+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi,

This might be silly question.. but how would you know which CPC is dealing your case? I live in Milton.. Which CPC would be dealing my case?
There are multiple ways to find out.

1) Educated guess based on the nearest CPC to your postal code
2) Check the spreadsheet to know where all Milton applicants get processed
3) You'll know when you get invited for test, because test is typically at the local office processing your file
4) You can call IRCC and ask after your file begins processing
5) Order GCMS notes after your file begins processing

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

SLEO

Jan 15, 2010
Niagara Falls, Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
There are multiple ways to find out.

1) Educated guess based on the nearest CPC to your postal code
2) Check the spreadsheet to know where all Milton applicants get processed
3) You'll know when you get invited for test, because test is typically at the local office processing your file
4) You can call IRCC and ask after your file begins processing
5) Order GCMS notes after your file begins processing
Thanks for the reply, any clue which CPC is dealing Milton ON cases?
My guess is it's either Mississauga or Kitchener

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
I have another question. The person's eligibility period is from 2013-02-11 to 2018-02-11 and landed Canada in 2015-01-16. In online presence calculator, does he need to mention any travels outside of home country between 2013-02-11 and 2015-1-16?

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the entry-exit stamps in passport for the interview after the citizenship exam.
My exam and interview is scheduled for March 7. The calendar, the numbers and the alphabets in my home country is in a different format. I have traveled multiple times to my home country over the last 5 years and I think the officer may not understand the entry-exit stamps in my passport during the interview. Should I translate the stamps and have them during the interview? Have anyone had the same experience?

Thanks
Any stamp which is not in English or French must be translated by Authorized translation agency in your province. Only certified translation is acceptable to CIC. Its mentioned in supporting letter to test invite. Pl get it translated.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
I have another question. The person's eligibility period is from 2013-02-11 to 2018-02-11 and landed Canada in 2015-01-16. In online presence calculator, does he need to mention any travels outside of home country between 2013-02-11 and 2015-1-16?
All details of travel, jobs,addresses need be mentioned covering full eligibility period otherwise application would be returned.

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
**URGENT HELP**PLEASE READ**

Please advise...
First of all.... I know my app is well within time frame, every application is different etc. etc.

I am Oct 16th applicant from Regina, SK with very simple application (Straight forward 1540+ days, NOT common name, only two trip outside CA)
Almost all similar timeline applicant including applicants from later dates got test invites except me dated Mar 1st & 2nd. I have help preparing few of my friends app (Submitted later) got test invite.
Should I be worried?!?
They are temporarily arranging test/interview in Regina on those 2 dates and almost everyone I know from here got test invite.
What could go wrong??
FYI, silly question...When I applied I accidentally paid twice due to glitch and submitted both receipt with explanation letter requesting ONE refund. Later discovered refund procedure and claimed one back. Is there something related to this for the delay???

Sorry for being sarcastic..but I am worried.....
Please advise....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Please advise...
First of all.... I know my app is well within time frame, every application is different etc. etc.

I am Oct 16th applicant from Regina, SK with very simple application (Straight forward 1540+ days, NOT common name, only two trip outside CA)
Almost all similar timeline applicant including applicants from later dates got test invites except me dated Mar 1st & 2nd. I have help preparing few of my friends app (Submitted later) got test invite.
Should I be worried?!?
They are temporarily arranging test/interview in Regina on those 2 dates and almost everyone I know from here got test invite.
What could go wrong??
FYI, silly question...When I applied I accidentally paid twice due to glitch and submitted both receipt with explanation letter requesting ONE refund. Later discovered refund procedure and claimed one back. Is there something related to this for the delay???

Please advise....
Call center agent advised me that in some cases test invites are sent out first, and then background checks are performed. While in other cases, it's the opposite. I'm guessing your application is undergoing background checks. My application is also going through the same thing, although I'm being processed in the GTA.

I also don't think your fee refund has anything to do with it.

Please refrain from comparing your case with others, especially when it comes to timing of test and oath invites. The

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016

Please advise...

Should I be worried?!?
What could go wrong??

Please advise....
Please call CIC call center to inquire about you application situation for their advise. Nothing else would work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niloy001

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hi, I kindly ask for the any input that might help me. Thank you in advance.

I have my passport stamps translations ready do I have to send a copy of it? if yes, where? local office or NS?

I forgot to include other names used in my application. I didnt remember about the document until I have to submit it for a visa purposes and it has other name on it. I used the document after submission of my application however the document was dated 2012. should I make a letter and let them know?

Thanks again.

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Do they require passport stamps that are in Spanish to be translated? Why is this forum the only place that I’ve read that? :(

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Do they require passport stamps that are in Spanish to be translated? Why is this forum the only place that I’ve read that? :(
The rule, which is clear in the information provided by IRCC, is to provide a translation for ALL documents containing information that is not in one of the official languages. Last I am aware, the only official languages in Canada are English and French. Not Spanish. Perhaps I do not understand the question.

Reminder: Instances of liberal or lenient enforcement (or even lax enforcement) of a rule should not be confused with what the rule is. Many have reported no problem, no request for a translation, despite their failure to present a translation for stamps not in one of the official languages. (Including me, and yes the language in a couple stamps in my passport was Spanish.) BUT again, that others and I report this DOES NOT illuminate the rule. It illustrates exceptions to the rule on a case by case basis. The rule is anything not in one of the official languages needs to be accompanied by a properly authenticated translation.

Hi, I kindly ask for the any input that might help me. Thank you in advance.
I have my passport stamps translations ready do I have to send a copy of it? if yes, where? local office or NS?
Not yet. Not unless IRCC has specifically asked for a full copy of the passport. Bring translation to test/interview.

Explanation:

Generally citizenship applicants only need to submit the biographical pages of the passport with an application. The fact that the passport has stamps with information which is not in one of the official languages is not relevant at this stage of the process.

Later in the process, all applicants (almost always) are required to present their complete passport during the documents-check-interview (at same time as test). This is when an applicant needs to present a properly authenticated translation of any stamps containing information which is not in one of the official languages. Not before. (Note: many report the rule is somewhat liberally enforced if there are few stamps and they are easily understood without a translation; risk of not having a properly authenticated translation is that the interviewer will request the applicant submit a translation which will result in some delay in the overall timeline.)

Additionally, sometimes an applicant is otherwise asked to submit complete copes of all passports; for example, applicants issued RQ or a PPQ - QAE, but sometimes this is a stand-alone request to an applicant. If the applicant receives any such request, for a full copy of his or her passports, those copies should be accompanied by a properly authenticated translation (if, of course, they contain stamps which have information not in one of the official languages).

I forgot to include other names used in my application. I didnt remember about the document until I have to submit it for a visa purposes and it has other name on it. I used the document after submission of my application however the document was dated 2012. should I make a letter and let them know?
Use the webform to make this correction. (See other posts about using the webform.) This is probably an important correction to make sooner rather than later, depending though on how different this other name is. The obligation is to inform IRCC of ALL names ever used. Including nick names, not just names appearing on official or formal documents. This is an important disclosure. Failure to disclose a name used on formal documents could be interpreted to be a serious omission. Correct soon.

The eligibility period for all applicants, now, is the full five years prior to the date the application for citizenship is made. Yes, all absences from Canada during during that five years must be disclosed in the presence calculator. Likewise, address history must be provided for that full five years. Work history too must be provided for the full five years.

Date of landing does not affect the obligation to provide this information for the full five years.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hello everyone. I just got the test invite (for 15th March), and also the fingerprint request at the same time. But the thing is I am outside Canada till 12th March (which is fine with the test date) and the fingerprint request says it has to be received by them in 30 days (by 3rd March). Is it fine if I send them email explaining my situation and requesting more time for fingerprints submission ? or is it possible to get fingerprints done from India.
Can anyone please suggest.
Also would be really appreciated if some one knows how to get them done from accredited agencies in India.
Your replies are eagerly awaited.