+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Did the update on ECAS say something more like.."We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXX"? If not, then that's probably why you didn't get their email yet. But at least it's a confirmation of some sort that they received your application :)
Line (2) was added today but no email yet :(

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi Guys,

It seems my application is lost. I contacted my MP last week as i received no AOR. My Application was delivered on Oct 27th.
Today i received a reply from IRCC. Here is the text

Good day XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We understand your concern and we can certainly help clarify the process for you.

We have verified the information you have provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

• To find out the estimated processing times for applications submitted within Canada:
  • For applications submitted to an overseas visa office:
    • you will be able to access the status of your application through e-CAS once it has been entered into our system and you have received correspondence from the visa office.
    • for applications for permanent residence, this process can take 6 to 8 weeks.
  • If you sent your application by traceable means (express post, courier, registered mail):
o you may verify the reception date at the office by contacting the postal service provider.

Therefore, in order to assist you further, we invite you to resend your request in the near future using the IRCC Web form.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Micheline, Agent 4068
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Reactions: anasja2000

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

It seems my application is lost. I contacted my MP last week as i received no AOR. My Application was delivered on Oct 27th.

Good day XXXXXXXXXXX,

We understand your concern and we can certainly help clarify the process for you.

We have verified the information you have provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

• To find out the estimated processing times for applications submitted within Canada:
    • you will be able to access the status of your application through e-CAS once it has been entered into our system and you have received correspondence from the visa office.
  • If you sent your application by traceable means (express post, courier, registered mail):
o you may verify the reception date at the office by contacting the postal service provider.

Therefore, in order to assist you further, we invite you to resend your request in the near future using the IRCC Web form.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Micheline, Agent 4068
www.cic.gc.ca

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
same here, wait no more reapply

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi Guys,

Good day XXXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Micheline, Agent 4068
www.cic.gc.ca

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

I also sent a web inquiry as mentioned in this email. on 20th Dec. Should i wait for reply or resend my application?

Thanks

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
New User:
Citizenship Application
Application Sent: November 3rd 2017
Application Arrived: November 9th, 2017
AOR: December 28th 2017
Ecas access provided on: December 29th 2017
City: Toronto

Last edited:

Outlander2012

Dec 29, 2017
New User Update Plz
Application sent: December 12
Application Received: December 15
this is the 2nd application the 1st one was received on October 25 but returned on Dec 4th for missing a 2nd ID for the child
Family of 3
Days:1510
City Calgary

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Reactions: irnbru16

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
New User:
Citizenship Application
Application Sent: November 3rd 2017
Application Arrived: November 9th, 2017
AOR: December 28th 2017
In Process Ecas: December 29th 2017
City: Toronto
"In Process Ecas" actually means that your status on ECAS changed to "In Process". I assume you meant that you're now able to access ECAS on Dec 29, and your status is "Application Received".

Added to the sheet. Can you also share your application type (single/family of how many), and # physical presence days ?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

Good day XXXXXXXXXXX,

Thanks
This is a generic email. I got two of this emails. If you are thinking of sending another application I would say try not to. You should wait 12 weeks before sending another one. My first application was 13th October and no news yet. I also sent 2nd application and a month has passed but no news. I have called and email to IRCC many many times !! what I learned was I should have wait 12 weeks before sending another one.

Reactions: anasja2000

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update. I still haven't received my AOR yet. Applied on Oct 11th - one of the first applicants and I still havent gotten it. I figure since mine was one of the first apps they probably threw it in the bottom of the container and all the others went on top of it. then they started opening them from the top. Such a shame that CIC operate this way. typical gov inefficiencies.

Then when I tried calling them the phone system is confusing as hell and just gave up. Looks like I wont have my AOR this year. Ecas is showing nothing either. ugh...

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I’m an Oct 17 applicant.. and I finally received AOR today at 2:56pm.. It been very frustrating but its better now than never.. im glad I didn’t submit a second application.
Good luck to the rest of you.. just wait, be patient and enjoy your holiday. You’ll get yours soon too.

Please update my info