Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Just a simple suggestion for anyone waiting for citizenship test: if you are going out of the country knowing that your travel time could collide with your test date, please inform CIC officers by phone, they are extremely nice to put that as a note for first time test date amendment for you.
I have an official business trip next month to USA for 10 days, and I informed the agent that I am well-prepared to give the exam prior to the scheduled date if they have decided any.
My agent over the phone told me that hopefully I will be getting a test invite sooner and then fly peacefully without having to worry about a later date!
Just hope that it all works out well for all of us!
Have a great day everyone!

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
You should file for divorce. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I could not resist! My wife got FP... I told her how disappointed as was that she didn't disclose her criminal record before... and that I had spoken to my lawyer...

But since nothing was found on the RCMP database, I warned her not fail the test, that would be the last straw for me.

On a serious note: they will just reschedule her for another test within 2 months (or more); but if she fails again (run for your life)... they will send her a notice telling her to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

Note: since your applications are together, you will need to wait until she completes the process to take the oath.

My suggestion: take her out for dinner, have a laugh a and coach her. Cheers!
You should file for divorce. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I could not resist! My wife got FP... I told her how disappointed as was that she didn't disclose her criminal record before... and that I had spoken to my lawyer...

But since nothing was found on the RCMP database, I warned her not fail the test, that would be the last straw for me.

On a serious note: they will just reschedule her for another test within 2 months (or more); but if she fails again (run for your life)... they will send her a notice telling her to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

Note: since your applications are together, you will need to wait until she completes the process to take the oath.

My suggestion: take her out for dinner, have a laugh a and coach her. Cheers!

:D :D :D
This is what they said about the rescheduling but here is below what I knew from CIC Website and based on that I applied one file for the whole family!

After the test, you or a family member may be asked to:
If this happens, we may process the other family members’ applications separately. This process might mean that they will attend an earlier citizenship ceremony and become citizens faster than the one re-writing the test or attending the interview.

We will tell you before we process your family’s applications separately. We will also send you a form that you can use to ask us to process the applications together. If you want the applications processed together, we will pausethe other family members’ applications until after this second test or interview.

If citizenship is then granted after the second test/interview, all family members will attend the same ceremony.

Reactions: Joshua1 and salimnw

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
If this happens, we may process the other family members’ applications separately. This process might mean that they will attend an earlier citizenship ceremony and become citizens faster than the one re-writing the test or attending the interview.

We will tell you before we process your family’s applications separately. We will also send you a form that you can use to ask us to process the applications together. If you want the applications processed together, we will pausethe other family members’ applications until after this second test or interview.
Yes, I missed that part.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
Just want to update you that I had submitted Online Web request to locate my application and after two weeks, I received an email from Immigration with this depressing and disappointed draft. I checked online on Purolator's website and it says clearly that application had been received on 27th December and also signature is available. I am not sure why Immigration is so negligent?

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.
After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web form and include:
  • The type of application,
  • The payment receipt (if applicable)
  • The date your application was mailed or received,
  • The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The company used to mail the package, and
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
All,
Just want to update you that I had submitted Online Web request to locate my application and after two weeks, I received an email from Immigration with this depressing and disappointed draft. I checked online on Purolator's website and it says clearly that application had been received on 27th December and also signature is available. I am not sure why Immigration is so negligent?

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.
After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web form and include:
  • The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca

Note The information provided may change without notice. If there is conflicting information between the text in the email and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Citizenship Act or their regulations, the Act and/or Regulations prevail. This email was sent to you in the language of your choice. The information on the IRCC website is available in both official languages. The masculine form may have been used for convenience; it refers to both men and women.
Hi, this is no surprise. Using the webform is of no help till you get AOR. They can only track your application after it has been entered into GCMS.

Tons of october applicants went through this, only to realize that they just had to wait. Most eventually got their AOR. Remember that it can take upto 3 months from application delivery. In some cases, it can take longer, and there are applicants from October who are still waiting for it.

Also, from what I've noticed on this forum, these delayed AORs don't necessarily mean your application will be delayed. I've seen people get into process and may even get a test invite in the same month of the AOR.

Just hang in there. If you filled out your application correctly and completely, you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

malikumershaheen

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Reply with all details - i did the same and got AOR wihin a week.

All,

• The tracking number

Sincerely,

www.cic.gc.ca

r

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Hi, this is no surprise. Using the webform is of no help till you get AOR. They can only track your application after it has been entered into GCMS.

Tons of october applicants went through this, only to realize that they just had to wait. Most eventually got their AOR. Remember that it can take upto 3 months from application delivery. In some cases, it can take longer, and there are applicants from October who are still waiting for it.

Also, from what I've noticed on this forum, these delayed AORs don't necessarily mean your application will be delayed. I've seen people get into process and may even get a test invite in the same month of the AOR.

Just hang in there. If you filled out your application correctly and completely, you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for reply. I was planning to resend the application package but after your reply, I am hanging on and will wait. Thanks

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
I Have a question for those who sent their incomplete Applications and had to resubmit again and then got their AOR:
When you received AOR, did AOR say that they received your application as per the date they received it first time or the date you resubmitted application in again?
Thanks

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I Have a question for those who sent their incomplete Applications and had to resubmit it again and then got their AOR:
When you received AOR, did AOR say that they received your application as per the date they received it first time or the date you resubmitted application in again?
Thanks
The AOR won't say anything like that. Although, once you can view your ECAS you could just see the date they mention receiving your application..and see if it was for the first or second.

Reactions: anasja2000

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
The AOR won't say anything like that. Although, once you can view your ECAS you could just see the date they mention receiving your application..and see if it was for the first or second.
DO you know anyone who checked ECAS to confirm??
I need to know if it's better to send back the returned application so that I can maintain my queue among October applicants.
I sent two applications, on the second I got AOR and on the first i got it returned as incomplete?

If I call the agents, they'll tell me what they think not what the formal procedure is, I don't trust them an ounce.

Last edited:

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
DO you know anyone who checked ECAS to confirm??
I need to know if it's better to send back the returned application so that I can maintain my queue among October applicants.
I sent two applications, on the second I got AOR and on the first i got it returned as incomplete?

If I call the agents, they'll tell me what they think not what the formal procedure is, I don't trust them an ounce.
12-24 hrs later after getting AOR - ECAS gets activated. you will be able to log in.

ECAS will say when your application was received(which ever is complete).

To answer your question - people who have resubmitted before getting AOR due to incomplete information or documents get the date of the second application as the application received date.