+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the test and interview at citizenship office. 19 out of 20, i am ok with that result. regarding next step, the officer said she will do a final review of the application. usually the case will be completed in 12 months, and the letter of citizenship ceremony should be received 2 weeks before the ceremony. She also asked me to notify the office if any travel plan in the near future so that they won't schedule anything for me. My basic impression is CIC is bureaucratic when they talk with clients. but hope they will finalize the case soon instead of waiting out 12 month standard.
Dont listen about notify them about ur travel plan. I did that. I inform them right after my test but still schedule me right in the middle of my vacation. So i end up cancelling it. I think they test u if u are willing to give up ur vacation rather than ur citizenship. Just saying.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Dont listen about notify them about ur travel plan. I did that. I inform them right after my test but still schedule me right in the middle of my vacation. So i end up cancelling it. I think they test u if u are willing to give up ur vacation rather than ur citizenship. Just saying.
I don't think they did that on purpose, otherwise why bother giving you the option to inform them to avoid scheduling test/oath during your vacation plans. Besides, it is not 100% guarantee that they will take your request just because you informed them. You may be one of the FEW that gotten bad timing due to lack of communication between from agent you spoke to and the agent who assigned your oath ceremony.

If they really want to test applicant's willingness to give up their vacation, they could have easily remove ability to inform them of any vacation time longer than 2 week. They can then schedule oaths/tests without any considerations about anyone's personal life.

BTW: The website specifically said to "Write a letter" to them to reschedule it. They need written proof of request. Otherwise it's your words against theirs. You will lose every time with IRCC.

What if I cannot attend my appointment with IRCC? Can I reschedule it?

Yes. If you are not available on the date and time of your appointment, write us a letter of explanation. Send this letter to the IRCC office that scheduled your original appointment. You can send this letter by mail, or online, using this Web form. We will reschedule your appointment on a different date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdotmem

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
For those who had Finger prints or who knows about finger print requests
is it required to check with RCMP and ask if its done and sent back to IRCC to make sure the processing is resumed? or asking can make them suspicious and spend more time investigating the back ground check ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
If you don't have any criminal record and submitted your fingerprints electronically, it takes only 3 days. The fourth day, you may send a message (to:
ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca) and ask about your file. They reply in an hour and confirm that they received your file, processed and forwarded it to Immigration Canada.

Did you also get background check request? I feel that I am the only one who got this request. It is really painful and expensive to collect dozens of papers! (letters from all employers, leases + letters from landlords, entry-exit records from your home country, its translations, translation of all the non EN-FR stamps, official transcripts from schools, records of properties and so on....). It will take more than a month to collect all the documents.

Reactions: Monmon24

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
If you don't have any criminal record and submitted your fingerprints electronically, it takes only 3 days. The fourth day, you may send a message (to:
ccrtis-scictr@rcmp-grc.gc.ca) and ask about your file. They reply in an hour and confirm that they received your file, processed and forwarded it to Immigration Canada.

Did you also get background check request? I feel that I am the only one who got this request. It is really painful and expensive to collect dozens of papers! (letters from all employers, leases + letters from landlords, entry-exit records from your home country, its translations, translation of all the non EN-FR stamps, official transcripts from schools, records of properties and so on....). It will take more than a month to collect all the documents.
No I got only finger print request .. But I was ready for any requests from the beginning I have all my papers ready .. the email is for RCMP but not for IRCC .. they wrote 3 days not 3 bussiness days but will wait 3 business days .. they said you have to have them done and received by 30 days from receiving the letter

was your request called Background check ? .. try to provide them the details as soon as possible to resume processing .. less than 30 days if they wrote 30 days other wise you risk your file to be neglected

Reactions: Voltron123

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I do not agree. I informed them early enough of two longer planned travels and they made sure test and oath were outside those travels.

I believe it is important to inform them early enough. When I did this it took them six weeks to acknowledge the receipt of my online form.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I hit the jackpot and received fingerprint and background check request!!! The mail ruined my evening. I have a question:
Has anyone received a FP request in Montreal? Where should I go? RCMP near my home or Accredited fingerprint companies? The website doesn't really give specific info about this.
Thank you in advance
Did you also get background check request? I feel that I am the only one who got this request. It is really painful and expensive to collect dozens of papers! (letters from all employers, leases + letters from landlords, entry-exit records from your home country, its translations, translation of all the non EN-FR stamps, official transcripts from schools, records of properties and so on....).
It appears you are another applicant who is a victim of the purportedly "random" Quality Assurance Exercise, pursuant to which the applicant is required to submit a broad range of documents related to work history, address history, travel history, in addition to completing a comprehensive physical presence questionnaire, which is CIT 0205. If what you received is titled "Physical Presence Questionnaire -- Quality Assurance Exercise," and it includes the CIT 0205 form in particular, you may be interested in joining the discussion in the topic titled: "RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205"

See, for example, posts there like the following:

As has been specified by other posters in this forum, this letter specifically states that "Your application was randomly selected for a special review exercise in connection with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada's (IRCC) Quality Assurance programme." The package that i have received includes:

- A covering letter
- Form CIT 0205 (05-2017) E - Physical Presence Questionnaire - Quality Assurance Exercise
- Appendix - Required Documents
- Request for fingerprints
- Request for a non-family member Canadian citizen as a reference who has known me for at least 2 years
- A consent form for a disclosure of the history of arrivals and departures in the Unites States

Speculatively, I am from a Visa except country and have travelled to the US through the land border several times during the eligible period (for single day meetings). In the list of required documents this consent for disclosure form is specifically refereed to as "Consent to I-94". This could, potentially, be one of the reasons for this process in the case of my application.

There is nothing particularly surprising in the list of requested documents:
- Colour photocopies of all pages of passports from the relevant period
- Entry/ Exit records issued be the countries of your citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) resident status other than Canada.
- Provincial / Territorial Personal Health Claims summary
The a longer list of other if scenarios and required paperwork for rentals, home ownership, studying, employment / benefits claims, business ownership / self employment, and professional association memberships.

I'll be happy to answer specific questions relating to these forms if it is of use, and I suspect shall shortly be asking some of my own!
If what you received is indeed the PPQ - QAE, including CIT 0205, it would be appreciated if you at least confirm this is what you received. So far 23 forum participants are identified in that topic as recipients of the PPQ - QAE and you would make 24.

Among other discussions in the other topic, there are a couple participants reporting being scheduled for the test. While just two reports is hardly enough to hang anyone's hat on how this process is going to go for others, let alone most, it does hint that so long as the applicant timely responds, the application may very well remain in the routine processing stream. IRCC has said this procedure should not delay an applicant's timeline much, which of course remains to be seen. But these reports are, at the least, offering hope.

vahid_smiler

Jan 1, 2014
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the entry-exit stamps in passport for the interview after the citizenship exam.
My exam and interview is scheduled for March 7. The calendar, the numbers and the alphabets in my home country is in a different format. I have traveled multiple times to my home country over the last 5 years and I think the officer may not understand the entry-exit stamps in my passport during the interview. Should I translate the stamps and have them during the interview? Have anyone had the same experience?

Thanks

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi All,

I have a question regarding the entry-exit stamps in passport for the interview after the citizenship exam.
My exam and interview is scheduled for March 7. The calendar, the numbers and the alphabets in my home country is in a different format. I have traveled multiple times to my home country over the last 5 years and I think the officer may not understand the entry-exit stamps in my passport during the interview. Should I translate the stamps and have them during the interview? Have anyone had the same experience?

Thanks
If it's not clear where those stamps are from or if they are entry or exit stamps, I would get them translated before my test. If the officer doesn't know what to look for in the passport, you don't want any delays right? That's just my thinking..

Reactions: vahid_smiler

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi All,

Thanks
Standard IRCC policy calls for any document not in one of the official languages to be accompanied by a proper translation. This policy is reflected numerous times in the Guide for citizenship applications. The correspondence you received should also make reference to bringing translations for any documents not in one of the official languages.

There is no doubt about the rule. The rule is to provide a properly authenticated translation.

There have been many reports that IRCC (and CIC before it) have been flexible if not overtly lenient, meaning the requirement to have a translation for any information not in an official language is not always strictly enforced. BUT there are also many reports illustrating it is enforced for many applicants.

Most indicators suggest that when there is information in a passport such as you describe, it is more likely IRCC will enforce the requirement to provide a translation.

Reactions: vahid_smiler

rightstalk

Dec 20, 2016
It appears you are another applicant who is a victim of the purportedly "random" Quality Assurance Exercise, pursuant to which the applicant is required to submit a broad range of documents related to work history, address history, travel history, in addition to completing a comprehensive physical presence questionnaire, which is CIT 0205. If what you received is titled "Physical Presence Questionnaire -- Quality Assurance Exercise," and it includes the CIT 0205 form in particular, you may be interested in joining the discussion in the topic titled: "RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205"

See, for example, posts there like the following:

If what you received is indeed the PPQ - QAE, including CIT 0205, it would be appreciated if you at least confirm this is what you received. So far 23 forum participants are identified in that topic as recipients of the PPQ - QAE and you would make 24.

Among other discussions in the other topic, there are a couple participants reporting being scheduled for the test. While just two reports is hardly enough to hang anyone's hat on how this process is going to go for others, let alone most, it does hint that so long as the applicant timely responds, the application may very well remain in the routine processing stream. IRCC has said this procedure should not delay an applicant's timeline much, which of course remains to be seen. But these reports are, at the least, offering hope.
I think having too many Quality Assurance checks is normal. I work for public service too and we have to check quality assurance on every 20th one on the serial. I believe CIC also have similar checks. As the number of application increased they are reaching the 20th pretty fast.

Reactions: salimnw

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
Dear spreadsheet admins, please update my line on the November 2017 sheet, line 245.
In process ecas: February 12, 2018

Thank you!

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Hey Guys, just a question:
During my interview after the test, the officer reviewed the entry/exit stamps on my passport (I had the translation as well) , and told me that they have to contact Border control to check for any discrepancies before DM.
Is this normal? How long does such process take?