Application Received - Nov 14 2017
Acknowledgment recipt sent - Jan 10, 2018
In Process - still waiting
Test Invite -
Test date -
Decision Made -
Oath invite -
Oath -

Can any one guide approximately when I can get test invite ?

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Does everyone get asked for finger prints??
I have a letter too submit fingerprint, when I went to do them, the service provider said that I need also police report. Is this automatic, requesting FP means police report?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Does everyone get asked for finger prints??
I have a letter too submit fingerprint, when I went to do them, the service provider said that I need also police report. Is this automatic, requesting FP means police report?
No, not everyone gets asked for fingerprints. Usually a fingerprint request is sent when someone with the same or similar name/date of birth exists has committed (or has been accused of) a crime.

A request for fingerprints is really a request to use the RCMP's Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) to perform a search of the National Repository of Criminal Records, which is done based on fingerprints. If there is no result (i.e. your fingerprints don't match any of the prints in the system) then IRCC knows that you are not prohibited (see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/situtations-prevent-citizenship.html) from becoming a Canadian citizen .

gossipgirl17

Oct 4, 2012
Hi guys i got my oath invite for april 3 @1230 pm locartion is edmonton but im a little worried as the ceremonies founf online doesnt match with my schedule. For edmonton there is only one ceremonies for april which is april 13. Can they be wrong, should i call them and clarify?

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012

ARayaba

Jul 18, 2014
One of the questions on the form is "During your eligibility period, did you live outside Canada?". The eligibility period is 5 years! And I moved to Canada 3.5 years ago. So, of course, I lived outside of Canada. So now I need to fill out 'Residence Outside Canada' form and submit a PCC from USA? This does not make sense because I got Canadian PR based on the PCC! Also, none of the things in 'Residence Outside Canada' apply to me?! Am I the only one in this situation? Can't be. Anyone who has moved here less than 4.5 years before their application must be in this situation. Any advise thoughts?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
One of the questions on the form is "During your eligibility period, did you live outside Canada?". The eligibility period is 5 years! And I moved to Canada 3.5 years ago. So, of course, I lived outside of Canada. So now I need to fill out 'Residence Outside Canada' form and submit a PCC from USA? This does not make sense because I got Canadian PR based on the PCC! Also, none of the things in 'Residence Outside Canada' apply to me?! Am I the only one in this situation? Can't be. Anyone who has moved here less than 4.5 years before their application must be in this situation. Any advise thoughts?
This has been discussed multiple times on the forum.
Try searching the forum for the question number, the name (number) of the extra form you're to fill out, or for PCC to find those discussions.

The physical presence calculator needs, in my understanding, not have trips you made before you acquired status in Canada. It does have to list any period you had PR, Protected Person, or Temporary Resident (that includes visits). For the period(s) during which you had any of those statuses you need to list your absences from Canada.

You need to fill the residence outside Canada form, even though it does not apply. Enter "N/A" in both of the categories. Sign and date it. Add a letter to your application saying you did spend time outside Canada as a Crown Servant or the spouse of a Crown Servant, but included the form for completeness. (If you do not do this your application may be returned as incomplete. This is something that's broken in the application form. Until it's fixed we have to deal with it.)

If you spent 183 or more days in any country other than Canada during the last four years you must supply a PCC from that country. The fact that you submitted one when you applied for PR is irrelevant. That PCC is out of date (as, after you supplied it, you still lived in the other country for a while).

Note that the relevant period for a PCC is four years, not five years. If requesting the PCC is likely to be a very slow process it may be worth waiting until you have less than 183 days in a single country abroad during the preceding four years, so that no PCC is necessary by default.
(Note that IRCC can request a PCC if they feel it necessary, even if you spent less than 183 days in a country. It is unlikely they will do so, but it is a possibility. Hiding a charge or conviction abroad can invalidate your application and you may be stripped of your citizenship for misrepresentation, so don't do this if your PCC is not squeaky clean)

Reactions: razerblade

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hello,
Does anyone know if IRCC use the name on Recent Passport or the one that was on Online Status (ECAS) on Citizenship Certificate?
The reason I asked was, In my Application form I wrote my name based on my recent Passport but my Online status was different.
Thanks in advance.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
Does anyone know if IRCC use the name on Recent Passport or the one that was on Online Status (ECAS) on Citizenship Certificate?
The reason I asked was, In my Application form I wrote my name based on my recent Passport but my Online status was different.
Thanks in advance.
They will use the name that was on the most recent immigration document (PR card, COPR,...).

If you have changed your name you should have indicated so on the application form and provided the necessary documentation.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html and search for "name change".