Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I would advise against sending anything that they haven't asked for. You simply authorize IRCC to directly access your CRA returns. There is no reason to include these with your application. It would only create confusion and more work for the person going over your file.

Choice is yours at the end of the day.
My SIN no changed after PR and my CRA record only showing 3 yrs of assessment. What i am gonna do for other 2 years? I did filed those

Oct 17, 2017
Hi All,

Is the sealed envelop of my transcript a good proof for my language skills, if I am currently an undergrad student, studying an English based major in a university inside of Canada?

There are some confusion on the main site guideline where it mentioned the language skills. I remember reading that current students are good to provide the transcript as well but in other sections related to the same topic it only mentioned its valid for those who studied.

Just trying to make things clear on this topic so if you have legit information please share it with the group.

Thanks,

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
My SIN no changed after PR and my CRA record only showing 3 yrs of assessment. What i am gonna do for other 2 years? I did filed those
Your temporary pre PR SIN starts with a 9, once you attain PR you get a new SIN
The CRA should link the 2 SINs together; they did for me. I didn't have to do anything, it happened automagically :) probably when I applied for a new SIN at ServiceCanada after I landed. I think I recall that you have to tell them of your pre-PR SIN and hence they get joined together.

If you have an online CRA myAccount then you should be able to see all of your tax filings; I can see both my pre PR and post PR tax filings.
If this is not the case for you, then I advise you contact CRA directly to ensure your SINs have been correctly linked together.

Last edited:

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
you should check yes for all 5 years. the question asks did you file or not? answer is yes. CRA will have records of your old and new SIN.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi All,

Is the sealed envelop of my transcript a good proof for my language skills, if I am currently an undergrad student, studying an English based major in a university inside of Canada?

There are some confusion on the main site guideline where it mentioned the language skills. I remember reading that current students are good to provide the transcript as well but in other sections related to the same topic it only mentioned its valid for those who studied.

Just trying to make things clear on this topic so if you have legit information please share it with the group.

Thanks,
can you even access the transcripts for the course that you have not yet completed? did you need to show english proficiency for university application?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks,
If you haven't graduated yet, then you cannot submit transcripts as proof. My friend's application was returned for this reason.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
If you haven't graduated yet, then you cannot submit transcripts as proof. My friend's application was returned for this reason.
This is really confusing as the new page says the following

Have you completed or are you currently attending a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?
If you are, send a copy of proof that you have completed or are currently attending a program with your citizenship application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be:

• from a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French
  • written in English or French

Did your friend apply under the new rule after October 11? I remember it was different before

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

Have you completed or are you currently attending a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?
If you are, send a copy of proof that you have completed or are currently attending a program with your citizenship application. Proof can be your:

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be:

Did your friend apply under the new rule after October 11? I remember it was different before
I agree with you, based on what the instruction guide says, If you get an official school transcript of your ongoing studies, I don't see how they can return your app.

Reactions: sam001

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Even if it's just a week old, keep in mind that IRCC continuously updates the form and you are expected to use the newest version available. You can risk it with an older version, I wouldn't risk it myself. If you have technical difficulties, see my suggestion above with the extra page.

Note: You can of course do what you want to do. But if you expect me to say "it's OK to use an old form, even if it's just a week old", I can't do that :)
Spyfy what if I put the 2 versions in the file and send it like that and attach a letter indicating that first application or the current one on the website doesnt print all the information ?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi All,

Thanks,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

This is the page where it says. I think it should be good enough to submit a transcript of the ongoing program you are attending

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
It never saves time, my PR application went from 12 months to 26 because I sent papers they didnt ask for... Immigration is never gonna trust what you say, thats why they ask permission to request info from CRA, CBSA and RCMP, what they want to know, they will ask themselves... how can the officer be sure that you didnt furgered those documents...? Its a matter of common sense guys, just read the guide, answer what you are asked for and restrain from making out forms and sending documents that are not asked for, wait until they actually read your application and ask you for what they need if they need anything at all....
I just dont understand the willing on some people to complicate such simple paperwork... plus, all that people that send stupid amount of unasked documents just make their process and everyone elses slower because officer need to spend more time trying to make sense of all those documents...

Thats exactly what they offcier of immigration told me las time, he needed go check throughfully every single piece of paper that I sent that wasnt asked for, and corroborate with actual info he got from other agencies, so he had no time to go through it all day, and put my file on hold until he was able to finish everything. He said my file would have been done long time ago, but because I sent all those papers, now he needed to check and recheck and corroborate with what he received, and that my file was slowing process of other people as well
Your experience should be pinned on the main citizenship page to answer all this people that always try to complicate and send their best-buy receipts and costco membership as proof of whatever they think it will prove.
The fact that an officer told you it made the process 2 times longer,should be an example for everyone as well as a warning and maybe cut the messages amount here by 90%.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

• diploma
  • transcript
  • certificate
Your proof must be:

You're right, requirement has changed. My friend applied pre-C24. I have a copy of the OLD guide which required the completion of the program.

From OLD instruction guide, "Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or
French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a
letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of
the original document."

Reactions: sam001

Prime A

Oct 18, 2017
Spyfy what if I put the 2 versions in the file and send it like that and attach a letter indicating that first application or the current one on the website doesnt print all the information ?
Do not send the old version, it is now invalid. They will not act on the old version, just the new application with new instructions/checklist. Maybe there's something not right with your computer, try another. I don't know what you mean by "the current one doesn't print all the information" Sending some info on the old application and some on the new, is a sure way of getting everything returned to you, so forget about the old forms, and remember, they will only act on your file if the application is complete, and on the correct forms.

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Hello,

I am stuck with Q.9(c) and Q.11.
9(c): I have visited my home country for 5 weeks during the eligibility period, but the form CIT 0177 does not apply to me. What should I select?
11: I worked in a company whose address is in Calgary, AB. But I worked in the Saskatoon, SK area and there was no fixed office in my work area because I audited various stores of a different company. What address should I use?

Also do I need to send 2 photo ids along with copy of passport or one id along with copy of passport?

Thanks!

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Please Guys advice :

2- Can we use the OLD form cause the new one doesnt print all the information in work history !!?o_Oo_Oo_O
The latest version of the application form was made available today. It fixes Q11 issues
Its internal date is 25th October, you can check this in Adobe Acrobat by navigating File->Properties

Reactions: Monmon24