+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hey guys,

My application was received on October 17th and still no AOR. I just got off the phone with cic agent. He was really convincing me to send a second application. He said it won’t complicate things, incase they find my old application. I been following this form for a while, and I’ve seen few Oct 16 applicants get their AOR last week. So I been keeping my hopes up.

Should I go ahead and submit a second application or should I wait until the end of January?

Note: Agent said their only closed dec 24, 26 and Jan 1st only.
That must be either a typo or the agent was messing with you with Some BS - they close on 24 and 26 but not on Xmas day, the 25th?

Manos

Dec 12, 2017
To all october applicants who didnt receive their AOR;
I share you the same feeling, my appliation was received on 23 october and no AOR till today. No worries and no stress, be relax! , CIC will find them soon and proceed fast to catch up in time . i have 3 previous experience for my PR renewal and my wife sponsorship, they were late 3 months to send me AOR but after that it took them few weeks to take action.

personally i didnt call and will not call, and I bet you all that your applications will be in process before end of january and will be be given priority for us to be on time with others!

happy holidays to all!
keep walking :)

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
I share you the same feeling, my appliation was received on 23 october and no AOR till today. No worries and no stress, be relax! , CIC will find them soon and proceed fast to catch up in time . i have 3 previous experience for my PR renewal and my wife sponsorship, they were late 3 months to send me AOR but after that it took them few weeks to take action.

personally i didnt call and will not call, and I bet you all that your applications will be in process before end of january and will be be given priority for us to be on time with others!

happy holidays to all!
Thanks for sharing.. We all gonna be citizens now or later.. im just gonna sit back and relax.. Good luck for you All and happy holidays

Reactions: maza

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Even so, 24th is a Sunday - I would put too much into what those agents from call center said
Even if they were working today, it's likely going to only be a half day, consumed with a holiday party to boot. Not to mention, they know there isn't any mail going anywhere for a few days, so they probably aren't getting much done anyways. That's okay. They deserve a break, too. :D

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I work in govt, 25 & 26 is stat holiday and most of the staff have taken vacation next week, Jan 1st is also a stat holiday, so the things will speed up again in the week of new year. no need to stress out if you dont see any updates...

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017

happy holidays to all!
I hope so dear friend.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, how can I get discover Canada on a cd?? I drive several hours every day and it would be more convenient to listen to the book than reading it.

solea05

Oct 18, 2011
Pls update:

application sent: Oct. 12
application received: Oct. 17
AOR received: Oct. 30 (via email)
From Calgary, 2 applications (for myself and child)
ECAS: In Process (Nov. 15)

UPDATE ON ECAS:

We sent you a notice on December 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 24, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Thanks!!

Reactions: Voltron123

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Pls update:

application sent: Oct. 12
application received: Oct. 17
AOR received: Oct. 30 (via email)
From Calgary, 2 applications (for myself and child)
ECAS: In Process (Nov. 15)

UPDATE ON ECAS:

We sent you a notice on December 20, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 24, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Thanks!!
updated. Good luck