+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

RajEd

Oct 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

In have the following question

I have already submitted my application - Individual adult. I have paid $630 for the application. I was talking to my friend after submission and he said I should have also applied for the Citizenship Certificate $75.00.

Now I am confuse as it is too late. What do we need the citizenship certificate for? Will I be eligible to apply to for my Canadian passport without the citizenship certificate or not.

Please help.

RajEd

Oct 8, 2017
Hello Spyfy,

I have the following question

I have already submitted my application - Individual adult. I have paid $630 for the application. I was talking to my friend after submission and he said I should have also applied for the Citizenship Certificate $75.00 as well.

Now I am confuse as it is too late. What do we need the citizenship certificate for? Will I be eligible to apply to for my Canadian passport without the citizenship certificate or not.

Prime A

Oct 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have already submitted my application - Individual adult. I have paid $630 for the application. I was talking to my friend after submission and he said I should have also applied for the Citizenship Certificate $75.00.

Please help.
Don't worry, you paid the correct fee. $630 is what is required, at least at this point. $530 for processing and $100 for right of citizenship fee

Reactions: jsm0085

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Hello Spyfy,

I have the following question

I have already submitted my application - Individual adult. I have paid $630 for the application. I was talking to my friend after submission and he said I should have also applied for the Citizenship Certificate $75.00 as well.

No, Citizenship Certificate for them to provide you with a certificate to prove you're Canadian if some other country or whatever situation requires one. It has nothing to do with your Citizenship application. Your friend is wrong.

Look here at the description: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp
This application is for Canadian citizens who want to apply for a citizenship certificate. Citizenship certificates are proof of Canadian citizenship.

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Please help.
I read that you can apply for your passport a couple days after your citizenship ceremony. Can’t remember the exact number of days. It’s on cic’s website somewhere though :)

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
The latest version of the application form was made available today. It fixes Q11 issues
Its internal date is 25th October, you can check this in Adobe Acrobat by navigating File->Properties
Thanks Johnboy :) I did apply yesterfay I would like to add my name to the excel fike tracker .. I have1488 days alot more than the requirments !!

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Out of 355 applicants on this excel sheet 3 person updated their status as AOR. So 1% of the list. Pretty good !!

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Quesiton 9C you have to select No because you did not lived there just visited for few weeks. And you have to use your Calgary address that is only make sense.
But I was physically in Saskatoon not in Calgary. How does Calgary address make sense?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
But I was physically in Saskatoon not in Calgary. How does Calgary address make sense?
I used to work in Fort McMurray but our office was in Calgary. We never have a physical mailing address in Fort McMurray. It was contract job by our employer. So I used Calgary as my employer address. That is how it make sense to me. You have to provide them a phone number so as long as your employer can be contacted you are good.