+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have done my test & interview today morning followed by Oath & Citizenship Ceremony in the afternoon in Edmonton office.

Most of the people had the same thing as they were from remote areas.

Passed the test with perfect score
Test was easy! I read the discover Canada Guide twice and did many online free tests..nothing will come out of the study guide..the majority finished the test in 5-10 min.

The interview was based on first come first serve so I didn't have to wait long time..it was quick interview about 10 min reviewing my paperwork and checking the original passports ( all passport current & expired ) even passports out of the elegibilty period! The officer was very friendly.
She just looked at the first page on the old passports and returned them to me and kept the current one to cross check the stamps with my physical presence record.
I had some stamps traslated ready for her but she didn't ask for anything! The stamps were mixed in English and Arabic language So she might went with the dates as they were in English. I did add in the residency calculator the details of trips with the page number were the stamp is located which made it easy for her to find and match them.
She asked some general questions ; like what do you do for work?
At the end she handed over the Oath invitation for the afternoon.
My daughter 5 years old didn't come with me during the test or interview and she didn't ask anything about her other than her documents.

Thank you all for this forum it was very helpful.

Congratulations to all who had their Citizenship and wish the rest best of luck in your process.

Hopefully; Soon you all will be proud Canadians

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
"Names" (one of factor) determine if you need FP or not... if there are multiple people with same name in your area, they need to ensure "who" you are & if there is any criminal proceedings pending against you, or, if your prints were taken from any known crime scene..
Thanks. That strange, I'm a quiet woman with a unique name!

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
Hi super users,

Can you please update my info in the tracker (line#482):

- Oct 16 : Application received.
- Nov 22 : Ecas update for AOR.
- Dec 1 : Ecas shows In Process.
- Dec 20 : Ecas update for Finger prints request being mailed.
- Mar 16 : Ecas update for Oath/Ceremony invite to be held on Apr 13th @ 12:30 pm.
- Mar 20 : Ecas update for test/interview to be held on Apr 13th @ 8:30 am.
- Apr 13th : test , interview & ceremony.
- Apr 14th : Ecas shows decision made.

Thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi super users,

Can you please update my info in the tracker (line#482):

- Oct 16 : Application received.
- Nov 22 : Ecas update for AOR.
- Dec 1 : Ecas shows In Process.
- Dec 20 : Ecas update for Finger prints request being mailed.
- Mar 16 : Ecas update for Oath/Ceremony invite to be held on Apr 13th @ 12:30 pm.
- Mar 20 : Ecas update for test/interview to be held on Apr 13th @ 8:30 am.
- Apr 13th : test , interview & ceremony.
- Apr 14th : Ecas shows decision made.

Thanks
It is already updated. Congratulations on becoming Canadian Citizen

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Probably the same reason why AORs are not sent in order of receipt. Various bins, some move faster that others.
I’ve been following the spreadsheet watching the order of invites for the Calgary office and them seem to be sent out in somewhat of an order... I was just completely skipped over. Frustrating!!

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
What's the update with you? I almost gave up checking!
Still waiting. I called them on Friday and the agent told me that your file was transferred to Saskatoon and that all background checks are cleared and everything is good on your file. When I asked when I’ll get the test invitation and he told me that he cannot comment on that and told me that the invite could be next week, next month or 2 months from now

Reactions: Niloy001