+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
well looks like thi week and1 more week or so to finish the first week applicants where the most number of applicants are .. next week and after applicants number are less
I doubt if applications before Oct.16 will be finished before the end of next week with the current speed. Look at the the sheet, there is about 260 applications before Oct.16th and only about 90 got AOR. Imagine how many people applied but don't come to the forum.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt if applications before Oct.16 will be finished before the end of next week with the current speed. Look at the the sheet, there is about 260 applications before Oct.16th and only about 90 got AOR. Imagine how many people applied but don't come to the forum.
In this pace, another 3-4 weeks are needed at least.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Crazy .. I sent it 2 weeks after I am even 200 more after first week .. I should have sent it by Priority delivery instead of express mail at least would have had earlier spot than now ..

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Got AOR this morning, please update. Thanks

nitika_joshi

Jun 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
15-May-2014 (PCC, RPRF)
Nomination.....
30-Sep--2013
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
13-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2014
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2014
My Application got delivered today. Please update the google tracker.
Id: NikkiJo
Sent on 6/Nov/2017

vgpl

Jun 22, 2012
After going through this forum, after seeing the trends and analyzing the data, I came to some conclusions on how IRCC is working on our citizenship applications.

- As govt know that they would receive many applications, they selected X number of officers and trained them to work on C-6 applications. Some officers are left behind to complete work on pre C-6 applications.
- this is the reason why post C-6 applicants are getting their AOR's now.
- What happens to our citizenship application once it is received by IRCC.
- "Receiving Section" received the application - where in Mike, Ryan etc., and other are working, they then hand over it to "Screening Section".
- "Screening Section" would open your applications and check for the completeness of applications. They do not look into what you have written, they would verify whether your application is complete or not for further processing. If your application is missing something, they would attach a letter and send it back to you. If your application is complete, then they would hand over it to next section. *** Based on my observation, if your application was delivered before October 13/16 and your application is not returned by now, there are fair chances that this check is passed and waiting at the next step. ***
- "Data Entry". Their job is to enter your information into thier computer system. At this stage, AOR e-mails are triggered, for applications where e-mail address is not specified, they would be sent to another department for printing AOR's and sent out. Also, at this stage, request to send "Discover Canada" book is also triggered.
- Now your file sitting in queue and waiting.
- Next stage: When an Officer is ready to accept new application to work on, your application would be picked up, based on the Received Date etc.,
- this is the stage Officer would request CRA and CBSA for your records.
- all requests would be queued and sent to the respective offices, information would received and processed electronically.
- Officer reviews the file once the information is processed, he adds his notes and transfers your application for local office.
***I'm not sure if local office would be requesting the CRA & CBSA records or Sydney office***

Okay, this is what I thought, how IRCC is working.

Does it makes sense?

RON5252

Nov 9, 2017
Urgent help ,

hello all

I am finishing my citizenship application and I have a question about eligibility period. In Application form @ 9(a) it asks to use a Physical calculator to get dates and on physical calculator it gives eligibility 5 years from now.

So when in question 9 C it asks During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada do I need to say yes or no if we consider eligibility period 5 years from now which is 2012 nov and I got my PR in nov 2013 and landed Dec 2013 never visited outside from Canada more than 10 days. Also, Do I also need to add my Back home address in question 10 (a) as Eligibility period covers till Nov 2012

Also one more question “Where were you Physically located? “ I was working as a Contractor for a consulting company, which provides services for its clients.

Should I mention the location of client where I was physically present for 4 weeks or the location of my Consulting company ( Recruiter)?

Please help me to complete my application.

Marreco

Mar 29, 2017
Please, someone add me to the tracking sheet:

ID: Marreco
App. Type: Family
Physical Presence Days: 1602
App. Sent: October 11th
App. Delivered: October 16th
AOR: November 2nd

Thanks!

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Crazy .. I sent it 2 weeks after I am even 200 more after first week .. I should have sent it by Priority delivery instead of express mail at least would have had earlier spot than now ..
priority delivery and express mail may not make a big difference. Like a lot of applications delivered on 12th or 13th haven't got AOR yet, but a lot of 16th or even one 20th got AOR. We can do nothing but wait.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely no clue how IRCC process the applications. Wish they could organize a open house event, LOL.... A lot of applicants delivered on 12th, 13th, 16th, 17th haven't got AOR. However, someone from 18th, 19th, 20th got them. What's the logic? No offence, just curious.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
After going through this forum, after seeing the trends and analyzing the data, I came to some conclusions on how IRCC is working on our citizenship applications.

- As govt know that they would receive many applications, they selected X number of officers and trained them to work on C-6 applications. Some officers are left behind to complete work on pre C-6 applications.
- this is the reason why post C-6 applicants are getting their AOR's now.
- What happens to our citizenship application once it is received by IRCC.
- "Receiving Section" received the application - where in Mike, Ryan etc., and other are working, they then hand over it to "Screening Section".
- "Screening Section" would open your applications and check for the completeness of applications. They do not look into what you have written, they would verify whether your application is complete or not for further processing. If your application is missing something, they would attach a letter and send it back to you. If your application is complete, then they would hand over it to next section. *** Based on my observation, if your application was delivered before October 13/16 and your application is not returned by now, there are fair chances that this check is passed and waiting at the next step. ***
- "Data Entry". Their job is to enter your information into thier computer system. At this stage, AOR e-mails are triggered, for applications where e-mail address is not specified, they would be sent to another department for printing AOR's and sent out. Also, at this stage, request to send "Discover Canada" book is also triggered.
- Now your file sitting in queue and waiting.
- Next stage: When an Officer is ready to accept new application to work on, your application would be picked up, based on the Received Date etc.,
- this is the stage Officer would request CRA and CBSA for your records.
- all requests would be queued and sent to the respective offices, information would received and processed electronically.
- Officer reviews the file once the information is processed, he adds his notes and transfers your application for local office.
***I'm not sure if local office would be requesting the CRA & CBSA records or Sydney office***

Okay, this is what I thought, how IRCC is working.

Does it makes sense?
Pretty fair observation. But screening and Data entry can't be different otherwise an additional step for them. It can be one step thing.

Good Luck
S.B

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
I just received my AOR at 2.47 pm EST along with the attachment.
Please update the tracker.

My application was received on the 12th of October and signed for by Mike.
I sent my application by Purolator, next day service to Sydney.
ID enclosed include biographical pages of valid passport and copy of front and back of PR card.
I did not send a copy of my COPR, Driving licence, Medical card etc.
I did write my name at the back of both photographs.
All questions in the form were completed and empty fields were filled in with an N.A.

Reactions: Johnboy

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received my AOR at 2.47 pm EST.
Please update the tracker.

My application was received on the 12th of October and signed for by Mike.
I sent my application by Purolator, next day service to Sydney.
ID enclosed include biographical pages of valid passport and copy of front and back of PR card.
I did not send a copy of my COPR, Driving licence, Medical card etc.
Updated.

Reactions: GiantPanda