+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Ok, so I'm a citizen now!!!.Wish everyone luck.
I want to change/ correct my first name. I will file for a legal name change tomorrow. Do I need a new citizenship certificate or is it enough to just include the court decision of the name change in the passport application?? is there a forum for name change?? Thank you.
I don't think so, but you can start a new thread with that question..

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thankyou. the officer said everything looks fine on my file. Is it going to effect my oath date too?
My status online didn't change till a few days before my oath although I got my oath date right after my test, so I don't think that affects anything at all. No one can tell what really happens really, so we just gotta be patient :)

CAJour

Jan 23, 2018
who else is struggling like me? Seems they will cross 1 year mark for my file :-(

Application Received, 26th Oct 2017
In-process: 05th Jan 2018

And NO test invite so far. I did the web enquiry and they sent me below reply:

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application. Since it was received on October 26, 2017, your application is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
who else is struggling like me? Seems they will cross 1 year mark for my file :-(

Application Received, 26th Oct 2017
In-process: 05th Jan 2018

And NO test invite so far. I did the web enquiry and they sent me below reply:

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application. Since it was received on October 26, 2017, your application is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I got exactly the same response. What is your office?

waiting4positive

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Hi everyone i applied at the end of march and my application went in process on June 12. I am over 55 years. I have not received anything regarding test, interview or oath. What can i do? How can i contact them?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everyone i applied at the end of march and my application went in process on June 12. I am over 55 years. I have not received anything regarding test, interview or oath. What can i do? How can i contact them?
People have been waiting for a year after in process, so your status is well within the regular time. There's nothing you can do but wait patiently :)
You are over 55 so you'll only have to go for the interview and oath, no test, so that's all the more reason to just relax and enjoy the rest of the summer! Take care!