+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Can anyone say is it the right regular mailing address for applying citizenship?

Case Processing Centre-Sydney
GRANTS Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 6V6
The address is in the instruction guide. How can it be wrong ?

Regular mail goes to the PO box. Courier goes to the Dorchester St. address. Canada Post Xpresspost can be sent to either one.

Step 6 – Submit your application
Submit your complete application to:

Regular Mail
GRANTS Adults
P.O. Box 7000
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 6V6

Courier Address
GRANTS Adults
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well, I asked IRCC the same question a while back. See their response in the screenshot below.
https://imgur.com/a/Nw4Q7

As for why certain applications are delayed has been addressed before. Of course, it's just a theory but it fits. Long story short, the delayed applications landed on the desk of either a slow officer, or an officer who could've taken time off and is now trying to catch up, or a combination of the two. It is safe to assume that every officer works at a different pace, right ? Some faster than others. These fast officers are the ones that have moved on to November applications, while others are trying to clear the backlog. This is what I believe is happening.

Do keep in mind that this is holiday season. IRCC is already and probably will be short staffed till next week, or maybe even first week of January.
Dear Alex,
If, as you deem, that some officers are slower, so why we find many applications received on the same day of ours processed faster and they got AOR in Nov.
Also, they do not hire dump people to slack on checking information, otherwise they will remain for good checking applicants' information.
Another question: what they will check? it is just your home addresses and other information. With a hit of a button, he will get all your information. And if everything is Ok, when it takes him long time to send you AOR, or if it incomplete, why no information is provided or can be found on your application, nor a notice to be left by that officer to tell what is missing or what is wrong with your application, so you can fix it and send it again?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
There is nothing called double processing, if the application is received and checked it is entered in the system so there is no duplicate the 2nd application will be thrown away or destroyed as it contains confidential information , what you are saying doesn't make sense
However, according to CIC operating manuals, having 2 concurrent applications will create delays for the processing agent... consequently the applicant. Those who couldn't wait for AOR and sent another app may have to wait even longer. That doesn't make sense! That famous crazy thread which encouraged people to send 2nd apps has suddenly gone quiet. Go figure!

Srini17

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
20 March 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 29 March 2017 / AOR 2 - 08 May 2017
i had contacted CIC agent via phone yesterday.. they simply told they are processing nov 9th.. as yours is oct 26th mostly might have been returned.. wait couple days n call back if you did not recieved back..
I am pretty sure mine wont be returned..also if they returned i would have in my hands by now...
Looks like even CIC ppl no ise in calling.. as manyin Oct still getting Aor...
Personally i dont want to post one more application as they still many before me waiting for AOR...

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
However, according to CIC operating manuals, having 2 concurrent applications will create delays for the processing agent... consequently the applicant. Those who couldn't wait for AOR and sent another app may have to wait even longer. That doesn't make sense! That famous crazy thread which encouraged people to send 2nd apps has suddenly gone quiet. Go figure!
My question which i asked tens times now and i'm getting no answer , what do you suggest ? how long should we wait before start acting 2 months, 3 months, 6 months or what ? and when we start acting what do you suggest us to do ?
i would appreciate you reply if you have one

and if you are referring to the CIC operating manuals i don't think they are even following ,.... are they ?

Hanin123

Dec 3, 2017
I don't think why some people think it,s problem to reaply? It's not because as I said in this forum I applied twice and I got AOR with my second apps if you apply 1 2 3 time it will increase your chances of getting AOR faster. If you don't reaply abd waite it's up to you.

My first application sent was
Oct 11th 2017
Delevered Oct 16th
No AOR.

Reaplied Dec 15th
Delevered Dec 19th
AOR Dec 21

I submitted my second apps proof of first apps paid reciept and canada post mail delevery reciept explained my first applications delevered 16th Oct.

Reactions: Goooo123

bonvoyage

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
My question which i asked tens times now and i'm getting no answer , what do you suggest ? how long should we wait before start acting 2 months, 3 months, 6 months or what ? and when we start acting what do you suggest us to do ?
i would appreciate you reply if you have one

and if you are referring to the CIC operating manuals i don't think they are even following ,.... are they ?
I received a generic reply for my CSE . Saying no information on their system, which means that they havent opened up my application.
I spoke to agent as well, he was addressing my questions with patience and suggested me not to reapply at this moment.

There could be delay in processing few files, but he confirmed that my file was not returned either.

Im not sure why people are talking about files being lost ? . Tracking information says it was delivered at the address mentioned.

Will wait for to pass this holiday season and give a call to cic, if by then i dont get an AOR or any information on my file from CIC, then will reapply

bonvoyage

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Here is the reply i got for reference folks :

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We understand your concern and we can certainly help clarify the process for you.

We have verified the information you have provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

• To find out the estimated processing times for applications submitted within Canada:
  • For applications submitted to an overseas visa office:
    • you will be able to access the status of your application through e-CAS once it has been entered into our system and you have received correspondence from the visa office.
    • for applications for permanent residence, this process can take 6 to 8 weeks.
  • If you sent your application by traceable means (express post, courier, registered mail):
o you may verify the reception date at the office by contacting the postal service provider.

Therefore, in order to assist you further, we invite you to resend your request in the near future using the IRCC Web form.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I don't think why some people think it,s problem to reaply? It's not because as I said in this forum I applied twice and I got AOR with my second apps if you apply 1 2 3 time it will increase your chances of getting AOR faster. If you don't reaply abd waite it's up to you.

Oct 11th 2017
Delevered Oct 16th
No AOR.

Reaplied Dec 15th
Delevered Dec 19th
AOR Dec 21

I submitted my second apps proof of first apps paid reciept and canada post mail delevery reciept explained my first applications delevered 16th Oct.
What makes you think that the AOR you got is for the second application ? Your second application is probably lying in a pile somewhere waiting to be opened. The AOR that you received was obviously for the first application that you sent in October. There was no point in sending the second application.

way4infinity

Jan 5, 2011
Canada, Ontario
Visa Office......
Windsor

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

Oct 11th 2017
Delevered Oct 16th
No AOR.

Reaplied Dec 15th
Delevered Dec 19th
AOR Dec 21

Received AOR December 3rd 2017 just now.
Applications sent 16th October.
App received 19th Oct I'm very happy I was plaNing to reaply tommorow. My question is do they work on weekends? Because the email I received is just now .
I'm just as confused. In the earlier post, you stated that you received AOR on Dec 3rd for the first application.

Reactions: Goku

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Personally, I'd be okay with IRCC adopting a policy that if someone submitted additional applications without being expressly told to, in writing from IRCC, that upon receiving a second application for a given UCI they discard whatever is currently in progress and start the process all over. It should be assumed that the new application may contain new/updated/corrected information and would supersede any previously submitted application.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Personally, I'd be okay with IRCC adopting a policy that if someone submitted additional applications without being expressly told to, in writing from IRCC, that upon receiving a second application for a given UCI they discard whatever is currently in progress and start the process all over. It should be assumed that the new application may contain new/updated/corrected information and would supersede any previously submitted application.
Having this kind of policy makes no sense. This would instead complicate things more for both IRCC and Applicants.