+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Double check the information. I asked for the name change due to marriage, I had the same problem before, but then they update my last name as per the marriage certificate, now every time I login I used my Married name.
The only thing I did was I changed my address and after that I can't login anymore. But I enter everything else correctly

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Yes.
You will also get a warning in your oath invitation letter, something like if your child become restless you’ll be asked to leave the room...
Indeed. From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/video/canadian-citizenship-ceremony-what-you-need-know.html

if you have small children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the ceremony.​

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Indeed. From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/video/canadian-citizenship-ceremony-what-you-need-know.html

if you have small children, plan to have a family member or friend available to take them out of the room for you if they get restless. Remember that you will need to stay in the room for the full length of the ceremony.​
I laugh when I see the posts about small children attending the oath. I'm not sure my 16 year old, also taking the oath, is going to be thrilled with a 90 minute event... lol

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I laugh when I see the posts about small children attending the oath. I'm not sure my 16 year old, also taking the oath, is going to be thrilled with a 90 minute event... lol
Well, that video is clearly out of date. They don't even mention you shouldn't be on instagram/twitter/facebook during the ceremony :D.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Well, that video is clearly out of date. They don't even mention you shouldn't be on instagram/twitter/facebook during the ceremony :D.
In this age of social media, people should be absolutely be posting progress on instagram and snapchat while they are waiting!!!

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Question on gcms notes. I applied for gcms notes on on February 15 and even after 31 days paased, i have not received notes yet.
I sent them email yesterday but no reply so far.
Is it normal for gcms notes to arrive late? I have read on forum ATIP office must deliver notes in 30 days

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Question on gcms notes. I applied for gcms notes on on February 15 and even after 31 days paased, i have not received notes yet.
I sent them email yesterday but no reply so far.
Is it normal for gcms notes to arrive late? I have read on forum ATIP office must deliver notes in 30 days
They do say that the 30-day commitment could very well not hold at this time because of the volume of requests. Some here have reported 45 days.

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Nothing at all! I gave up on their stupid processing system. There is another date in March 28th. I was thinking for that, but no luck!!
How about you?
Nothing...not sure what went wrong with our applications..applicants who got IP after me have their oath ceremony 1st week of April

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Nothing...not sure what went wrong with our applications..applicants who got IP after me have their oath ceremony 1st week of April
Each individual application is different. Are these people you're comparing to being processed in the same office?

technic

Oct 5, 2017
Hi experts,

What does it mean by "Decision Made" on ECAS?

After DM is there a system of getting oath invites or its completely random?

Thank you in advance.

citizenship2017

Nov 23, 2017
Hi guys, I got my gcms notes today after my test on Feb 15, 2018. While I was reading through notes I noticed in outgoing correspondence section, it says citizenship application record of decision sent. It was sent same day Jan 22, 2018 they sent me test invite. I never got this record of decision. I don't know what it is. There is also one section which says triage 1 & triage 2
Triage 1:
created date:
updated date:
updated by:
Triage:
what is this triage section??
I am done with test already on Feb 15 and officer said they are awaiting my background and call me for oath in 3 months. I have never received any request after test. no RQ nothing at all
@razerblade any thoughts

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Hi Guys, Where is the link to that status sheet. Finding it hard to get it from the thread.
Browsed through many pages...
Thanks