+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
I attended a citizenship ceremony, they announced it there! :)

I think this is because it takes time for IRCC to update database which passport Canada can access.
makes sense ya; thank you! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Since I received my test invitation, I was sitting with this question why the test is on 7:45am on Saturday! Maybe they made a mistake?!!! Today, I checked my Ecas and this line was added:
*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
So, I'm kind of relieved. It is normal to write your test on Saturday but 745 is too early!!!
these people are early birds; hubbie had his at 8:15; don't party late and take coffee with you ;)

Reactions: Alyssagreen

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Ok right but it laso says information can be requeated under privacy act. I might be wrong
They explicitly say they will release nothing about the status of a security screening (which is what you asked about).

Obviously you can make a request under the privacy act for (some of) the data they hold on you (they will not release everything, because they are allowed to protect their processes and sources), but that will not offer you any insight into the progress they've made for your security screening.

aasiff110

Feb 10, 2018
Hello,
Any idea what could be the reason of late. Its bean more than a month now i sent mt FP, i called IRCC, the siad they received my FP on 13 feb. After that no update.
Please comment

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
Any idea what could be the reason of late. Its bean more than a month now i sent mt FP, i called IRCC, the siad they received my FP on 13 feb. After that no update.
Please comment
I would guess your security check performed by CSIS is taking longer. RCMP is pretty quick with the criminality checks.

SIMO1983

Feb 27, 2018
Hey Guys,

Application Type: single
Application Sent: Oct. 13, 2017
Application Delivered: Oct. 16, 2017

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hey Guys,

Application Type: single
Application Sent: Oct. 13, 2017
Application Delivered: Oct. 16, 2017

As you guys know that I haven't received any AOR or any mail from the Immigration since I sent my app on the 16th of October. and I contacted the call center, and they contacted the Sydney office on Feb12, and they got a response on FEB 15 saying that they have the application but due to the high volume of apps they will contact me.
then I waited about two weeks and I contacted my MP last Monday Today his office called me saying that the Immigration responded to their email. they said that they already responded to the call center on the FEB 15 regarding my app that they received my app on October 16/2017 and they will contact me.

what should I do? now it is almost 5 months and I think all the October's apps got their AOR except me :(
As long as they confirmed that they have it, then that's good news. Concerning the AOR, well, it's a matter of time, patience, and keeping your thoughts occupied with something else.

Classically Mild

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
I passed my citizenship test today in the backdrop of a potent Nor'easter. I was told that they need a minimum of 50 prospective Canadians before scheduling an oath ceremony. Hence I may have to wait for a month or two before my oath. The oath invite will be electronic. Best of luck to all. Hopefully this Canada Day we will all be proud Canadians.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application went into process on March 7. Please update. Thanks.