+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Unlikely. I'm being processed there too. Got DM on March 21. I'm expecting Oath in August-October time frame.

If you're very lucky, you could get scheduled earlier due to cancellations, but like I said, it's very rare.

The following thread discusses DM to Oath for Scarborough. They're currently processing applicants who applied in July/August 2017.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211
August-October?? You're too pessimistic lol -- It's going to be July at the latest for us...

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
"Application received" since AOR on February 15. No movement for the last two months. Last week I called they said my application is still in the Sydney office and they are still doing some background checks? Is it normal or I am in the slot of limbos?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
August-October?? You're too pessimistic lol -- It's going to be July at the latest for us...
Well, I like to look at the worst case. Anything better is just bonus lol.

I've been monitoring the Scarborough-DM-Oath thread since before we applied. I seem to remember several cases that got oath at the 12 month mark from the date of submission. And these are applications well before the October rush. I hope I'm wrong. I, too, am eager to be a Canadian citizen already.

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
When you received your test/ interview invite, I assume that they must have also mentioned that you would have your oath on the same day?
Yes , actually I received the oath/ceremony invite in Ecas first and after 2 days I received another line in Ecas for the test/Interview..all were for same date.

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Folks, I took the test at Scarborough yesterday, April 16th - drove in the worst possible weather from Mississauga for the test at 11.45 am. The test itself was super easy and I got 20/20 but the citizenship officer was certainly one of the toughest and least prepared to deal with the peculiarity of my application (or 2nd time application for grant of citizenship).

She handed out the Residency Questionnaire requesting a host of documents from record of employment, OHIP record, tax returns, home lease/purchase agreements, bank statements, & child's school attendance records. CIC had misplaced my residency calculation & I had thankfully a spare copy of the same with me available to handout to the officer that led her to strike off the request to provide the same once again.

Given my extensive travel history due to work, the officer seemed challenged with going through over 9 pages of my residency calculator in reference with CBSA ICES record, FOIA based US Entry Exist Record & my Pages of my passport that carry all the stamps.

It seems the officer didn't have the competency to go through all the details of my applications within the time perhaps allocated to my interview. It may be fair to assume that even after I respond with all the items requested my file will land with a Citizenship Judge.

While, I wanted to provide the above experience for all those that may have a rather complicated application, my main objective is to find those applicants that have been waiting to see a Citizenship Judge.

How long to get to a Citizenship Judge?

Thanks & regards,

Mohit

Reactions: anasja2000

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Folks, I took the test at Scarborough yesterday, April 16th - drove in the worst possible weather from Mississauga for the test at 11.45 am. The test itself was super easy and I got 20/20 but the citizenship officer was certainly one of the toughest and least prepared to deal with the peculiarity of my application (or 2nd time application for grant of citizenship).

She handed out the Residency Questionnaire requesting a host of documents from record of employment, OHIP record, tax returns, home lease/purchase agreements, bank statements, & child's school attendance records. CIC had misplaced my residency calculation & I had thankfully a spare copy of the same with me available to handout to the officer that led her to strike off the request to provide the same once again.

Given my extensive travel history due to work, the officer seemed challenged with going through over 9 pages of my residency calculator in reference with CBSA ICES record, FOIA based US Entry Exist Record & my Pages of my passport that carry all the stamps.

It seems the officer didn't have the competency to go through all the details of my applications within the time perhaps allocated to my interview. It may be fair to assume that even after I respond with all the items requested my file will land with a Citizenship Judge.

While, I wanted to provide the above experience for all those that may have a rather complicated application, my main objective is to find those applicants that have been waiting to see a Citizenship Judge.

How long to get to a Citizenship Judge?

Thanks & regards,
<snip>
Well, firstly I would advise you to remain anonymous on the forum. Secondly, curious, what makes you think your application will end up with a Citizenship judge ? If you provide sufficient proof to convince the officer that you were in Canada for the time you claimed to be, your application should be approved.

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hello,
Does anybody know how long does it take to IRCC to respond to a web form request?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
While it is NOT likely IRCC personnel spend time crawling online forums for adverse information about their clients, it is readily apparent that IRCC does, sometimes, access open sources for information about clients . . . IAD and Federal Court decisions reveal IRCC has researched and considered online information about clients in the course of processing PR visa applications, PR Residency Obligation examinations, and grant citizenship applications.

As I have reported elsewhere, LinkedIn appears to be among the more common sites accessed by IRCC. It is apparent that in some cases IRCC (or CIC previously) researched variations of the applicant's name. On multiple occasions IRCC has made decisions relying on the content of the online information despite an applicant's denial, where IRCC has informed the applicant of the information and given the applicant an opportunity to submit evidence disproving it . . . which can be difficult to the extent that IRCC is demanding the individual prove a negative . . . . as in, how can "Jack D. Applicant" prove a LinkedIn account, and the information therein, for someone named "Jake Applicant," is NOT his? (In one case an applicant denied she had a LinkedIn account under a variation of her name and IRCC gave her an opportunity to prove she was not that individual and was not employed by the foreign employer as listed for that account holder . . . she more or less responded she was not that individual and was not employed as listed . . . on appeal it was held that IRCC did NOT have to prove she was that individual and did NOT have to prove she was so employed, the burden of proof was on HER to PROVE it was not her and she was not so employed, and her denial was insufficient to meet that burden of proof.)

In the meantime, it is impossible to guess who is crawling these forums or for what purpose. It is impossible to guess whether someone might take the information a person has revealed in a forum like this and, if not sufficiently anonymous, send the proverbial poison-letter to IRCC about that person, and thereby create problems for the individual. Indeed, if the individual can be identified, who can guess if and when someone will exercise anger or frustration or naked maliciousness and make false accusations about them to IRCC? Within just the last few days I've had someone fling a desire to block my path to citizenship at me here (they'd be more than four years late, but there's little to prevent the uninformed from behaving with little regard for the facts).

Sure, the caution expressed by @razerblade is an obvious one. But the obvious needs to be stated sometimes. Reminders rarely hurt. Reminders, even as to the obvious, will sometimes save someone from unnecessary grief.

This is not a good venue in which to spill one's life in too much detail. Those who are looking for advice about their particular facts should consult with a lawyer, in a confidential lawyer-client relationship.

m_az

Nov 18, 2017
Hello Admins,

Please update the sheet per below:

Test invite letter date: 03-Apr-18
Test interview date: 18-Apr-18
Remarks: Passed the test today with 20/20 score
Live in Toronto, but my test was in Scarborough.

Good luck to all.

thanks,

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Admins,

Please update the sheet per below:

Test invite letter date: 03-Apr-18
Test interview date: 18-Apr-18
Remarks: Passed the test today with 20/20 score
Live in Toronto, but my test was in Scarborough.

Good luck to all.

thanks,
Updated. Congrats!!