+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Sparkling

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Hello everyone, can I please seek advise to the experts...

On the Online Physical Calculator, it says that my eligibility period is Oct 18, 2012 to Oct 18, 2017.
I came to Canada last March 2013 as a worker and became PR on June 2015. There is a question that says, "Did you leave Canada between your eligibility period?" I was not yet in Canada on Oct 18, 2012 until March 2013, so should I state the date and place/country where I was during that time as absence from Canada?

Thank you!

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
In Physical Presence Calculator, I was asked about my status in Canada before I got my PR status. After completing my post graduation, I worked here under post grad work permit.

Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between this date (Say DateA) to that date (Say DateB).
I worked in Canada under post grad permit during this period.
What would be status type for this period. in the drop down, options are,
a. Visitor
b. International Student
c. Temporary Worker
d. Temporary Resident Permit Holder
e. Protected Person.

Can you please tell me which one will be applicable for me?
I had the same thing. I put in as Temporary worker.

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
In form CIT0002E, # 6 question is: List all the names you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married names,, nicknames.
If I have only one name that I have used all my life, do I still have to fill this question?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I was looking at the excel sheet for the Citizenship Applicants! If you look at September 2017 applications you will see 100% delivered on the App. Delivered column but only 46% AOR after 1 months! I wonder why only 46%. Could be rest of the application they returned for incomplete? That many returned? or something else? Any clue?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I was looking at the excel sheet for the Citizenship Applicants! If you look at September 2017 applications you will see 100% delivered on the App. Delivered column but only 46% AOR after 1 months! I wonder why only 46%. Could be rest of the application they returned for incomplete? That many returned? or something else? Any clue?
1) not everyone actively updates their status here. Could be more people got AOR, just haven't updated it on the sheet
2) if you look at the delivery date to AOR days (column O), it is roughly 30 days
3) Most other September applicants should be getting their AORs by end of October

Let's hope it doesn't get too much worse now that C6 has been implemented, and there are a lot more applicants.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
1) not everyone actively updates their status here. Could be more people got AOR, just haven't updated it on the sheet
2) if you look at the delivery date to AOR days (column O), it is roughly 30 days
3) Most other September applicants should be getting their AORs by end of October

Let's hope it doesn't get too much worse now that C6 has been implemented, and there are a lot more applicants.
Yeah you are right! I really hope CIC well planned and ready to handle after C6's application!

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017

I think (or hope) that timeline will be roughly same for October applicants i.e. roughly 30-35 days for AOR.

For November onwards, it is quite possible that timeline increases in the increments of 10%-20%

Fingers Crossed!! :)

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
In form CIT0002E, # 6 question is: List all the names you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married names,, nicknames.
If I have only one name that I have used all my life, do I still have to fill this question?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Question you back! If you have only use one name in your all life then how it is possible for you to fill this?

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
@Canven84 can you please add me to spreadsheet

App.Type: Individual
Physical Presence Days: 1341.5
App Sent: Oct 12, 2017
App Recd: Oct 13, 2017
Note: 3/5 rule

Thank you so much

xxpazaway1985

Oct 3, 2017
I think (or hope) that timeline will be roughly same for October applicants i.e. roughly 30-35 days for AOR.

For November onwards, it is quite possible that timeline increases in the increments of 10%-20%

Fingers Crossed!! :)
Hello can you add me to spreadsheet Please.

App.Type: Individual
Physical Presence Days: 1341.5
App Sent: Oct 12, 2017
App Recd: Oct 13, 2017
Note: 3/5 rule

Thank you so much