+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for sharing the link. The link is the official document of the consequences for submitting multiple application and seems scary. Yeah I have submitted my second application because I was told to do so. I don't care if my application is delayed for this reason.
The only reason I was rushing because I thought Canadian passport is visa exempt to visit Russia for the Fifa world cup. Seems Canadian too required visa to visit Russia. So I am not rushing any more. I just regret sending the second application.
You don't need a visa to go to Russia for the world cup if you have a Fan ID, which you can obtain if you have tickets for a game.

Reactions: canehh

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello everyone..
I am a new member to the forum/website but been following for almost a year..
Wanted to share my timeline..
App. Type: Family (2)
Number of days when applied : 1350
Location : Grande Prairie -AB (so I guess CIC office is Edmonton)
Normal Application ( Not Urgent ).
App. sent : Oct 11th
App. Delivered : Oct 16th
AOR received : Nov 22nd
In Process : Dec 1st
Checked Ecas today and found below update on Dec 20th which I think the finger print request ( didn't receive the mail yet ).

We sent you correspondence on December 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

My advise to everyone.. Just be patient.. Petsonally I was tracking the Bill C6 only until I applied then I just forgot about it..
Just make sure to check your email and update your file if any changes occur .
Other than that just relax and enjoy your life! If you have special situation or emergency thats another story!

Happy Holidays and Good Luck to everyone :)
Added. Good luck!

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
My friend, we will wait for until mid-Jan then call CIC to take a serious action, otherwise, we do not have any other option but to reapply.
Pray for you and everyone who is spending his whole day and night expecting that "Do Not Reply" email.
My application was also received on October 20 and nothing yet. From other conversations, I don't see what's the point of sending a new application. I don't even have the energy to call bc whatever they say will make me more frustrated.

Last edited:

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
My application was also received on October 20 and nothing yet. From other conversations, I don't see what's the point of sending a new applications. I don't even have the energy to call bc whatever they say will make me more frustrated.
Because by Mid-Jan it will 12 weeks passed as CIC told us.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks for sharing the link. The link is the official document of the consequences for submitting multiple application and seems scary. Yeah I have submitted my second application because I was told to do so. I don't care if my application is delayed for this reason.
The only reason I was rushing because I thought Canadian passport is visa exempt to visit Russia for the Fifa world cup. Seems Canadian too required visa to visit Russia. So I am not rushing any more. I just regret sending the second application.
Don't worry. It was explicitly mentioned by Russian officials that you don't need visa to visit World Cup http://www.russianembassy.org/page/fifa-world-cup-2018-visa-information

Reactions: canehh

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hey guys,

My application was received on October 17th and still no AOR. I just got off the phone with cic agent. He was really convincing me to send a second application. He said it won’t complicate things, incase they find my old application. I been following this form for a while, and I’ve seen few Oct 16 applicants get their AOR last week. So I been keeping my hopes up.

Should I go ahead and submit a second application or should I wait until the end of January?

Note: Agent said their only closed dec 24, 26 and Jan 1st only.
Well, if you track your application and you have the record- why should you send a new application?

Last edited:

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have a friend who had a terrible experience when he applied for PR. He waited one year before he went to his MP to help him locate his application. IRCC couldn't provide an explanation why his application was lost and couldn't be processed for an entire year.

At the time when my friend thought he's about to receive his PR card, IRCC simply told him we didn't receive your application, it took him one year to wake up and pursue the matter seriously and he was in serious , extremely serious trouble back then. Now he's applying for Citizenship and planning not to repeat the same mistake. He's actively following through his application. This is an example of how reckless it can get at IRCC. They receive tens of thousands of applications, and you don't want them to loose some, unbelievable. they're as much human as anyone else. think about it.
It's not an excuse for them. Don't they have cabinets to keep the file and some written record of what enter their office? The applications we sent are not sticky notes, it's a package that weighs 1 kg.

Last edited:
Reactions: anasja2000

stuart63w3

Dec 23, 2017
Hey folks,

Application sent in October
AOR in November

ECAS updated recently to say 'your application started processing on xxxxx date in December'

What does this mean here in terms of what usually may happen next, if all goes well, would a test invite be the next stage? If yes (from the trend here of people that got test invites) do you think a test invite may occur in a few weeks?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey folks,

Application sent in October
AOR in November

ECAS updated recently to say 'your application started processing on xxxxx date in December'

What does this mean here in terms of what usually may happen next, if all goes well, would a test invite be the next stage? If yes (from the trend here of people that got test invites) do you think a test invite may occur in a few weeks?
Typically, next step is test invite. But you could also get a fingerprint request, or a quality assurance questionnaire (applicants randomly chosen), or both before you get the test invite.

Last edited: