualify for the citizenship requirement. I suggested she may want to contact the border control and get all the details. She would do that now. So I came out of the interview not knowing what the status would be. Strange experience.

Another thing she asked was for health card. I didn't have it on me as it wasn't in the document checklist. She objected to that as well!

Fingers crossed!! some experience it was!
Yeah, very unnerving. How many buffer days do you have? How many trips?
Some of these agents are rookies. They can be overwhelmed by the job, nervous of getting evaluated and scrutinized vis-a-vis job security.

Reactions: Toronto2013