+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Could you please help me for Q # 11 for citizenship application?
Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period.
if the person is unemployed for several periods, can she keep the following fields blank?
Name of contact, Phone number, and email address
Nothing should be blank for sure. I would say 'Unemployed' and then N/A for the contact details.

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Please update:
Received Test invite 12 Feb
Test/interview date 6 Mar

Thanks!

hi aquareo, great to see a Brampton applicant getting the invite :), hopefully this signifies all of our applications may be around the corner :)

Could you please tell us if you received it via email or post

Congratulations again :)

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Thank you boateng and razerblade! Received it via email. Good luck to one and all. Y’all almost there...

hi aquareo, great to see a Brampton applicant getting the invite :), hopefully this signifies all of our applications may be around the corner :)

Could you please tell us if you received it via email or post

Congratulations again :)

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Thank you boateng and razerblade! Received it via email. Good luck to one and all. Y’all almost there...
hi aquareo,

just one more question, where is the test centre in brampton?

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Just finished the test and interview at citizenship office. 19 out of 20, i am ok with that result. regarding next step, the officer said she will do a final review of the application. usually the case will be completed in 12 months, and the letter of citizenship ceremony should be received 2 weeks before the ceremony. She also asked me to notify the office if any travel plan in the near future so that they won't schedule anything for me. My basic impression is CIC is bureaucratic when they talk with clients. but hope they will finalize the case soon instead of waiting out 12 month standard.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Just finished the test and interview at citizenship office. 19 out of 20, i am ok with that result. regarding next step, the officer said she will do a final review of the application. usually the case will be completed in 12 months, and the letter of citizenship ceremony should be received 2 weeks before the ceremony. She also asked me to notify the office if any travel plan in the near future so that they won't schedule anything for me. My basic impression is CIC is bureaucratic when they talk with clients. but hope they will finalize the case soon instead of waiting out 12 month standard.
I hear your frustration! Your application went through like rocket and they stuck you at the end sounds disappointing. Everyone in your place would feel the same! I hope they will be able to finalized your application in due times and meet your exception!

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
For those who had Finger prints or who knows about finger print requests
is it required to check with RCMP and ask if its done and sent back to IRCC to make sure the processing is resumed? or asking can make them suspicious and spend more time investigating the back ground check ?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question 9c on the application form wants you to complete the 'residence outside canada form' if you lived outside canada during your eligibility period.
My concern is that non of the questions on the residence outside canada form applies to my spouse. Should I just fill her name and print and sign? Does anyone have experience with this?
If conditions do not apply then answer NO to the question even though your spouse has lived outside Canada. Attach a small explanation letter stating that although application has lived outside Canada but conditions do no apply so answered the question as a NO.

I did the same for myslef and my wife. Our applications are already In Process.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am applying for my minor kids along with my application for citizenship.Please help me for following queries.

1.Do both parents need to sign on kids application form,though only one of them is applying for citizenship along with kids.

2.Documents check list for kids ask for 2 pieces of child personal identification one being photo ID - What docs would qualify in for ID.

3.Photo copies of biographical pages of passport need to be submitted-- Do we need to send photocopies of pages where stamps and visa were put in by immigration authorities.

4. With regard to question 9 C for adults which ask -- If u have lived outside Canada during eligibility period then do we click on yes or no. I have lived outside Canada for 510 days during eligibility period , so do I say yes or no.I had asked this question on this forum and someone replied click yes and fill form CIT 0177 and say NA.

I had called CIC and agent said click No for 9 C as it is for people who worked as crown servants, but somewhere on this forum I had read that if you click, No ,your application would be returned.
1. Both parents should sign.

2. You have to attach Landing Paper, PR Card, Passport copy, and Birth Certificate for minor. Along with that attach Health Card and school record (if available).

3. Biographical pages only.

4. If conditions do not apply then answer NO to the question even though your spouse has lived outside Canada. Attach a small explanation letter stating that although application has lived outside Canada but conditions do no apply so answered the question as a NO. I did the same for myslef and my wife. Our applications are already In Process.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you please help me for Q # 11 for citizenship application?
Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period.
if the person is unemployed for several periods, can she keep the following fields blank?
Name of contact, Phone number, and email address
Put N/A (Not Applicable)