+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I posted this in another thread and I am posting it here, hopefully, someone with precedented experience can help:
Question for those who can help:
Received AOR for the first app, which was received on Oct. 19th and had old form and unsigned photos but has the photo lab stamp, and I sent another app which was received on Oct. 23rd.
Should I wait till I receive the AOR for the second app or wait till receiving IP for the first one then submit a withdraw letter for the second app?
My concern, based on the CIC agent who told me that any app would be opened by an officer in the mailing room to see if it met the basic requirements, but it depends on his discretion of the second officer who will process either to accept the photos unsigned or refuse it and ask me to send a signed photos.
Signed means to have your name written on the back.
I did not sign back of the photo but had the studio stamp. Family of 3. Had each photos attached to individual application with paper clip. Received AOR and now In Process.

Reactions: Goooo123

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I did not sign back of the photo but had the studio stamp. Family of 3. Had each photos attached to individual application with paper clip. Received AOR and now In Process.
I know you did that. That's why I have little bet confidence that, God wills, everything will go on the right track.

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Hi everyone, my application was sent on October 17th, received on 23rd. I just checked my ECAS ( which is part of my daily routine) and it shows " We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017." It's a big relief... however I have not received an email yet. Any thoughts or similar cases ? Thank you !

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
She told me that it is not necessarily to be the same officer will process my app, but it could be a different one and in that case, it depends on his discretion regarding the signature back of the photos.
I meant your app goes through 2 steps:first if you met requirements if so you wont get it returned and second step when officer begins to process your app.

itskier

Oct 16, 2017
I believe you should be getting it via snail mail sometime next week then. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but ECAS does not display the exact location where the test is being held, correct ? I guess since you're in Calgary, there may be only one CPC unlike Toronto.
You are right. I got the snail mail today (sent out on Dec 21) to inform everything I need to provide , where and when for my test! ;) No email for Calgary location I guess.

sham0786

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
@Randy.Orton Toronto Single 1096 Oct 17, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@nrajani Niagara Falls Single 1465 Oct 18, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@phlove Winnipeg Single 1154 Oct 20, 2017
@sherry9oct Vancouver Family (3) 1197 Oct 16, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@saskind Edmonton Family (2) 1258 Oct 16, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@orchids8 Toronto Single 1583 Oct 17, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@sooperdice Toronto Single 1142 Oct 17, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@MarieNadia Toronto Single Oct 17, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@RanRan Toronto Single 1240 Oct 17, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@SnowMoose Montreal Single 1309 Oct 18, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@Margiela Kamloops Single 1460 Oct 14, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@wael Grand Prairie Single 1120 Oct 16, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@mehdinix Montreal Single 1500 Oct 18, 2017 Oct 20, 2017
@Umer malik Belleville Single 1295 Oct 16, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

DID ANY OF YOU RECEIVE THE AOR? I AM STILL WAITING FOR LAST 2 MONTHS.
I had applied on oct 13 no AOR yet

feb07

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-13
AOR Received.
18-3-13
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi,
Please add my information to the spreadsheet. Thank you so much!

App type: Single
delivered (Confirmed): Oct 19/2017
AOR: Nov.30/2017

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Oct applicants should wait for 12 weeks before acting otherwise.
IRCC received 17,500 applications within the few weeks of the new 3/5 rules
from Oct 11.This number excludes Nov.,applications.
Good luck to you all.

sham0786

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Oct applicants should wait for 12 weeks before acting otherwise.
IRCC received 17,500 applications within the few weeks of the new 3/5 rules
from Oct 11.This number excludes Nov.,applications.
Good luck to you all.
You mean 12 more weeks

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
I had applied on oct 13 no AOR yet
I called CIC today and an agent reagrding my application and she informed me that they are still working on both Sep/Oct 2017 Citizenship files. I told her many Nov 2017 applicants have started receiving AORs and she denied this fact 2/3 times even after I tried to convince her several times! She even told me that maybe those few people's situation was like 'winning a lottery'! What an asshole!

I am stunningly shocked and confused with such random irrational lies coming out from a government authorized agent!
She advised me that I should wait 4 weeks more and then call back again. Btw I applied for my application on 18th Oct and application was delivered on 20th Oct and no trace of AOR. I am utterly disappointed with such services..

sham0786

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I called CIC today and an agent reagrding my application and she informed me that they are still working on both Sep/Oct 2017 Citizenship files. I told her many Nov 2017 applicants have started receiving AORs and she denied this fact 2/3 times even after I tried to convince her several times! She even told me that maybe those few people's situation was like 'winning a lottery'! What an asshole!

I am stunningly shocked and confused with such random irrational lies coming out from a government authorized agent!
She advised me that I should wait 4 weeks more and then call back again. Btw I applied for my application on 18th Oct and application was delivered on 20th Oct and no trace of AOR. I am utterly disappointed with such services..
I honestly don’t trust them at all they don’t have any data about files until files are entered in to their system I am pretty sure our application files are not even yet opened may be that’s the reason they don’t have any details at all and it’s so sad IRCC claims FCFS policy what they are following all time but in reality they are violating these policies they just skip half the way from October applications left aside and jump to November Applications that’s gives us utterly pain am dipressed too

Reactions: salimnw

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Overall: Chill. There were many, many warnings that those who rushed to apply would have a higher risk for things-that-go-bump-in-the-dark, a higher risk of delays related to bureaucratic transition pains. The process has only just started. Many of those who lose patience now are really going to get stressed when things get more bumpy down the road.

For most applicants, even those who imprudently rushed to be among the 40,000 or so who applied in October, the process is likely to go smoothly, even for most of those whose AOR is slower to arrive than many others. For more than a few, for many actually, there is indeed an elevated risk of some problems, some delays, ranging from minor problems the applicant will never know about but which cause some delays, to potentially more serious problems, longer delays, even some difficult procedural hurdles.

Those who rushed to apply elected to take these risks. Blaming IRCC now is a bit like someone who has been a smoker for decades blaming the health care system for not being able to cure her lung cancer.

For applications submitted and no notice of AOR yet, there are just a few possibilities. These are not difficult to figure out. While the application getting lost is a possibility, that is a very remote possibility, so remote there is NO reason to suspect the application is lost let alone any reason to take action as if it is lost.

In particular, applications which have been submitted but there is NO AOR yet are likely in one of a number of potential queues, which can depend on a range of variables. The possible queues range from one for applications which the examining agent has a concern about to be reviewed by a supervising agent before it is deemed to have passed the completeness check, to a queue for applications already deemed to NOT have met the completeness check and is in queue to be returned to the applicant.

Bottom-line: once the application has been received, it will either be returned to the applicant as incomplete or it will EVENTUALLY get entered into the GCMS creating a citizenship application file, pursuant to which a notice of AOR will be generated and delivered. Some applications are more prone to some bumps or delays before the respective agent clears it as complete and initiates the GCMS file. No great mystery. Very, very, very few "lost" applications. Lots of applications piling up in queues given the huge number of impatient, imprudent PRs who rushed to apply almost immediately after the rule changes.

For now: We do not know what queue applications go into between receipt of the package at the dock and the application getting formally entered into the GCMS system, generating the AOR notice, except in very general terms. We know there are at least three steps, the physical opening of the package, the completeness screening, and copying (scanning) the entire application (including a copy of the packaging in addition to all contents). We do not know, for example, if the completeness screening is a single task done by one processing agent or if there are multiple steps involving multiple processing agents, such as one doing a mechanical check of the specific items included and another examining the content in the presence calculation to verify it shows (assuming it is correct) the presence requirement has been met; we do not know if there are criteria for distributing the incoming applications into different processing streams, such as one processing stream for single-applicants and another for family applications, such as different processing streams for applicants with pre-PR credit versus those without such credit, such as . . . there is a broad range of particular items in an application which could mean a different processing stream. And we do not to what extent processing agents can have questions and thus put applications into a queue for a superior agent to examine.

I honestly don’t trust them at all they don’t have any data about files until files are entered in to their system I am pretty sure our application files are not even yet opened may be that’s the reason they don’t have any details at all and it’s so sad IRCC claims FCFS policy what they are following all time but in reality they are violating these policies they just skip half the way from October applications left aside and jump to November Applications that’s gives us utterly pain am dipressed too
The precise methods for handling incoming applications is behind closed doors. There is no first-in, first-out policy or practice. Many appear to confuse first-in, first-opened for first-in, first-out. Not the same thing at all. As I observed, once a package has been opened there are many possible queues or processing streams it can be sorted into, each involving a different processing-time.

We now know that 30,000 applications were received within the first two weeks after the 3/5 rules took effect. While it is not likely that pace has continued (indeed, the in-flow for the second week was more than 25% less than the first week), it is likely the pace continues at historic levels. It is likely that overall IRCC received at least 40,000 applications in October. That is roughly comparable to the number of applications made over the course of EIGHT MONTHS following the last major change to the qualifications for citizenship (that is, October 2017 applications roughly approximate the number made from mid-June 2015 to mid-February 2016, following the implementation of the 4/6 rule).

This surge in applications was NO SURPRISE. Such a huge surge has some rather obvious implications.

BEFORE the changes took effect, this forum was rife with WARNINGS that those who rushed to apply as soon as the new 3/5 rule took effect were at higher risk for delays. Problems in the transition were overwhelmingly EASY to FORECAST.

In any event, again, we do not know what queue applications go into between receipt of the package at the dock and the application getting formally entered into the GCMS system, generating the AOR notice, except in very general terms. Efforts to guess why this or that particular application is slow to get AOR or RETURNED are speculative and not productive. The cake is in the oven. The only reasonable option is to wait for notice of the next step.

Really? You call a call centre agent who basically has a FAQ script for a huge, huge range of potential FAQ style questions, who is no where near the management circle for any particular type of application let alone citizenship applications, and who only has very general information about the processing of different kinds of applications, like "IRCC is still working on September and October applications" (which is obviously true since many forum participants are reporting no AOR yet, for applications made before and after October 11) and you ARGUE with the call centre agent about particular details.

In the meantime, there were scores and scores of other PRs and IRCC clients who were not getting through to the call centre at all, scores more on hold waiting for an agent to take their call, and they have real questions within the scope of what a call centre agent can answer.

Who is the [choose-an-epithet] in this scenario?

Again, BEFORE the changes took effect, this forum was rife with WARNINGS that those who rushed to apply as soon as the new 3/5 rule took effect were at higher risk for delays. Problems in the transition were overwhelmingly EASY to FORECAST.

In the meantime, there is no rush to get AOR. Many of those among the 40,000 or so who flooded IRCC with an application in October should readily recognize, yep, bureaucracies can struggle handling big changes, and add a huge flood of applications to the big changes, no rocket science necessary to see the trajectory here: DELAYS. Not everyone. But many. The risks were apparent.

Reactions: Rigly68 and v_volf