+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all. Today me and my wife took the citizenship test and passed it :) Just wanted to let you guys know about our experience.

The test was in Ottawa at 10:15 AM and we got there around 20 mins before but could not find a parking spot. By the time we got a parking spot and walked to the test center, it was about 10:23. Thankfully there was no issue. We stood in a line where they checked our id's and gave us the answer sheet and showed us in the test room. The test was started for all at the same time around 10:45 AM. The test was not too difficult but you really have to read the study guide. I got 18/20.

After the test we waited in another room for the interview. About 10-15 min later we were called in a room for interview. The citizenship officer was very polite and she checked all the original documents that were attached as part of our application. Our passports had some entry/exit stamps in arabic and she asked for the translation which we didnt had. She advised us to send the translations of the stamps within 30 days and said that once she gets them, she will approve the case. The oath ceremony letter will be mailed within two months of approval of the application.

Best of luck to all for their tests..
Congratulations for the test & interview and good luck for quick oath.

I have a question; did officer ask to translate stamps falling throughout the eligibility period or the stamps falling after landing?

khokharzee

Oct 25, 2011
Hello,

Does THIS PASSPORT STAMP need to be translated? I have a few of them as my family is from Dubai and I have traveled back and forth a few times since moving to Toronto.

Thank you.
Dubai stamps have both arabic and english on their stamps. You dont need translation for them. I think the only stamps in middle east that requires translation is from Saudi Arabia as they are completely in arabic with Hijri calendar dates.

khokharzee

Oct 25, 2011
Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Did you submit stamps translations With the applications or not?
I also have some Arab countries stamps on my passports but I submitted the translation with the application and I don't have another copy of it.
Will they ask for translation even if they have one?
I did not submit the translation with the application. They will have your complete file. If you have already submitted them you probably wont need them again.

khokharzee

Oct 25, 2011
Don't dwell much on stamps, thy are not reliable. I had it much worse when officer stamped the wrong year during my entry back to Canada. If they need proof of residence, they ask for other proper documentation

I had stamps on stamps, upon another stamp - so tough that even I couldn't tell what happened and I am the one who travelled

The citizenship officer needs to see them to verify the time you spent outside. Based on my experience and my brother-in-law, they check your passport stamps and ask for translation if they are completely in another language.

khokharzee

Oct 25, 2011
Congratulations for the test & interview and good luck for quick oath.

I have a question; did officer ask to translate stamps falling throughout the eligibility period or the stamps falling after landing?
She asked for translation of all the stamps that are in the passports that fall in the eligibility period. If your passport was valid in the eligibility period, you need translation of all the stamps that are on that passport even if they are outside your eligibility period. I specifically asked my officer about this. Also you will only need translation for stamps that are completely in another language. If they have both english and another language then you dont need the translation as she verified my stamps from UAE which were both in arabic and english.

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hello all. Today me and my wife took the citizenship test and passed it :) Just wanted to let you guys know about our experience.

The test was in Ottawa at 10:15 AM and we got there around 20 mins before but could not find a parking spot. By the time we got a parking spot and walked to the test center, it was about 10:23. Thankfully there was no issue. We stood in a line where they checked our id's and gave us the answer sheet and showed us in the test room. The test was started for all at the same time around 10:45 AM. The test was not too difficult but you really have to read the study guide. I got 18/20.

After the test we waited in another room for the interview. About 10-15 min later we were called in a room for interview. The citizenship officer was very polite and she checked all the original documents that were attached as part of our application. Our passports had some entry/exit stamps in arabic and she asked for the translation which we didnt had. She advised us to send the translations of the stamps within 30 days and said that once she gets them, she will approve the case. The oath ceremony letter will be mailed within two months of approval of the application.

Best of luck to all for their tests..
Hi, the interview was together? I mean you and your wife at the same time?

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Did my citizenship test yesterday in Calgary office. Got 20/20, test and interview took an hour and 15minutes. Test was easy and officer only asked for my Pr card, driver's license, copr and passports. It was very smooth and easy. Checked ECAS today and status is Decision Made and now just waiting for oath taking.
Kindly update spreadsheet. Thank you
We need COPR when doing the test? I can't remember what I did with mine :(

NonaArso

Dec 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Does THIS PASSPORT STAMP need to be translated? I have a few of them as my family is from Dubai and I have traveled back and forth a few times since moving to Toronto.

Thank you.
I used this translation office https://www.translationcts.com
They are professional and affordable compared to other translation offices, to see the rating and reviews of this office, you can search Ilham Tamari, she's the owner and the translator.

Good Luck!

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Don't dwell much on stamps, thy are not reliable. I had it much worse when officer stamped the wrong year during my entry back to Canada. If they need proof of residence, they ask for other proper documentation

I had stamps on stamps, upon another stamp - so tough that even I couldn't tell what happened and I am the one who travelled
"stamped the wrong year during my entry back to Canada." Just highlighting. As the officer made a mistake in my driving license and the other officer made a mistake in my OHIP. The explanation is always "we are human"

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
The citizenship officer needs to see them to verify the time you spent outside. Based on my experience and my brother-in-law, they check your passport stamps and ask for translation if they are completely in another language.
This is if they go in extra scrutiny, not a general app. Not all stamps are clear on the passport either, I had mine fade as well but their concern is eligibility ie., stay in Canada which can be proved by docs proving you were here