+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

antonette28

Mar 17, 2016
you need to change your last name first, if you have marriage certificate, you can simply go to SGI they can change your driver's license and then you can change your other IDs
But i already submitted my application last tuesday and i just realized that I answered it wrongly i should have put to question legal name change NO rather than YES. What should i do. Any ideas. Thanks

khokharzee

Oct 25, 2011
Hello all. Today me and my wife took the citizenship test and passed it :) Just wanted to let you guys know about our experience.

The test was in Ottawa at 10:15 AM and we got there around 20 mins before but could not find a parking spot. By the time we got a parking spot and walked to the test center, it was about 10:23. Thankfully there was no issue. We stood in a line where they checked our id's and gave us the answer sheet and showed us in the test room. The test was started for all at the same time around 10:45 AM. The test was not too difficult but you really have to read the study guide. I got 18/20.

After the test we waited in another room for the interview. About 10-15 min later we were called in a room for interview. The citizenship officer was very polite and she checked all the original documents that were attached as part of our application. Our passports had some entry/exit stamps in arabic and she asked for the translation which we didnt had. She advised us to send the translations of the stamps within 30 days and said that once she gets them, she will approve the case. The oath ceremony letter will be mailed within two months of approval of the application.

Best of luck to all for their tests..

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Is Saskatoon office is shutting down? on strike? or any earthquake happened? lol
Sorry, frustrated as some others. I do see absolutely NO movement from that office except few isolated test invite.
Looks like they go on sleep and wake up for few days in a month!!

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
Is Saskatoon office is shutting down? on strike? or any earthquake happened? lol
Sorry, frustrated as some others. I do see absolutely NO movement from that office except few isolated test invite.
Looks like they go on sleep and wake up for few days in a month!!
they are working but slowly, i got my test invite on Jan 11th and the online ECASE still no update, still 3 lines till in process,

Reactions: Niloy001

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
But i already submitted my application last tuesday and i just realized that I answered it wrongly i should have put to question legal name change NO rather than YES. What should i do. Any ideas. Thanks
i honestly do not know, sorry about that

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello all. Today me and my wife took the citizenship test and passed it :) Just wanted to let you guys know about our experience.

The test was in Ottawa at 10:15 AM and we got there around 20 mins before but could not find a parking spot. By the time we got a parking spot and walked to the test center, it was about 10:23. Thankfully there was no issue. We stood in a line where they checked our id's and gave us the answer sheet and showed us in the test room. The test was started for all at the same time around 10:45 AM. The test was not too difficult but you really have to read the study guide. I got 18/20.

After the test we waited in another room for the interview. About 10-15 min later we were called in a room for interview. The citizenship officer was very polite and she checked all the original documents that were attached as part of our application. Our passports had some entry/exit stamps in arabic and she asked for the translation which we didnt had. She advised us to send the translations of the stamps within 30 days and said that once she gets them, she will approve the case. The oath ceremony letter will be mailed within two months of approval of the application.

Congratulations! I am from the Middle East as well and I do have some stamps on the passport that are in Arabic. Where can you/will you get them translated?

Anyone know an institution in Toronto and the GTA that can have them transalated?

Thank you.

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Congratulations! I am from the Middle East as well and I do have some stamps on the passport that are in Arabic. Where can you/will you get them translated?

Anyone know an institution in Toronto and the GTA that can have them transalated?

Thank you.
I have some stamp to translate too and I inquire from two company
www.docsbase.ca and www.taontario.ca

I find docsbase.ca is cheaper I will do mine soon.

Last edited:

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello,

Does THIS PASSPORT STAMP need to be translated? I have a few of them as my family is from Dubai and I have traveled back and forth a few times since moving to Toronto.

Thank you.

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Did you submit stamps translations With the applications or not?
I also have some Arab countries stamps on my passports but I submitted the translation with the application and I don't have another copy of it.
Will they ask for translation even if they have one?

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
they are working but slowly, i got my test invite on Jan 11th and the online ECASE still no update, still 3 lines till in process,
Hi. Was your test invite by email or regular mail? Cheers!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hello,

Does THIS PASSPORT STAMP need to be translated? I have a few of them as my family is from Dubai and I have traveled back and forth a few times since moving to Toronto.

Thank you.
Don't dwell much on stamps, thy are not reliable. I had it much worse when officer stamped the wrong year during my entry back to Canada. If they need proof of residence, they ask for other proper documentation

I had stamps on stamps, upon another stamp - so tough that even I couldn't tell what happened and I am the one who travelled

solea05

Oct 18, 2011
Did my citizenship test yesterday in Calgary office. Got 20/20, test and interview took an hour and 15minutes. Test was easy and officer only asked for my Pr card, driver's license, copr and passports. It was very smooth and easy. Checked ECAS today and status is Decision Made and now just waiting for oath taking.
Kindly update spreadsheet. Thank you

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Did my citizenship test yesterday in Calgary office. Got 20/20, test and interview took an hour and 15minutes. Test was easy and officer only asked for my Pr card, driver's license, copr and passports. It was very smooth and easy. Checked ECAS today and status is Decision Made and now just waiting for oath taking.
Congrats, good luck

Reactions: solea05

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Congrats, how hard the exam was? And is reading the book 2 times enough to pass the exam easily ?!

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Hi how did you get FP request, was it in the post mail or e-mail. Was it updated in your eCAS account page. Thank in advance.
We got it by mail and I have not seen any update on my eCas and I don’t even know if there should be an update on ECas? Do they update the eCas when they get the FP?