+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Hi All, I did my fingerprints today at Calgary so please do you know how long does it take to be sent to IRCC?
Also while doing the fingerprints the clerk showed me the screen to check if my name and DOB is correct and I found out a spelling mistake so she corrected it and had to do some process to ensure the system has the correct information. This made me so worried that maybe there are more errors made by her which I don’t know!! Luckily I checked by my eyes that she entered the right UCI & application number. Also she passed my driving license through a device which I don’t know (maybe scanner?).
Is it possible that they can make errors in the fingerprints which can delay our fingerprints? Or they rely on UCI? They rely on our documents? Human error is always a possibility
Would you please advise if you have any information?

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
Hi All, I did my fingerprints today at Calgary so please do you know how long does it take to be sent to IRCC?
Also while doing the fingerprints the clerk showed me the screen to check if my name and DOB is correct and I found out a spelling mistake so she corrected it and had to do some process to ensure the system has the correct information. This made me so worried that maybe there are more errors made by her which I don’t know!! Luckily I checked by my eyes that she entered the right UCI & application number. Also she passed my driving license through a device which I don’t know (maybe scanner?).
Is it possible that they can make errors in the fingerprints which can delay our fingerprints? Or they rely on UCI? They rely on our documents? Human error is always a possibility
Would you please advise if you have any information?
Hi,

I did my finger prints on Jan 10th.. checked yesterday with RCMP and they confirmed that the result was mailed to IRCC next day on Jan 11th.. so I called IRCC today to douple check and they confirmed that they received it and the system was updated "Today" that I passed this step and to wait for next step which I beleive is the test invite !
According to RCMP website; finger prints might take 3 business days or less if there is "NO MATCH" add to it the mailing process which might take another week.. So I would say in total 10 days if everything went smooth.

Reactions: migrant-seeker

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Question folks...has anyone used their Diploma or Higher education certificate to show English proficiency..it is mentioned as a option but all my friends have taken Celpip...my thought is if I can use something I already have what is the point of spending another $200 on a test. Waiting to hear something on this and if someone used this option some pointers might be helpful..thanks in advance
Yes I did and it worked. Sent in my BA degree from an UK university and the transcript and that was fine.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello.
Got my exam 2 days ago and ECAS shows DM this morning! :)
Please update the spreadsheet.

Now, the last waiting game begins... :D

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Hi,

I did my finger prints on Jan 10th.. checked yesterday with RCMP and they confirmed that the result was mailed to IRCC next day on Jan 11th.. so I called IRCC today to douple check and they confirmed that they received it and the system was updated "Today" that I passed this step and to wait for next step which I beleive is the test invite !
According to RCMP website; finger prints might take 3 business days or less if there is "NO MATCH" add to it the mailing process which might take another week.. So I would say in total 10 days if everything went smooth.
Thank you so much. Please can you share the phone number for RCMP to call for a follow up? Do they need any tracking number for them to check my report?

SimK

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1211, 6314
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2014
Med's Request
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-06-2015
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
07-14-2015
In process january 17
App sent october 12
Received october 13
aor december 8

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
Hello.
Got my exam 2 days ago and ECAS shows DM this morning! :)
Please update the spreadsheet.

Now, the last waiting game begins... :D
congrats, can you please share how did you prepare for the test? like which website or app did you use to practice questions? i have went through the book twice and still feel not confident enough? will they test you based on which province you live? thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
congrats, can you please share how did you prepare for the test? like which website or app did you use to practice questions? i have went through the book twice and still feel not confident enough? will they test you based on which province you live? thanks
Thanks ! :)

I went through the following tests :
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

They're definitely useful, but reading the book thouroughly is a must. I came into one or 2 questions I haven't seen in any website.
No need to worry about the questions specific to your province, you already know who your provincial PM is. Just google the name of your lieutenant governor and you're set :)

RajEd

Oct 8, 2017
I am an October applicant, Aor Dec. 05, In process, Jan. 05 - now I am getting the following in my status? Did anyone had the similar? Please advise.
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am an October applicant, Aor Dec. 05, In process, Jan. 05 - now I am getting the following in my status? Did anyone had the similar? Please advise.
  1. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Likely fingerprint request.