+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
my application was sent on Oct 16 and was received on Oct 19, so far no updates... feeling worried. Sent an email to CIC yesterday.. waiting on response

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
my application was sent on Oct 16 and was received on Oct 19, so far no updates... feeling worried. Sent an email to CIC yesterday.. waiting on response
Don't worry yourself... it will come. It is tough but just hang in there. If it weren't a complete app they would have returned it. Meaning it has been checked, confirmed to be complete, and it is probably sitting on the table of the person that will do the AOR updates. My thoughts!

Reactions: jaggy257

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Don't worry yourself... it will come. It is tough but just hang in there. If it weren't a complete app they would have returned it. Meaning it has been checked, confirmed to be complete, and it is probably sitting on the table of the person that will do the AOR updates. My thoughts!
Thank you :)

prodigy007

Nov 24, 2017
Hi All,
My application was sent October 13 and received on October 16, signed by RYAN LAURENDEAU.
I called CIC today and agent told me that they are processing October 19 applications and after taking my UCI she checked and told me that there nothing in the system. So your application might be lost and be prepared to resend if you will not receive anything by October 27 (6 weeks from delivery date).

Any thought?

So lolz :)

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
My application was sent October 13 and received on October 16, signed by RYAN LAURENDEAU.
I called CIC today and agent told me that they are processing October 19 applications and after taking my UCI she checked and told me that there nothing in the system. So your application might be lost and be prepared to resend if you will not receive anything by October 27 (6 weeks from delivery date).

Any thought?

I do not think application is lost. There are still quite a few people whose application not received AOR. Guessing the Guy who got your application to Process still has back log to clear his Que!

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update who have not received AOR whose application was received on Oct 16

called to CIC agent to get updates on my application
She was told me that my application has not been received in their system as of Now(Nov 24)
She said most probable incomplete application. Might have returned to me. Advised to wait Until Nov 30 When it hits 6 weeks since the delivery date.

My understanding after the call

In 3 steps someone can get AOR

Step 1) received application are given to agent for verification
if verification passed - goes to next step 2 OR returned to the Applicant for incompleteness

Steps 2) Application are scanned and put in the system and transferred to an Officer

Steps 3) Officer issues AOR depending how busy S/he is

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Just an update who have not received AOR whose application was received on Oct 16

She was told me that my application has not been received in their system as of Now(Nov 24)
She said most probable incomplete application. Might have returned to me. Advised to wait Until Nov 30 When it hits 6 weeks since the delivery date.

if verification passed - goes to next step 2 OR returned to the Applicant for incompleteness

Steps 2) Application are scanned and put in the system and transferred to an Officer

I called too in the morning. She said samd thing not entered in the system yet but she did not say anything like incompete or returned.These agents have told same to so many October 12-16 applicants who are waiting for AOR. I don't think all these people had incomplete applications . Like me i kept photos of each page and document of application i sent delivered on October 16. There is nothing wrong in the application. These applications just sitting there It is just matter of time. If these are incomplete then why no one has got them back . I have not got mine back so far

Last edited:

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017

Interestingly, I sent two applications one delivered on October 16 and other on October 18. In first application I checked yes instead of No in question No.9 of the form that was only mistake in first application. As advised by friemds I corrected that mistake and send second application delivered on October 18. According to forum people have got AOR in either cases replying yes or no of question No.9. None of my two applications have been returned or one accepted for AOR. The only thing left is apps have been lost even though these were delivered and signed. I hope that not the case.
All applications waiting for AOR have been lost. It does not make sense to me

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Hi All,

Any thought?

Don't fret, your application is not lost. I remember when AOR for citizenship timeline was 3 months. You may even get it tonight. Number of application received jumped up tremendously, at least going by what we saw on the global chart.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Interestingly, I sent two applications one delivered on October 16 and other on October 18. In first application I checked yes instead of No in question No.9 of the form that was only mistake in first application. As advised by friemds I corrected that mistake and send second application delivered on October 18. According to forum people have got AOR in either cases replying yes or no of question No.9. None of my two applications have been returned or one accepted for AOR. The only thing left is apps have been lost even though these were delivered and signed. I hope that not the case.
All applications waiting for AOR have been lost. It does not make sense to me
As mentioned on several occasions, AOR does not indicate that you filled in the application correctly. It only affirms that application was filled and no questions left unanswered. Once your application starts processing at your local processing center, only then these details will be verified.

natinthehat

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
08-11-2013
Hello everyone,
Just got my AOR this afternoon (mailed my application on Friday, the 13th of October). Please update the spreadsheet and thank you in advance.

For those who are still waiting - keep the spirits up and Happy Black Friday!

PS I am one of those who forgot to write my name on back of the photos; I wrote my name on the little envelope that the photos were submitted in.

Last edited:
Reactions: qjzhou and pepe84

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Interesting to read the reports of those who called IRCC. There seems to be a mention of a 6-week window after delivery during which the application must be either AOR'd or returned.
I guess the Sydney office must have an internal SLA that needs to be met for application processing, and it must me that "6 weeks" mark that is being mentioned. Just a guess, but probably not far from the truth. At the current rate, approximately 80% of applications received in October (if we assume that our spreadsheet is a representative sample) will receive an AOR by the end of November, and that is a remarkable undertaking considering that most likely the number of application increased by at least 500%. I guess there must me some considerable pressure being put on IRCC to keep processing times under control: the government passed C-6 to facilitate the path towards Canadian citizenship, but that is useless, if applications remain stuck in bureaucracy for months and months.

Reactions: salimnw

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
As mentioned on several occasions, AOR does not indicate that you filled in the application correctly. It only affirms that application was filled and no questions left unanswered. Once your application starts processing at your local processing center, only then these details will be verified.
Congrats

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Just got my AOR today. Application was delivered on Oct 19. Please update the spreadsheet.

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Application sent 16th Oct
Received 19th October
Received by Allen Thomas
Sent by Canada Post
Physical presence 1345
Family of 4
Location Mississauga
AOR received 23th November
Pls add to spread sheet