+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

Aawan

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2012
Doc's Request.
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
29-02-2012
IELTS Request
23-01-2012 Sent with Application
File Transfer...
29-02-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
09-01-2013, 3rd line added on 02-Feb-2013 with "Medical results have been received"
Passport Req..
PPR-1.........23-07-2013 & DM made on ECAS on 16-08-2013.....PPR-2 received on 29-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-September-2013
LANDED..........
06-November 2013
Got AOR today.
Please update my record.
Thanks

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Based on the pace at which October applicants in the general spreadsheet are receiving AORs, it is unlikely that the 4-6 weeks timeline is going to be maintained when processing the post 10/11 applications. At the moment we are at 26% of applications AOR'd. Considering that in previous months the median time to receive the AOR was around 36-38 days, it would mean that in the next 10 days the IRCC will have to process roughly another 25% of applications in order to maintain the pace. I don't see that happening.
My gut feeling is that the average time to receive the AOR will be 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: ecstrom

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Based on the pace at which October applicants in the general spreadsheet are receiving AORs, it is unlikely that the 4-6 weeks timeline is going to be maintained when processing the post 10/11 applications. At the moment we are at 26% of applications AOR'd. Considering that in previous months the median time to receive the AOR was around 36-38 days, it would mean that in the next 10 days the IRCC will have to process roughly another 25% of applications in order to maintain the pace. I don't see that happening.
My gut feeling is that the average time to receive the AOR will be 6-8 weeks.

Well, some people were saying that bill c6 would be implemented in January 2018 and processing would take 2-4 years... I'm sure they are now in shock to see people receiving AORs in less than 3 weeks.

l3ambo

Oct 27, 2017
Got my AOR today.I think I'm the first Quebecer here who received his AOR!
Please update my info.
Good luck folks.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
MarceauBletard also got his a few days ago but yeah seems like french applicants are not at the top of their list, sent mine on the 11th and still no sign of AOR

Reactions: l3ambo

Biborno

Apr 3, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631 (MI 2)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Just received AOR
Sent: 16 Oct
Received: 17 Oct
Update please

user88

Oct 26, 2017
Application in process.

• We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 26, 2017.
  • We started processing your application on November 14, 2017

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Please add me to October spreadsheet. Thanks

ID: sylviabenita
App. Type: Family of 3 (2 adults and 1 child)
Physical Presence Days: 1391
App Sent: Oct 12, 2017
App Received: Oct 16, 2017
AOR: NOT YET

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Got my AOR today.I think I'm the first Quebecer here who received his AOR!
Please update my info.
Good luck folks.
Did you fill your app in french ?

ericlin0122

Oct 31, 2013
Just got the email. I think im in?

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear
This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
(IRCC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When
your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or
ceremony, as applicable.

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship
eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they signed their application must meet
language and knowledge requirements:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the IRCC website at

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you are encouraged
to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the knowledge requirement and to assist
in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare for the test.

It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number).
Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2​

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the email. I think im in?

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear
This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
(IRCC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When
your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or
ceremony, as applicable.

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in
meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after
that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship
eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they signed their application must meet
language and knowledge requirements:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.
www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the IRCC website at

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you are encouraged
to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the knowledge requirement and to assist
in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare for the test.

It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number).
Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2​
Yes, congrats!