+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

jefanima08

Nov 23, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if it is normal to have the exam on a saturday? Noone on the spreadsheet have had on a saturday so that makes me wonder.

alvarorossa1

Nov 29, 2017
I think it is normal. May I know when the line 3 of your minor is added? Before line 3 was added, the first page of her ecas show "Application received" or "In process"?
I am not sure when it get updated, I was not checking her account regular, I saw it yesterday but it might have updated in the last week anytime since last I checked like 7-10 days ago.

Originally there were 2 lines:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November X, 2017.

Then they add 3'rd line. I assume line 2 is template as minor is not required to do test/interview. Not sure what's happening.
I received test date only for me, which is expected.

Reactions: Ontario150

alvarorossa1

Nov 29, 2017
Same thing with me with my minor application, except I have not received test invite so far. I hope this is normal process since minor application processed based on Adult application file decision.
So the 3rd line "We started processing your application on" , the date differs on your ecas vs when you check for the minor?

theskyisblue

Jan 24, 2018
Hello All,

I had my application for citizenship in already and status is in process but i got a job in another province and moved three weeks ago. I still own the house with the address i used for my application in my home province and would like to continue to use it for the entire process. Though i have changed jobs and renting in the new province but my house is still my permanent address. I still have access to my mailbox and have someone checking my mails regularly. Do you think this will be an issue during the interview process? I am hoping i get a test invite soon given all the responses lately.

Application received Oct 16 2017
In process November 27th, 2017
Test invite: ???
Single applicant.

tallapu

Jan 23, 2018
I got an email for the test interview and the letter said to bring filled " Prohibitions Form "
Can some one help me what is this form all about

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Why is Edmonton office so quiet !!

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017
Quick question can l submit my high school diploma that l did online from ICS international career school of Canada as proof of English l did the course for 2 years. Will it be accepted please advice accordingly. Thank you

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017
Did anyone apply from Fort Mcmurray? When is our test, interview and Ceremony? I know from previous applicant that they do all three in 3 days...... Did anyone from Fort Mcmurray got an invitation ?

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I have a question,

How test centers are assigned? I am a Toronto resident, but my mailing address is of Hamilton. I haven;t got test invite yet, but just wondering. Thanks

antonette28

Mar 17, 2016
Hi i need help. Please message me or comment here. I just submitted my canadian citizenship application and I put under the name change that i did legal name change.i wanted to change my last name and use my husband's last name. So i submitted my marriage certificate from philippines. Will they acknowledge the last name change? Or will they return my application back? Because all my passport, ID are still my maiden name? Do i need to go firsto to service canada and change my last name? I am so confused now because i just realized today that they migjt not avknowledge it since all my documents are still on my maiden name.