+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Guys,
What happen If the test date happen to be on a day when am out of country for any reason?
Does re-scheduling cause problems?
I believe you will need to provide an acceptable reason and evidence to IRCC if you won't be around for the test or oath. It can be re-scheduled, however it may not be quick and may result in delays to your application.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Canadian citizenship applications surge after government relaxes language, residency rules
17,500 applications filed in week after requirements revised, compared with 3,653 in an average week

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
New User:
Citizenship Application
Application Sent: Oct 12 2017
Application Arrived: Oct 16, 2017
AOR: Nov 19, 2017
In Process: Dec 04, 2017
City: Vancouver

Can someone update the spreadsheet please? thank you.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Already did and nada :(
If you haven't received AOR email and can log in to ECAS then that means they have received your application. You can contact IRCC and ask them if they can provide you with your application # over the phone if not then you can order GCMS under privacy act to know your app #. But if UCI works why worry. :)

Reactions: dizzy007

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, may be I m wrong but as per my understanding after reading some posts on forum people are checking status without getting AOR email
Yes, somehow they didn't receive AOR, so they don't have application #. So they used UCI# to log in to ECAS. You can try same too no harm in that.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everyone, my application was sent on October 17th, received on 23rd. I just checked my ECAS ( which is part of my daily routine) and it shows " We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017." It's a big relief... however I have not received an email yet. Any thoughts or similar cases ? Thank you !
Did the update on ECAS say something more like.."We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXX"? If not, then that's probably why you didn't get their email yet. But at least it's a confirmation of some sort that they received your application :)

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
YES! :)

Please update my status. AOR received 9:41am EST

Sent: Nov 08th 2017
Received: Nov 10th 2017
AOR: Dec 29th 2017

Thanks!

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Citizenship Application
Application Sent: Dec 21, 2017
Application Arrived: Dec 29, 2017
AOR:
In Process:
City: London
Applicants: Single
Physical presence:1143

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Letter:

December XX, 2017

UCI: XXXX-XXXX
Application: XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
XXX XXXXX XX
XXXXX XXXX XX XXXX XXX
XXXXXX

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will invite you to a knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.

Some of the requirements for Canadian citizenship changed. These new changes provide more flexibility for applicants in meeting citizenship requirements and as your application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, NS on or after that date, it will be assessed based on the new requirements of the Citizenship Act. To learn more about the new citizenship eligibility requirements, please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they signed their application must meet language and knowledge requirements:

• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada study guide.

• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/index.asp.

• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you are encouraged to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the knowledge requirement and to assist in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare for the test.

It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number). Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:

1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Citizenship Program (Grants) Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000 Sydney NS B1P 7C2