+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

fara0173

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
I had my test done and passed (please update) but because i was abroad for over 183days the officer asked for a police background check from the country i was at. However, I wasn’t in one country the whole time, i was traveling, she told me to give her the dates of when i traveled and when i left ( because they don’t stamp your passport when you travel within the European countries ). Turned out that I’ve stayed in each country less than the amount of days and she didn’t say anything about it she just asked me to bring the original copy of my immigration sheet with me when i come to my oath ceremony beacuse I didn’t bring with me to the interview . Do you think i still will be asked for the police background check or not. Because if so it will take quite a time since i have no one in those countries.

l3ambo

Oct 27, 2017
Please update my info (#116):

Test invitation email received on 2018/01/19
Test and interview on 2018/02/14

I passed the test 20 out of 20 and officer told me I would receive the oath invitation in maximum 4 months.
Sorry for delay guys. I was too busy lately.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Please update my info (#116):

Test invitation email received on 2018/01/19
Test and interview on 2018/02/14

I passed the test 20 out of 20 and officer told me I would receive the oath invitation in maximum 4 months.
Sorry for delay guys. I was too busy lately.
Congrats! How's was the test, was it fairly easy?

l3ambo

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! How's was the test, was it fairly easy?
Thanks
The test was extremely easy. You have 30 minutes but I finished after 8 minutes. I feel like wasting my time memorize all those names and dates!
The interview was 4 minutes on average for each person. Just checking the originals and asking 3 or 4 routine questions like your job/home address/etc.
Good luck

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Thanks
The test was extremely easy. You have 30 minutes but I finished after 8 minutes. I feel like wasting my time memorize all those names and dates!
The interview was 4 minutes on average for each person. Just checking the originals and asking 3 or 4 routine questions like your job/home address/etc.
Good luck

Has officer asked about stamps transilation or so?

Reason i’m Asking this is my stamps/visas transilation will cost 500-600$ and i’m Bit confused paying this money or not ???

I know citizenship is everything but money, but i’m Thinking to pay this money as insuarance to clear my head!!!

l3ambo

Oct 27, 2017
Has officer asked about stamps transilation or so?

Reason i’m Asking this is my stamps/visas transilation will cost 500-600$ and i’m Bit confused paying this money or not ???

I know citizenship is everything but money, but i’m Thinking to pay this money as insuarance to clear my head!!!
I had heard about the translation before my interview but I didn't do the official translation because I didn't want to pay for that.My current passport had no stamp but the expired one had a lot!
So I translated every stamp on my passport myself, print it and took it with me to interview session. But the officer didn't ask for it at all. She just looked at both my passports and gaved them back to me.

Reactions: Hey

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
I had heard about the translation before my interview but I didn't do the official translation because I didn't want to pay for that.My current passport had no stamp but the expired one had a lot!
So I translated every stamp on my passport myself, print it and took it with me to interview session. But the officer didn't ask for it at all. She just looked at both my passports and gaved them back to me.

That’s exactly my case, my old one has many stamps and visas in other langauage other than ENG/FRN
But it is really costly for certified transilation

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017

So I guess it kind of luck, but you have good point here, I’m thinking if I transilated myself and take the paper just in case

And in case he/she asked for transilation, anyway I think application will not be delayed that much based on peopl’s Comments

l3ambo

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess it kind of luck, but you have good point here, I’m thinking if I transilated myself and take the paper just in case

And in case he/she asked for transilation, anyway I think application will not be delayed that much based on peopl’s Comments
I think that's the best solution. Furthermore, we live in Canada and here we assume that everyone is honest unless otherwise proved. So I think there is no reason that a officer does not trust your translation for a such simple issue like some date or a few routine words.
And in the worst case, you will face some short delays. I think for someone who is not in hurry it's quiet logical to do this.

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
I also had a week vacation in Cuba and the officer did not asked for the stamp translation. He told me that I can stay there max 10 days and I have 4 months buffer so he did not need to see it. However, just have it translate just in case

Andrewschild

Feb 19, 2018
Hi all,

New in the Forum! Here are my dates:

Please add and update me to the October 2017 list.
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days:1614
App sent : Oct 17
App Received : Oct 19
AOR : Dec 2
IP : Jan 12
Test Invite : Feb 14
Test Date : Feb 22
DM : -

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

New in the Forum! Here are my dates:

Please add and update me to the October 2017 list.
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days:1614
App sent : Oct 17
App Received : Oct 19
AOR : Dec 2
IP : Jan 12
Test Invite : Feb 14
Test Date : Feb 22
DM : -
Added you to the October sheet of global spreadsheet.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Completed FP request. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to Decision Made now.