+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

lost_passport

Oct 9, 2017
has anyone noticed that the new form doesnt ask for your place/country of birth (contrary to the previous forms). I'm just curious to know why they made this change, despite the fact that its a crucial information and is definitely needed for you to be able to log in to verify the status of your application.
I know that its probably mentioned on peoples passports, but this means that they have to look for it and I don't understand why the have made their own job harder ... (just felt like sharing it with you...)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
has anyone noticed that the new form doesnt ask for your place/country of birth (contrary to the previous forms). I'm just curious to know why they made this change, despite the fact that its a crucial information and is definitely needed for you to be able to log in to verify the status of your application.
I know that its probably mentioned on peoples passports, but this means that they have to look for it and I don't understand why the have made their own job harder ... (just felt like sharing it with you...)
At no point during the assessment of the application has the place of birth any relevance to them. So why should they ask for it? They simply realized they asked for something they never needed, so they dropped it from the form.

Reactions: lost_passport

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
There is a question about nationality or citizenship, Q13. It is the same

Reactions: jsm0085

lost_passport

Oct 9, 2017
At no point during the assessment of the application has the place of birth any relevance to them. So why should they ask for it? They simply realized they asked for something they never needed, so they dropped it from the form.
However they ask for country of birth when you trying to log in to check the status; so they have to enter it in their system anyways.
I just thought they are adding an extra step by having to go through your passport to find that information.
Maybe what I mentioned is very irrelevant, but I personally found it interesting. Sorry for making the thread even more busy :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However they ask for country of birth when you trying to log in to check the status; so they have to enter it in their system anyways.
I just thought they are adding an extra step by having to go through your passport to find that information.
Maybe what I mentioned is very irrelevant, but I personally found it interesting. Sorry for making the thread even more busy :)
Remember that they have a lot of the information on the system from your PR app, already connected with your UCI.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Nothing to be sorry about. I was just answering the question. But the ECAS thing is actually a valid point. But maybe they are in fact just copying it from the passport.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
I don't think so if its about they needed or not, there are many other question they don't need to ask even then they are asking e.g. nicknames, to me place of birth is more important info then nicknames, so we cant say, cic has some reason asking for any info

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I don't think so if its about they needed or not, there are many other question they don't need to ask even then they are asking e.g. nicknames, to me place of birth is more important info then nicknames, so we cant say, cic has some reason asking for any info
No, Nicknames are important. Because they might be on file in some police case. They are screening you and want to know all the names you might be known by.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Guys, i missed the required to file column in taxes question, i ticked yes i have filed taxes column for 5 yrs but didnt ticked required to file column, i thought we are required to tick either of the column, is it a big mistake???

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But what if your country of birth changed since your PR application? ;)
Happens to me each time - each subsequent application (wp, pr, sponsorship) i had birth country changed from USSR to Ukraine and back again, looks like it's a dead loop though:)