+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
does anybody know the process for age 55+? are they called for an interview at all or it goes directly to decision made/oath ceremony invite? My mother's AOR was March 11, 2018. Then fingerprinting request March 28, 2018. What would her next step be? (fingerprinting was done same day)
They are called in for the interview but it's just for checking all the stamps and documents- really easy. Then it's the oath. My mom is still waiting for the oath invite but the rest was pretty smooth. Good luck to you and her :)

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
They are called in for the interview but it's just for checking all the stamps and documents- really easy. Then it's the oath. My mom is still waiting for the oath invite but the rest was pretty smooth. Good luck to you and her :)
what was the timeline between her AOR and interview invite / day?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Not sure. I did have to provide with entry/exit stamp translation after my interview. May be that caused the delay
Thanks for getting back to me. We were told during the interview that our security check is still in progress, but the officer has no concerns.The decision won't be taken before finishing this step first.
Thank you again

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Guys I have been eligible to apply since February. I have filled out the application, ready to apply
Now question is;

Is there any ways to apply online like PR application or I have to send the application by mail.

Thanks in advance.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Finally!!!
  1. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
:) Patience :)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Finally!!!
  1. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
:) Patience :)
Congrates

Your journey end in 6 months great.

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
Congrats, I applied around on week after you and I am still at Nov 22. I didn't travel outside Canada except for one week in 5 years.
Hopefully, you get an update soon! I had hundreds of days of travel over the 5 years (work) so I was expecting a significant delay. Looking at other applicants - my "Decision Made" update was severely delayed after the test (almost 2 months). I'm assuming its all depends on the order the case officer wants to process the application.

I now have more travel planned over the summer and it's stressful not knowing when I'll need to be in Canada for the Oath. I don't understand why they can't just post the date online once they put up the "Decision Made" status.....

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Just took my test and passed with 20/20.
Update me please!

Test passed April 26 in Calgary.

Was told it could be a month or several months before I get the oath invite.

I was also asked to bring my Landing Papers to the Oath since I didn’t have them with me today. They weren’t on the checklist of things to bring. Has anyone else been asked for their Landing Papers?