+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the Canadian passport application for new citizens.

1. For mail in applications, do you have to send the original Canadian citizenship certificate? i.e. no copies.

2. When they return your original Canadian citizenship certificate in the mail, is it it good condition?

Question for folks who applied for their passport:

3. Is there anyone here who applied for their Canadian passport who can advise? Did you receive your original Canadian citizenship certificate in perfect condition just as you sent it or did it have bent/creased areas on the page?

4. What kind of envelope did the original Canadian citizenship certificate return to you in? Assuming that most mailboxes (especially apartment mailboxes) are small, how did the envelope fit in your mailbox without being damaged/bent?

5. Was the certificate returned to you by Canada Post regular mail or trackable mail?

6. Did you receive your Canadian citizenship certificate and Canadian passport in the same envelope at the same time?

Thanks!
Why you are opting for mail in application? By the way, some offices also open on Saturdays, if it is something which may help you.

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017

zaches893

May 6, 2018
Why you are opting for mail in application? By the way, some offices also open on Saturdays, if it is something which may help you.
Simply logistics; not being able to get to an office due to being out of town with work commitments etc.

Any answers to my questions? Did you apply for a passport?

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
I know CIC is cautious about approving commuter cases (working in US & living in Windsor). Also the "intention to reside in Canada" clause is no more there in Bill C6. Do the immigration officers still verify this intent during the interview? If so, does it help to own a house in Windsor to prove that intent, especially when you are single and buying house is the only way you can demonstrate that intent?
Would appreciate if any experienced commuter members in this forum, can shed some light on this.
Anyone? Would appreciate some help

funmax6

Jun 10, 2014
Simply logistics; not being able to get to an office due to being out of town with work commitments etc.

Any answers to my questions? Did you apply for a passport?
I applied for the passport in person. If mailing in is the only option, follow the instructions they give you. I don't think anyone can comment on the condition of the returned documents. But it may be better if you can opt for a delivery with signature (if that is an option). Most of the times, Canada post drops a pickup note the mail box if a delivery with signature is needed. Since you say that you work, Canada post can't get your signature during the normal work hours and will most likely drop a pickup note in your apartment's mail box. You can just go to the pickup location (most likely the near by post office or the shoppers drug mart). I've picked up letter sized mails without any bend from a pickup location earlier. Probably you can try it.

zaches893

May 6, 2018
I applied for the passport in person. If mailing in is the only option, follow the instructions they give you. I don't think anyone can comment on the condition of the returned documents. But it may be better if you can opt for a delivery with signature (if that is an option). Most of the times, Canada post drops a pickup note the mail box if a delivery with signature is needed. Since you say that you work, Canada post can't get your signature during the normal work hours and will most likely drop a pickup note in your apartment's mail box. You can just go to the pickup location (most likely the near by post office or the shoppers drug mart). I've picked up letter sized mails without any bend from a pickup location earlier. Probably you can try it.
Hi there, thanks for your note. This sounds like a good idea if it can be an option. I will see what can be done.

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I submitted my application on Oct 22, got AOR on Nov 24, 2017 and In-Process since Dec 29, and I have applied from Etobicoke. Any idea, why my application or my batch's application is stuck and others are receiving path request as-well? Should I start start to worry now :(

rashcanada

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Toronto
Hi,

I submitted my application on Oct 22, got AOR on Nov 24, 2017 and In-Process since Dec 29, and I have applied from Etobicoke. Any idea, why my application or my batch's application is stuck and others are receiving path request as-well? Should I start start to worry now :(
you are not the only one in that boat bro... trust me its frustrating, but that's how it is...

rashcanada

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Toronto
Guys, Need a quick help:
My PR card will expire in Aug'18... its been 6 months after app submission & more than 1 month after FP submission... do you think I should re-apply for PR card or wait for the positive news about Test/Oath?