+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I don't know if someone else has been facing this issue on their ecas like I am. Last I could login and check my status on ecas was March 13 8:25 am. After that, whenever I login the site tells me to update my address and put my new one, but I am still residing in my current address. I was annoyed by it yesterday so I updated it by keying in the same old address and today i logged in again, but yet again when I log in, it automatically puts me on the update address page and does not let me see any updates. Please Help, especially if you have been though this!
Just log out, give it sometime and try to log in again. It's really annoying, I know! Alternatively, before you log in, refresh the ecas page as you may be on the "cached page from previous login". Also, if you have family members on the same application with you, ensure you add them to your "edited/new" address as well.
It's likely because you're using google to access ECAS. Note that the first link on google has "coa" at the end of the URL, which stands for "Change of Address". Use the second link to access it, you won't have issues.

First link (Change of Address):
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa

Second link (regular ecas access):
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas

Reactions: anasja2000

algonquin

May 1, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Passport Req..
feb 2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
Next step is to wait for Oath invite. Plz check spreadsheet for avg wait times for your location.

I have updated the SS.
Thanks a lot

rdbr

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
**-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Hi everyone,

As of last Friday. I am a Canadian citizen.
I'd like to thank you all for your support and companionship along the way. Good luck to all of you who are still in the process of obtaining it.

Cheers!

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I became a Canadian Citizen. What a great feeling!
The ceremony was 90 minutes long and it was so touching. Even though I witnessed several ceremonies with family members before and I knew what to expect, it felt different; a good different.
Just FYI, be aware that if you bring a child and they start making noises/crying, you will be kicked out immediately. They have kicked out two people in my ceremony.
I hope you guys all the best and a super speedy process.
Good luck!
Kicked out from ceremony because child was crying?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if someone else has been facing this issue on their ecas like I am. Last I could login and check my status on ecas was March 13 8:25 am. After that, whenever I login the site tells me to update my address and put my new one, but I am still residing in my current address. I was annoyed by it yesterday so I updated it by keying in the same old address and today i logged in again, but yet again when I log in, it automatically puts me on the update address page and does not let me see any updates. Please Help, especially if you have been though this!
Try to clear your internet browser cache (see below link) then check application status directly on IRCC website rather than going through a search engine.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=315&top=23

Reactions: OakvilleON123

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Found this on cic’s website:

• Infants and young children are welcome, and there is a designated area where a friend or non-candidate family member can take children if they need to leave the room (candidates must stay in the room for the full length of the ceremony).

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

As of last Friday. I am a Canadian citizen.
I'd like to thank you all for your support and companionship along the way. Good luck to all of you who are still in the process of obtaining it.

Cheers!
Great. Congrats. Its by the Decision Made or you attended Oath Ceremony?

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

Received below update online on March 16th .. I didn't receive a test invite yet by mail or online and the update is about the oath taking and the ceremony! Is this normal and when will the test take place?

"We sent you a notice on March 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment".

Any thoughts?
Congrats. Anything mailed on Friday is delivered in next week. At least 4-5 business days needed for normal mail. Pl wait it is coming. Check mail box regularly. You are now Canadian only need to take Oath.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
No I am not a senior!

I see 5 lines in Ecas:
1- Oct 16 : Application received
2- Nov 22 : AOR
3- Dec 1 : In Process
4- Dec 20 : Finger prints request
5- Mar 16 : Oath/Ceremony invite to be held on Apr 13

So, no line for test/interview invite.. I have seen others getting test and oath on the same day but their Invite will be for the test not for oath and if they pass the test they will be offered to attend the ceremony the same day.

I will wait for the invite to arrive by mail and update you.. they might have sent both invites in same envelop.
You are luckiest. Test Oath same day.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hello admin,

I received my oath letter today to appear on April 17. Please update the tracker.
I also have a question: Does anyone know usually how long ceremony will be postponed if I ask CIC to reschedule it?

Thanks

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello admin,

I received my oath letter today to appear on April 17. Please update the tracker.
I also have a question: Does anyone know usually how long ceremony will be postponed if I ask CIC to reschedule it?

Thanks
updated, congrads!

zara1986

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi, I received my AOR on Feb27 and I was able to check ECAS for the first two days but After that it gives the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Should I be worried? Thanks

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi, I received my AOR on Feb27 and I was able to check ECAS for the first two days but After that it gives the error "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Should I be worried? Thanks
Double check the information. I asked for the name change due to marriage, I had the same problem before, but then they update my last name as per the marriage certificate, now everytime I login I used my Married name.