+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I would like to know if somebody gets fingerprints request, can he take few weeks before sending them, if he is outside of canada when receiving the request
Note, the applicant has at least a few weeks (few generally meaning two or three) to get the FPs taken, since the typical FP request instructs the applicant to have FPs taken within 30 days (a bit more than four weeks). So yes, of course, the applicant can take a few weeks, up to four, to get FPs taken and submitted.

While it is important to timely respond to the Finger Print request, IRCC is probably at least a little flexible, meaning it is probably no big deal if the applicant fails to submit the FPs precisely within the time prescribed in the FP request. BUT of course there is always some risk in failing to timely respond to IRCC requests.

Otherwise, as noted, the applicant has at least a few weeks to get the FPs taken, since the typical FP request instructs the applicant to have FPs taken within 30 days, so as long as the trip abroad was for less than two weeks, the applicant should have little problem getting the FPs taken timely. If the applicant's trip abroad is for more than two weeks, the applicant should be able to send IRCC notice that the FPs will be taken and submitted promptly upon returning to Canada consistent with the NOTICE the applicant gave IRCC (before leaving Canada) about plans to be abroad for more than two weeks.

If the applicant is abroad for longer than two weeks and did not give IRCC notice of that before leaving Canada, that's obviously a bit more sticky. The applicant may want to make a concerted effort to return to Canada as soon as feasible and have the FPs taken as soon as feasible. If that cannot be done close to the thirty day time frame allowed (or whatever the FP request to the applicant in particular states is the time frame), the applicant will want to research how to avoid having the application deemed abandoned.

As is oft observed, there are risks attendant going abroad while an application is pending; the most common risks are associated with failing to respond or appear timely following a notice or communication or request from IRCC.

The potential consequences are not limited to having the application deemed abandoned. Even if the applicant can avoid having the application deemed abandoned, there are indications that extended periods of time abroad, particularly if the applicant fails to timely respond or appear, can trigger elevated scrutiny, further non-routine processing, and potentially a full blown RQ.

algonquin

May 1, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Passport Req..
feb 2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
Hi

Line no 566

Status update to “in process” on 4 Jan 2018

Pls update and tHanks for the same

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Note, the applicant has at least a few weeks (few generally meaning two or three) to get the FPs taken, since the typical FP request instructs the applicant to have FPs taken within 30 days (a bit more than four weeks). So yes, of course, the applicant can take a few weeks, up to four, to get FPs taken and submitted.

While it is important to timely respond to the Finger Print request, IRCC is probably at least a little flexible, meaning it is probably no big deal if the applicant fails to submit the FPs precisely within the time prescribed in the FP request. BUT of course there is always some risk in failing to timely respond to IRCC requests.

Otherwise, as noted, the applicant has at least a few weeks to get the FPs taken, since the typical FP request instructs the applicant to have FPs taken within 30 days, so as long as the trip abroad was for less than two weeks, the applicant should have little problem getting the FPs taken timely. If the applicant's trip abroad is for more than two weeks, the applicant should be able to send IRCC notice that the FPs will be taken and submitted promptly upon returning to Canada consistent with the NOTICE the applicant gave IRCC (before leaving Canada) about plans to be abroad for more than two weeks.

If the applicant is abroad for longer than two weeks and did not give IRCC notice of that before leaving Canada, that's obviously a bit more sticky. The applicant may want to make a concerted effort to return to Canada as soon as feasible and have the FPs taken as soon as feasible. If that cannot be done close to the thirty day time frame allowed (or whatever the FP request to the applicant in particular states is the time frame), the applicant will want to research how to avoid having the application deemed abandoned.

As is oft observed, there are risks attendant going abroad while an application is pending; the most common risks are associated with failing to respond or appear timely following a notice or communication or request from IRCC.

The potential consequences are not limited to having the application deemed abandoned. Even if the applicant can avoid having the application deemed abandoned, there are indications that extended periods of time abroad, particularly if the applicant fails to timely respond or appear, can trigger elevated scrutiny, further non-routine processing, and potentially a full blown RQ.
Thank you ! It will be a 2 weeks trip

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Finally, AoR received for 4 out of 5 applicants. My wife's AoR did not come as yet.

I originally sent application in October which they received on 19th October. The whole application set was returned on 27th Nov saying that my kids two IDs are not there. I resent the application which they received on 01 Dec. Today (07 Jan) I received the AoR.

Hopefully, it will be smooth drive from here onwards and eventually we will get passports and a very long journey (almost 11 years ) will come to an end.

Admin, please update the spreadsheet.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Congradulations, when did you resend the app? I have updated the AOR date on the SS
Finally, AoR received for 4 out of 5 applicants. My wife's AoR did not come as yet.

I originally sent application in October which they received on 19th October. The whole application set was returned on 27th Nov saying that my kids two IDs are not there. I resent the application which they received on 01 Dec. Today (07 Jan) I received the AoR.

Hopefully, it will be smooth drive from here onwards and eventually we will get passports and a very long journey (almost 11 years ) will come to an end.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You got AOR on sunday?

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Congradulations, when did you resend the app? I have updated the AOR date on the SS
I resent on the same day, i.e. 27th Nov. By the way, my wife also received AoR on her own email address.

wak009

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2013
Nomination.....
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
13-05-2013
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Why was your application returned, how log it took to return the application?

Thanks,
Justin
It was returned as they did not find two IDs for the kids (although they were included).
Originally sent: 16 Oct, they received it on 19th Oct
Got the app returned on 27th Nov (it was dated 22nd Nov)
Resent application 27th Nov they received it on Dec 1st

justinline

May 19, 2009
It was returned as they did not find two IDs for the kids (although they were included).
Originally sent: 16 Oct, they received it on 19th Oct
Got the app returned on 27th Nov (it was dated 22nd Nov)
Resent application 27th Nov they received it on Dec 1st
Don't they just need one ID after Oct 11. I just sent one.

Thanks,
Justin

kl_king

Oct 20, 2017
Good morning, someone may wish to note that I received the RQ (for QA) form along with FP request etc. The letter was dated the 14th December, post marked 18th.