+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Hi

I received an update that I was sent notice for the citizenship test. I didn't receive any email yet with details. Will it come by mail or email?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2018 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Any advice on how to prepare for the test would be helpful. Thank you :)
There still sometimes for letter to came, I will suggest to wait till ending of next week if you don't received it by then. You should call them

Tdotmem

Feb 7, 2018
Ok. So it will be a letter then. I have been checking my email. Thanks for the reply.
Do you know which office your application is being processed at?
I live in Toronto and my application is at Scarborough.. my ECAS showed me Jan 12 was the date that they sent me the correspondence but I received an email on Jan 16.
so it depends on where you live and also the office

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Do you know which office your application is being processed at?
I live in Toronto and my application is at Scarborough.. my ECAS showed me Jan 12 was the date that they sent me the correspondence but I received an email on Jan 16.
so it depends on where you live and also the office
I live in Toronto as well. I just spoke with the CIC agent. She informed me that my test will be at Mississauga.

Thanks for letting me know your timelines. I will wait for my email.

Tdotmem

Feb 7, 2018
I live in Toronto as well. I just spoke with the CIC agent. She informed me that my test will be at Mississauga.

Thanks for letting me know your timelines. I will wait for my email.
Okay, great! Good luck with the exam, you are lucky to have your office as Mississauga as what everybody noticed is that they do the Oath Ceremonies quickly than any other office in Canada

Alyssagreen

Dec 17, 2017
Information needed...
What is the format of the test? Is it in multiple choice format?
Can we take our phone and bag to the centre where we write the test?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Congrats!!!
I passed the test on the 14th Feb. (Montreal) but nothing changed since :-( still IP
no worries same for my hubbie :) did the test on the 16th (Montreal), still IP; was the interview straightforward? for us it looks it was, the officer said the oath invitation will come in a few months

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
no worries same for my hubbie :) did the test on the 16th (Montreal), still IP; was the interview straightforward? for us it looks it was, the officer said the oath invitation will come in a few months
Same here.. everything pretty much straightforward. (Been in Canada phisically for 11years..4as PR). I wasn’t asked any question whatsoever other the ID Check.
Took literally 7minutes.
I was however told that “I should expect the 1year average» :-(
Not too sure why that textbook answer but.. oh well.. they know better I guess.
I just wish they considered that many of us here were very few months shy to apply under old rule.
Good luck guys.

Reactions: missmini

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hello everyone,

Anyone knows RCMP comtact email to check if they have sent the fingerprints result to CIC.

Also what should write in the email other then full name and date of birth for them to identify my fingerprint file.

Thanks

Windspout

Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

Anyone knows RCMP comtact email to check if they have sent the fingerprints result to CIC.

Also what should write in the email other then full name and date of birth for them to identify my fingerprint file.

Thanks
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-obtain-certified-criminal-record-or-vulnerable-sector-vs-check#s6

Step 5: Verify the status of your application (optional)
Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector (VS) checks are completed in the order received. The RCMP cannot make any exceptions as it will negatively impact individuals currently awaiting results.

To enquire about the status of your application, it is important to wait until after the processing time has passed.

If your application has taken longer than the times indicated and you require an update on the status of your application, please email CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca providing only the following information:

• Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • The type of application you submitted – (Vulnerable Sector check or Criminal Record check)
  • The date your application was submitted to the RCMP
  • A phone number where you can be reached on weekdays
  • The document control number (DCN) if it is available
Our services are experiencing high levels of correspondence, but we will reply to all requests in the order they are received. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
multiple choice. 20 questions. 15 needed to pass.
I think so, you can take a backpack and keep it with you under the seat.
I'm using one of the online free test resource website to practice the exam and I notice there are some questions have wrong question. there was a question asking how many election areas in Canada. the correct answer should be 308 but the website said 338...
WOW UPDATE: THE BOOK IS ACTUALLY WRONG. THERE SHOULD 338 ELECTIONA AREAS IN CANADA!

Last edited: