+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have done my test & interview today morning followed by Oath & Citizenship Ceremony in the afternoon in Edmonton office.
When you received your test/ interview invite, I assume that they must have also mentioned that you would have your oath on the same day?

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Still waiting. I called them on Friday and the agent told me that your file was transferred to Saskatoon and that all background checks are cleared and everything is good on your file. When I asked when I’ll get the test invitation and he told me that he cannot comment on that and told me that the invite could be next week, next month or 2 months from now
Keep me in the loop. Don't know whats going on for our case!

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Still waiting. I called them on Friday and the agent told me that your file was transferred to Saskatoon and that all background checks are cleared and everything is good on your file. When I asked when I’ll get the test invitation and he told me that he cannot comment on that and told me that the invite could be next week, next month or 2 months from now
That motivates me to call them tomorrow.

jack2014

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hey

Did they give you any hint about that document request in the interview? Did the interviewer show any concerns over your physical presence days?

Yes the officer told me that there is one query in with your application regarding the US entry and Exit so if we need additional, we will let you know by mail.

Cheers,

maestro1

Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for citizenship on October from Toronto and I passed the citizenship test on March 8, 2018. 10 days later my status changed to DM.

It has been almost 40 days since I had my test, however, I have not received an invitation for the Oath Ceremony. It is important for me as I am traveling to various countries on June and I need Canadian Passport to wave visa requirements.

I am wondering if this 40 days delay is normal? I can see in the excel sheet that other ppl have received their oath invitation within 2 weeks of exam. Does someone else has the same problem?

I have emailed CIC several times and I have not received any response. Do you have any idea on how further I can follow the matter?

Thanks everybody for sharing your information and experience.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

I applied for citizenship on October from Toronto and I passed the citizenship test on March 8, 2018. 10 days later my status changed to DM.

It has been almost 40 days since I had my test, however, I have not received an invitation for the Oath Ceremony. It is important for me as I am traveling to various countries on June and I need Canadian Passport to wave visa requirements.

I am wondering if this 40 days delay is normal? I can see in the excel sheet that other ppl have received their oath invitation within 2 weeks of exam. Does someone else has the same problem?

I have emailed CIC several times and I have not received any response. Do you have any idea on how further I can follow the matter?

Thanks everybody for sharing your information and experience.
Where is your file being processed ? Scarborough or Mississauga ? If at Scarborough, I would advise you to get comfortable. It's taking 5-8 months after DM to receive oath invite. On very rare occasions, it's faster.

Mississauga seems to have slowed down too, from what I've noticed on this forum.

Reactions: anasja2000

maestro1

Apr 16, 2018
Where is your file being processed ? Scarborough or Mississauga ? If at Scarborough, I would advise you to get comfortable. It's taking 5-8 months after DM to receive oath invite. On very rare occasions, it's faster.

Mississauga seems to have slowed down too, from what I've noticed on this forum.
Thanks for your response. I had my test in Scarborough. So apparently I am not going to get the invitation in a couple of months?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for your response. I had my test in Scarborough. So apparently I am not going to get the invitation in a couple of months?
Unlikely. I'm being processed there too. Got DM on March 21. I'm expecting Oath in August-October time frame.

If you're very lucky, you could get scheduled earlier due to cancellations, but like I said, it's very rare.

The following thread discusses DM to Oath for Scarborough. They're currently processing applicants who applied in July/August 2017.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Hi everyone
I sent for GCMS notes but I got this reply
I didnt send any documents only my UCI number
I did a FP request 2 mpnths ago
Any advice what to do ?

Dear Xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx ;

This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on April 10, 2018, for the following records:

the citizenship/naturalization file concerning XXXX , Xxx xxxx

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

We require that you confirm which specific information you would like to receive:
- The electronic file, which include the file status and updates, the notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) as well as reasons for any refusal; or

- The application forms, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC, which includes the information submitted during the application process.

Note that we will put your request on hold until we receive the requested information from you. If we have not received your reply by May 16, 2018, we will consider the request abandoned and close our file accordingly.

Please reply to this email with the required information, or by mail at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
360 Laurier Avenue W
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the Information Commissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist

This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.

Last edited:

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Well I finally got a hold of an agent after calling 10000x and waiting on hold for 1 hour. He said a letter regarding oath was sent out today but he wasn’t able to access it!! Come ooooon :mad:

Reactions: vancouverbc2013