+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

itskier

Oct 16, 2017
hmmm there is webpage to display your address? I called CIC to correct my address because the data imput clerk miss something in my address. vut I confirmed but the agent told me all citizenship apps will communicate through email as long as you provide your email address....
I logged in on CIC website and it shows my old mailing address (from 3 yrs ago). I changed the address by doing it online, but it needs 5 business days to be completed. Then the next day my online status said they send me a study book. I was wondering where they would send it to. The new address or the old one.

I'm not going to worry too much as we can study online as well. :)

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I logged in on CIC website and it shows my old mailing address (from 3 yrs ago). I changed the address by doing it online, but it needs 5 business days to be completed. Then the next day my online status said they send me a study book. I was wondering where they would send it to. The new address or the old one.

I had the same thing , old mailing address from my PR application . I had changed it online but it has not yet reflected on ecas . Also , I have not received any email from CIC and I am thinking that they have my wrong email address as well , coz that was what had delayed my PR application back in 2012 . I am trying to call CIC with no luck so far , the automatic message just says :-
we are experiencing high call volume , please try later and the phone disconnects .

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
My app was received Oct 16 and still no AOR ... anyone in the same boat as me ?

Reactions: Vicky333

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014

ahhh I never log in myCIC account anymore because apparently I don't remember the password.... lol I'm worrying whether I could receive the iPhone X today lol UPS says departure now lol

itskier

Oct 16, 2017
I had the same thing , old mailing address from my PR application . I had changed it online but it has not yet reflected on ecas . Also , I have not received any email from CIC and I am thinking that they have my wrong email address as well , coz that was what had delayed my PR application back in 2012 . I am trying to call CIC with no luck so far , the automatic message just says :-
we are experiencing high call volume , please try later and the phone disconnects .
Ah! That sucks. Have you tried IRCC Web form instead of calling them? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Reactions: HS123

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I don't understand who do they work, my understanding they work on FIFO base but it seems it is not the case, some applications who get delivered after mine (the 16th) already have received a word from IRCC
Well based on my passed PR application experience, I think generally it is FIFO. CIC(IRCC) has data input clerks who scan and input app data into their system and enter the lock-in date (which is CIC receives the application date(delivery date)) as the secured date. Then the app will be assigned to different CIC officers. I think from this moment, the timing difference is coming. Some officers may work fast and some may be slow. If you are lucky got assigned by fast-pace officer, your application should be processed quickly, but it is also depending on whether you are required to do a second review. Hopefully the officers work based on the application lock-in date (which more make sense) but not the AOR generated date. So even if you receive the AOR late, as long as your lock-in date is early, you would still be processed first (I assume). do you agree?

Last edited: