+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
sent on 16 Oct, was received by them on 19th Oct....and got the application back today :)
The reason is that I did not provide two identification documents for my children. However, mine and my wife's applications are termed as complete (but returned with the pack).
I did provide the PR cards and COPR for the entire family. But perhaps CIC did not accept that as proof!
Should I now send Health Cards, School Report and PR card copies?
Do I need to fill the forms again? Or just provide the additional documents?
My understanding is - CIC do not accept same document proof two times.
What I did for my kid , I have attached Health card as it has name and DOB and school identification card which has photo , name and DOB.
For Minor only one document should have pic and other may work without it so I used health card.

I might be wrong but as a best practice never use same document as two identity proof.

Thx

flywith2010

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Sorry to read this man. I had the same thing happen to me. Application for whole family was returned for this exact reason. I sent everything back as it is along with health card for child and a record from school. Good luck and hopefully we both get our AORs fast soon.
My understanding is - CIC do not accept same document proof two times.
What I did for my kid , I have attached Health card as it has name and DOB and school identification card which has photo , name and DOB.
For Minor only one document should have pic and other may work without it so I used health card.

I might be wrong but as a best practice never use same document as two identity proof.

Thx

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
When did u sent ur application back? I received mine too and send it back on Nov 19... Any clue how long its gonna take more after that?
My original app was delivered on Oct 16. Got it back in the last week of Oct. Sent back in delivered on Nov 2. Waiting for AOR since then. People are getting AORs after over a month. So I hope the same for me as well.

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
I made a mistake in my application. The only one I could find.
I checked no to the unemployed option but in fact I was unemployed for 2 months.
I did mention that 2 months in the chart.
Would this be a huge issue?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I made a mistake in my application. The only one I could find.
I checked no to the unemployed option but in fact I was unemployed for 2 months.
I did mention that 2 months in the chart.
Would this be a huge issue?
They won't return your application (pretty sure). You can inform them of the mistake via the webform after you get AOR.

Same question, I forgot to check the boxes that don't apply to me like "unemployed", "self-employed". Still got AOR.

Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Reactions: light88

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
They won't return your application (pretty sure). You can inform them of the mistake via the webform after you get AOR.

Same question, I forgot to check the boxes that don't apply to me like "unemployed", "self-employed". Still got AOR.

Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Thanks for your response Razerblade. I also called and the agent said My app wont be returned for that. if anything they contact me for verification.
I checked the webform link and I think that non of the scenarios listed in that page apply to correcting a mistake made in an app. it more for making changes not correcting mistakes.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for your response Razerblade. I also called and the agent said My app wont be returned for that. if anything they contact me for verification.
I checked the webform link and I think that non of the scenarios listed in that page apply to correcting a mistake made in an app. it more for making changes not correcting mistakes.
A lot of people on this forum have successfully used the webform in the past as well as recently to correct their mistakes. CIC responds back after the updates have been made to your file.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Hi guys,
I sent my application on Oct 13 and got it received on Oct 16. No AOR yet. Just wonder if anybody else is in the same boat?

Out of curiosity I called CIC yesterday evening. The agent said, that my application had not been opened yet (which, tbh surprised me a lot, as lots people who filed after me got it processed already), but most likely (she also mentioned), they would catch up in the next couple of days.

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
A lot of people on this forum have successfully used the webform in the past as well as recently to correct their mistakes. CIC responds back after the updates have been made to your file.
I phoned CIC today after one hour wait, and agent told me to send mail to Nova Scotia with pages corrected.
No mention of web form, though I asked if I could email it. He said use the regular mail.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hi guys,

I’m just giving you a heads up about using the webform. I made a mistake in my application and ticked no for the 183 days outside Canada question (I lived in my home country prior to moving here as PR) hence I didn’t provide a PCC.

Now I used the webform to let them know that I made that mistake and told them I’ll be providing the PCC when needed.

I already got my AOR and my status in ECAS is in process as of Nov 14.

We have a community mailbox and I only check my mail like once a week or every two weeks. And guess what? I got a letter pertaining to my webform update. They’re asking for an updated Physical Presence Calculator to confirm all absence which is odd since my calculator is correct.

Zuscheema

Apr 12, 2017
hi guys!!!!! my application delivered 19 oct 2017......no Aor yet......just realized i missed to write down my SIN number.......so is it a sure return????