+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

SLEO

Jan 15, 2010
Niagara Falls, Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
I got my application back again (2nd time) on 15th of December, reason was wife IELTS was Academic instead of General.. sent back with educational documents on December 18th.. received on December 22nd..

Quick question: If I have to check the status of my application, can I check it now or do I have to wait for AOR?
IF, I can do it now.. what is the process?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I got my application back again (2nd time) on 15th of December, reason was wife IELTS was Academic instead of General.. sent back with educational documents on December 18th.. received on December 22nd..

Quick question: If I have to check the status of my application, can I check it now or do I have to wait for AOR?
IF, I can do it now.. what is the process?
You have to wait till you receive AOR.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
According to CBC http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-increase-changes-1.4456879

There were 17,500 applicants in the first week (Oct 11 - 18); then 12,530 the week after. This could explain why first week applicants waited so long to get AOR.

Citizenship Applications Overview from the following link http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/0186868b-a04d-4a0e-962e-bdfbac51bfb3?wbdisable=true helps put things into perspective.

However, this is good news:
IRC spokeswoman Nancy Caron said: "Fluctuations in application rates are expected after rule changes, so the department put resources in place to handle "surge capacity" and keep processing times below the 12-month service standard.@

I'd say, so far, IRC is doing a pretty good job.

Last edited:

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Question for those who can help:
Received AOR for the first app, which was received on Oct. 19th and had old form and unsigned photos but has the photo lab stamp, and I sent another app which was received on Oct. 23rd.
Should I wait till I receive the AOR for the second app or wait till receiving IP for the first one then submit a withdraw letter for the second app?
My concern, based on the CIC agent who told me that any app would be opened by an officer in the mailing room to see if it met the basic requirements, but it depends on his discretion of the second officer who will process either to accept the photos unsigned or refuse it and ask me to send a signed photos.
Signed means to have your name written on the back.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Unfortunately late to the submission game . . . The citizenship package was signed for on 12/18/2017 in Sydney, NS - interestingly enough, 1 day before our 3 year PR Flagpole trip.

Do have a procedure question: Wife will be required to take the citizenship test, but I will not since I hit 55 before the submission [hence the delay in submitting]. Would I possibly get an invite to a citizenship ceremony before her? Or how does that work?

Cheers, VFX

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Question for those who can help:
Received AOR for the first app, which was received on Oct. 19th and had old form and unsigned photos but has the photo lab stamp, and I sent another app which was received on Oct. 23rd.
Should I wait till I receive the AOR for the second app or wait till receiving IP for the first one then submit a withdraw letter for the second app?
My concern, based on the CIC agent who told me that any app would be opened by an officer in the mailing room to see if it met the basic requirements, but it depends on his discretion of the second officer who will process either to accept the photos unsigned or refuse it and ask me to send a signed photos.
Signed means to have your name written on the back.
Refer to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

Reactions: Goooo123

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
Hello guys, hope things are going great with all of you. My application status changed to "in process" today (date showing December 27, 2017). Please update. All the best to all of you. Thank you.

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Hi everyone, my application was sent on October 17th, received on 23rd. I just checked my ECAS ( which is part of my daily routine) and it shows " We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017." It's a big relief... however I have not received an email yet. Any thoughts or similar cases ? Thank you !

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hi everyone, my application was sent on October 17th, received on 23rd. I just checked my ECAS ( which is part of my daily routine) and it shows " We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017." It's a big relief... however I have not received an email yet. Any thoughts or similar cases ? Thank you !
Check your spam/junk email. Sometimes it ends up there.

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Guys,
What happen If the test date happen to be on a day when am out of country for any reason?
Does re-scheduling cause problems?